“Great cheaper hotel in Mission Bay.”

BEST WESTERN Mission Bay
Ranked #97 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Great cheaper hotel in Mission Bay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was great! The room was clean, the staff was nice and the breakfast was surprisingly awesome. The maid even brought us extra towels as soon as we got there (presumably by the request of the front desk clerk because there were two women staying in the room) and we didn't even have to ask for them! =) The price was fantastic as well - I booked via Priceline and got a great deal. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am thrilled to see that you had an exceptional stay!

It is wonderful that you enjoyed the room, breakfast and value for the price. Though we do have an older property, we are careful to maintain the rooms and grounds!

Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer care and I'm glad our team members were able to do that for you. It is wonderful that our staff took proactive measures to make your stay more comfortable.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 200 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again. Have a wonderful week!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Elk Grove, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Knowing that beach towns cater to vacationers, and bad travelers with bad attitudes but too cheap to admit it, this is a reasonably priced, bed, shower and location. There are lots of coices in San Diego, location wise, this is as good as it gets.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay, and were happy with our beds, bathrooms and location. Do you have any suggestions for ways we can improve?

Please let me know when you return to San Diego, as I would be happy to assist you with reservations. I can be reached at 619-275-5700 x 200 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again!

Riverside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a mid range Best Western hotel. Nothing fancy. The hotel is about a mile from Mission Bay and all of its attractions.

The rooms are average size, fairly well maintained and clean. There is a huge parking lot which, I assume, is shared by other business that were closed during our visit.

There is no restaurant onsite.

The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. They worked hard to ensure guests were accommodated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Best Western Mission Bay.

I am very happy to see that you were satisfied with our rooms, and cleanliness. Is there anything we can do to improve the rooms or property? We are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experiences.

I appreciate your compliments to our staff members. Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer service, and count on our fantastic team members to make your stay memorable.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in the future. You can contact me directly at 619-275-5700 x 200 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!

california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hotel is kind of centralized....although I think I like the Hotel Circle a bit better. The whole staff was very nice and accommodating. Breakfast in the special room was not bad and the staff in the room very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very happy to see that you were pleasantly surprised by our rooms, breakfast and staff. Though we are not as central as Hotel Circle, our location is safe, quiet and close to the Bay and Sea World.

I am very happy to see that you were satisfied with our guest services and housekeeping teams. We strive to deliver superior service, and I'm glad our team members were able to do that for you.

When you return to San Diego, please consider staying with us again so we have the opportunity to show you a superior guest experience. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The location was fine but I wasn't excited to get back to our room after a long day. Things in the room were falling apart and I couldn't wait to move on to our next destination. The pool was out in the middle of the parking lot which we had no interest in using. I would not go back.

The one good thing I can say is there was one staff member in the breakfast room who went above and beyond his services.

• Stayed May 2013
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am so sorry to see that the amenities in the room were not functioning properly. I would love to know which room number you stayed in so I can ask our maintenance team to place it out of order until we can return it to our usual high standards. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we aim to make every guest stay a great experience and I will use your feedback to verify our rooms are in full working order.

Thank you so much for your compliments to our Breakfast Room Attendant, Jerry. We agree that he is a fantastic asset to our team, and do our best to make sure he knows it! I have passed your comments to our General Manager, as well as Jerry himself. I appreciate you taking the time to share your excellent experience with him.

I would like to ask that you consider staying with us again in the future so we can have the opportunity to show you a wonderful hotel with great rooms and a dedicated staff.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for anything you may need in the future, or if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz. I am confident that we can improve in all areas than your experience.

Thank you again for completing the review.

Rialto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were looking for a reasonable priced hotel near sea world that was in a nice area and also had breakfast. After 2days of searching, I read reviews on hotels.com and read that it was a great hotel. They were right! Great price, clean hotel and even had continental breakfast as well as a few hot items too! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience with our hotel! It is wonderful that you had such a positive stay. Thank you for your compliments to our property's location, breakfast, and price.

Please let me know when you plan on staying with us again so I can assist you with your reservations. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again!

CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here from 4/23/13 to 4/25/13 (2 nights) during our trip to Seaworld. Checkin was easy; front desk lady was friendly; even asked which floor I wanted to be in! Parking lot had lots of parking available when we checked in. At night, though, it seems that there were more residents than I had thought. Free parking, clean. We stayed on the 3rd floor, room 331, two double beds room. Thank goodness for the elevator! There’s only one, in the middle of the BW complex. Got a great deal online at an Advanced rate. Clean for the most part, but I noticed black footprints when my daughter got into the tub the first evening, from the carpet. Thus, we wore our flipflops to further avoid this. Free microwave & fridge, coffeemaker, iron. Didn’t try iron or microwave. Hairdryer wouldn’t turn on, but I didn’t need it. I did tell the Front desk about it, though, when we checked out. Shower was clean, water pressure wasn’t that strong, but doable; hot water stayed hot throughout. Towels were a little worn, but not too sandpaper-y. Wifi wasn't as strong as I would like (2 out of 3 bars). Had some trouble connecting with my iphone, but no prob with my laptop & ipad. Location is near a freeway, but we couldn't hear it from our room at all, very quiet. Only about a 5min drive to Seaworld! Pool looked clean, but didn't get to try it, not sure if it was heated though. Beds & pillows were comfy enough for the 3 of us.
Breakfast was deluxe continental: coffee, hot cocoa (my favorite!), various pastries, make your own waffles station, cereals, milk, juices, hard boiled eggs, bread with toaster avail, hot sausage/egg biscuit. Breakfast room was larger than I thought! That’s great coz several families were coming in early like us, at 7:15am. The breakfast attendant, JERRY, was very attentive to refill whatever needed to. We were ecstatic to learn that he was even born in GUAM, where we live (the 671)!! Thank you to JERRY, and a belated happy birthday to him, too, as he shares the same bday as my daughter, April 27!! An elderly gentleman, the Manager (I think), came out & met with everyone at their tables each day, to check if there was anything needed, and to ask where they were travelling from. Nice touch! Checkout was also just as easy for us. Highly recommended; would stay in again if I should need to in the future.

Room Tip: near elevator if staying on 3rd floor!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you hear you were happy with your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. Your comments could easily be our mantra: Clean, quiet, friendly and conveniently located.

I appreciate your compliments to our Front Office Supervisor, Leidy. She really is a gem at the front desk, and I am so glad you were happy with her service. I also appreciate your compliments to our Breakfast Room Attendant, Jerry and our General Manager, Paul. Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer service, and count on our fantastic team members to make your stay memorable.

I would like to apologize for the issue you had with the carpet. I have asked our Housekeeping Manager to place room 331 out of order so we can schedule a deep carpet cleaning. I have also asked our Maintenance team to check on the hair dryer and water pressure in the room. I am so sorry we were not able to correct those problems while you were here.

If you return to San Diego, please do not hesitate to contact me for any of your reservation needs. I can be reached at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review, and a very Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter!!