“Clean hotel with friendly staff.”

Days Inn and Suites Sea World
Ranked #235 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We had no problems staying at this hotel. It was clean and the staff was great. It is close to downtown. The price is reasonable too.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn and Suites Sea World

Reviewed September 18, 2010

Upon arrival to the hotel the front desk clerk was not very personable but after a few minutes she seemed to warm up. I did not let that first impression make any sort of impact on me. I thought the hotel was clean, had everything we needed & most importantly the kids had fun in the pool. It is very centrally located for everything we needed. Close shopping and all freeway exits but everything you need is within walking distance. The added bonus of the hot breakfast was more than we could have asked for. I will not dispute that fact that there are some areas of the hotel that do need updating but I am certain that will come. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Room was cozy and pleasant, didn't give the wi-fi a try. None the less our needs were met. Fell asleep the instant I got to the bed :p

I recommend this Inn for those who seek a nice place to relax and sleep. Free HPO is always a WIN!! Also has a mini-refrigerator and micro-wave.

This place is really clean, so enjoy

-Pham

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
OperationsMgr, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Hello VuPham143,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Falling asleep the instant you got into your room’s bed is always a great sign of a fun-filled day, and we are glad you found our hotel a comfortable and pleasant one to come home to. We at the Days Inn & Suites near SeaWorld are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for recommending it to others for a clean and valuable property in San Diego. We would love to see you back with us again soon!
Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 4, 2010

The hotel was a great location for the MCRD San Diago Graduation and family day. THe shuttle service was free and also offered shuttle service to area attractions. The pool was great and heated. Breakfast was great as well. We traveled with family and a small child and had everything we needed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ethansmommy2008

Hello Ethansmommy2008,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We at the Days Inn & Suites near SeaWorld truly appreciate our military community and are thrilled that the MCRD families choose to stay with us during their son’s or daughter’s graduation. It is such a huge accomplishment for the graduate and their families and we couldn’t be happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The daily “hot” breakfast, the pool, and the complimentary shuttle are definitely amenities that are perfect for our guests, and we are so glad you were able to enjoy them. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at the Days Inn & Suites and was absolutely content with my stay. The room was clean, and the staff were wonderful. They were very attentive, and made me feel at home. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Hello mmoreno62,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. As a member of the Days Inn & Suites near SeaWorld team, I am happy to hear that you found your room to be clean, and more importantly, that our staff members were attentive and made you “feel at home.” It is so wonderful to hear that you were "more than satisfied." We are in the midst of renovating the property and hope that we get to see you again soon, so you can enjoy the new changes and improvements. Again, thank you for your review, and please come back and visit us at the Days Inn & Suites - San Diego SeaWorld again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Rooms need to be updated and carpets replaced. Sofa beds need new mattress. Breakfast is a joke. The entire hotel shows up and they try to cook the full breakfast. If you want to wait in a line for about 40 minutes and hope they have food when you get there. Was out of coffee, milk, juice. Front desk must not communciate to the cook staff about numbers of people. The breakfast room is not attended. Tables dirty and food all over the floor. Lots of young families with small children. Only good point was the staff in the laundry room was very pleasant with more towels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
sandiegogm, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

I was truly sorry to read your recent review of our hotel. I am happy to tell you that we are scheduled to complete our property renovation this fall, which includes the breakfast area and the last two floors of guest rooms in our "suite" building.

I realize with a sold out hotel quite often in the summer, it can be crazy during the peak breakfst hours, but I assure you the area is staffed with bussers as well as the cook staff. I am generally in the area myself weekdays to assit as needed and have a weekend manager to help cover Saturday and Sunday. I will be speaking with them and sharing your comments and concerns.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

this place sucks dont stay here if you have kids the room was disgusting the carpet was filthy the room smelled horrible the guy at the front desk oscar had a bad attitude he was un proffesional the room was very very noisy the parking was terrible homeless people all around what you see online is not what you get dont stay here this was the worst hotel we ever stayed at

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Wow! I would truly like to speak with you regarding your past stay. I am embarassed that you had such a unsatisfying visit. I randomly inspect 15 - 20 of our guest rooms every week and have not encountered anything remotely like what you briefly described. Please call the hotel and ask for Richard so I can further investigate this.

In regards to the homeless, we are making our concerns known with the city. In the 8+ months I have managed the hotel we have had no problems with the homeless. Unfortunatley with the mild year around weather beach cities such as San Diego experiance, such cities become a haven to"street people". The police department of San Diego keep a strong presence, our own security and hotel staff are aware and ready to assist should the need arise.

I am truly sorry yo left with such a bad impression. I appreciate you comments and hope to speak with directly at your convenience.