“GREAT STAFF”

Ranked #110 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Riverside, California
“GREAT STAFF”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a mid range Best Western hotel. Nothing fancy. The hotel is about a mile from Mission Bay and all of its attractions.

The rooms are average size, fairly well maintained and clean. There is a huge parking lot which, I assume, is shared by other business that were closed during our visit.

There is no restaurant onsite.

The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. They worked hard to ensure guests were accommodated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Best Western Mission Bay.

I am very happy to see that you were satisfied with our rooms, and cleanliness. Is there anything we can do to improve the rooms or property? We are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experiences.

I appreciate your compliments to our staff members. Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer service, and count on our fantastic team members to make your stay memorable.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in the future. You can contact me directly at 619-275-5700 x 200 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
california
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hotel is kind of centralized....although I think I like the Hotel Circle a bit better. The whole staff was very nice and accommodating. Breakfast in the special room was not bad and the staff in the room very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very happy to see that you were pleasantly surprised by our rooms, breakfast and staff. Though we are not as central as Hotel Circle, our location is safe, quiet and close to the Bay and Sea World.

I am very happy to see that you were satisfied with our guest services and housekeeping teams. We strive to deliver superior service, and I'm glad our team members were able to do that for you.

When you return to San Diego, please consider staying with us again so we have the opportunity to show you a superior guest experience. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The location was fine but I wasn't excited to get back to our room after a long day. Things in the room were falling apart and I couldn't wait to move on to our next destination. The pool was out in the middle of the parking lot which we had no interest in using. I would not go back.

The one good thing I can say is there was one staff member in the breakfast room who went above and beyond his services.

• Stayed May 2013
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am so sorry to see that the amenities in the room were not functioning properly. I would love to know which room number you stayed in so I can ask our maintenance team to place it out of order until we can return it to our usual high standards. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we aim to make every guest stay a great experience and I will use your feedback to verify our rooms are in full working order.

Thank you so much for your compliments to our Breakfast Room Attendant, Jerry. We agree that he is a fantastic asset to our team, and do our best to make sure he knows it! I have passed your comments to our General Manager, as well as Jerry himself. I appreciate you taking the time to share your excellent experience with him.

I would like to ask that you consider staying with us again in the future so we can have the opportunity to show you a wonderful hotel with great rooms and a dedicated staff.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for anything you may need in the future, or if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz. I am confident that we can improve in all areas than your experience.

Thank you again for completing the review.

Rialto, California
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were looking for a reasonable priced hotel near sea world that was in a nice area and also had breakfast. After 2days of searching, I read reviews on hotels.com and read that it was a great hotel. They were right! Great price, clean hotel and even had continental breakfast as well as a few hot items too! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience with our hotel! It is wonderful that you had such a positive stay. Thank you for your compliments to our property's location, breakfast, and price.

Please let me know when you plan on staying with us again so I can assist you with your reservations. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again!

CA
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here from 4/23/13 to 4/25/13 (2 nights) during our trip to Seaworld. Checkin was easy; front desk lady was friendly; even asked which floor I wanted to be in! Parking lot had lots of parking available when we checked in. At night, though, it seems that there were more residents than I had thought. Free parking, clean. We stayed on the 3rd floor, room 331, two double beds room. Thank goodness for the elevator! There’s only one, in the middle of the BW complex. Got a great deal online at an Advanced rate. Clean for the most part, but I noticed black footprints when my daughter got into the tub the first evening, from the carpet. Thus, we wore our flipflops to further avoid this. Free microwave & fridge, coffeemaker, iron. Didn’t try iron or microwave. Hairdryer wouldn’t turn on, but I didn’t need it. I did tell the Front desk about it, though, when we checked out. Shower was clean, water pressure wasn’t that strong, but doable; hot water stayed hot throughout. Towels were a little worn, but not too sandpaper-y. Wifi wasn't as strong as I would like (2 out of 3 bars). Had some trouble connecting with my iphone, but no prob with my laptop & ipad. Location is near a freeway, but we couldn't hear it from our room at all, very quiet. Only about a 5min drive to Seaworld! Pool looked clean, but didn't get to try it, not sure if it was heated though. Beds & pillows were comfy enough for the 3 of us.
Breakfast was deluxe continental: coffee, hot cocoa (my favorite!), various pastries, make your own waffles station, cereals, milk, juices, hard boiled eggs, bread with toaster avail, hot sausage/egg biscuit. Breakfast room was larger than I thought! That’s great coz several families were coming in early like us, at 7:15am. The breakfast attendant, JERRY, was very attentive to refill whatever needed to. We were ecstatic to learn that he was even born in GUAM, where we live (the 671)!! Thank you to JERRY, and a belated happy birthday to him, too, as he shares the same bday as my daughter, April 27!! An elderly gentleman, the Manager (I think), came out & met with everyone at their tables each day, to check if there was anything needed, and to ask where they were travelling from. Nice touch! Checkout was also just as easy for us. Highly recommended; would stay in again if I should need to in the future.

Room Tip: near elevator if staying on 3rd floor!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you hear you were happy with your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. Your comments could easily be our mantra: Clean, quiet, friendly and conveniently located.

I appreciate your compliments to our Front Office Supervisor, Leidy. She really is a gem at the front desk, and I am so glad you were happy with her service. I also appreciate your compliments to our Breakfast Room Attendant, Jerry and our General Manager, Paul. Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer service, and count on our fantastic team members to make your stay memorable.

I would like to apologize for the issue you had with the carpet. I have asked our Housekeeping Manager to place room 331 out of order so we can schedule a deep carpet cleaning. I have also asked our Maintenance team to check on the hair dryer and water pressure in the room. I am so sorry we were not able to correct those problems while you were here.

If you return to San Diego, please do not hesitate to contact me for any of your reservation needs. I can be reached at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review, and a very Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter!!

Seattle
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked my reservation through Hotwire, and was disappointed when I discovered this was the hotel we'd be staying at. Definitely more on the budget end then I'm used to. Overall the hotel wasn't bad - our room was clean, breakfast was plentiful, staff was nice. However, our room did have a musky odor to it, beds were very hard, I didn't like how the room doors open right to outside, and the pool was kinda small and located right in the middle of the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very happy to see that you were pleasantly surprised by our rooms, breakfast and staff. Though we do have an older property, we are very careful to maintain the rooms and grounds.

I apologize for the musty odor, and quality of the bed in the room. It would be wonderful to know your room number so I may ask maintenance to inspect the room and decide how best to correct the problems. If you get a moment, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss your stay in more detail.

Thank you again for your review.

Orange County
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The complimentary breakfast was awesome! We loved the pool as well. Everyone was friendly and the room was clean. The only drawback was that I was in a non-smoking room and in my bathroom, only in the morning, I could smell smoke for some reason.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
April 26, 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the kind review of your stay here. I'm so glad to hear you were happy with the room, breakfast, and staff. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay we aim to "wow" our guests, and intend to do that through our wonderful team members.

I am so sorry for the smoky smell in the bathroom. I would love to know which room number you were in so we may have the opportunity to correct the situation. If you have the time, it would be great to speak with you in order to improve future guests' experience.

When you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly for all of your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review.