“Great Hotel from MCRD Graduation”

Days Inn and Suites Sea World
Ranked #235 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed September 4, 2010

The hotel was a great location for the MCRD San Diago Graduation and family day. THe shuttle service was free and also offered shuttle service to area attractions. The pool was great and heated. Breakfast was great as well. We traveled with family and a small child and had everything we needed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ethansmommy2008
OperationsMgr, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Hello Ethansmommy2008,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We at the Days Inn & Suites near SeaWorld truly appreciate our military community and are thrilled that the MCRD families choose to stay with us during their son’s or daughter’s graduation. It is such a huge accomplishment for the graduate and their families and we couldn’t be happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The daily “hot” breakfast, the pool, and the complimentary shuttle are definitely amenities that are perfect for our guests, and we are so glad you were able to enjoy them. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn and Suites Sea World

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at the Days Inn & Suites and was absolutely content with my stay. The room was clean, and the staff were wonderful. They were very attentive, and made me feel at home. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Hello mmoreno62,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. As a member of the Days Inn & Suites near SeaWorld team, I am happy to hear that you found your room to be clean, and more importantly, that our staff members were attentive and made you “feel at home.” It is so wonderful to hear that you were "more than satisfied." We are in the midst of renovating the property and hope that we get to see you again soon, so you can enjoy the new changes and improvements. Again, thank you for your review, and please come back and visit us at the Days Inn & Suites - San Diego SeaWorld again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Rooms need to be updated and carpets replaced. Sofa beds need new mattress. Breakfast is a joke. The entire hotel shows up and they try to cook the full breakfast. If you want to wait in a line for about 40 minutes and hope they have food when you get there. Was out of coffee, milk, juice. Front desk must not communciate to the cook staff about numbers of people. The breakfast room is not attended. Tables dirty and food all over the floor. Lots of young families with small children. Only good point was the staff in the laundry room was very pleasant with more towels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
sandiegogm, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

I was truly sorry to read your recent review of our hotel. I am happy to tell you that we are scheduled to complete our property renovation this fall, which includes the breakfast area and the last two floors of guest rooms in our "suite" building.

I realize with a sold out hotel quite often in the summer, it can be crazy during the peak breakfst hours, but I assure you the area is staffed with bussers as well as the cook staff. I am generally in the area myself weekdays to assit as needed and have a weekend manager to help cover Saturday and Sunday. I will be speaking with them and sharing your comments and concerns.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

this place sucks dont stay here if you have kids the room was disgusting the carpet was filthy the room smelled horrible the guy at the front desk oscar had a bad attitude he was un proffesional the room was very very noisy the parking was terrible homeless people all around what you see online is not what you get dont stay here this was the worst hotel we ever stayed at

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Wow! I would truly like to speak with you regarding your past stay. I am embarassed that you had such a unsatisfying visit. I randomly inspect 15 - 20 of our guest rooms every week and have not encountered anything remotely like what you briefly described. Please call the hotel and ask for Richard so I can further investigate this.

In regards to the homeless, we are making our concerns known with the city. In the 8+ months I have managed the hotel we have had no problems with the homeless. Unfortunatley with the mild year around weather beach cities such as San Diego experiance, such cities become a haven to"street people". The police department of San Diego keep a strong presence, our own security and hotel staff are aware and ready to assist should the need arise.

I am truly sorry yo left with such a bad impression. I appreciate you comments and hope to speak with directly at your convenience.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

This hotel was clean and quiet. It has a great breakfast. Its close to the attractions and reasonable priced.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
OperationsMgr, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

Hello sherrijan!
Thank you very much for your response. We are so happy to hear that you visited us all the way from The Netherlands. We at the Days Inn & Suites - San Diego SeaWorld/Airport really value our guests, and are glad that you found our complimentary breakfast, central location, and property comfortable, enjoyable, and an overall good value during your time in San Diego. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to provide us a review on Trip Advisor, and we hope to have the opportunity to host your stay again soon. Sincerely, Jenelle!

Reviewed June 24, 2010

First of all, let me start off by saying I have been a flight attendant for a major US airline for 20+ yrs. I say this because I feel I have a way higher "tolerance" than most people for sub-standard hotel rooms, and I have travelled ALL over and stayed in lots of questionable hotels. This hotel was BY FAR the worst one I have ever stayed in in my life. I was completely mortified when we walked in to the room. The pix online of this hotel made it look really nice, website boasted of a "full" free breakfast, suites, etc. The room was horrendous. We had to walk about a half a block behind the hotel and cross a street (w homeless people everywhere) to get to our room. Our room was very dirty, carpet was dirty, very bare bones furniture. The sink was literally RIGHT in the room with the bed. I was extrememly nervous that there wa bugs/cockroaches in room. I have never ever left a hotel and switched because I have been disappointed and let me tell you I was very close to leaving this hotel. The "free" breakfast was a complete JOKE: 1 type of cereal every day (corn flakes) No pastries or donuts, 1 type of eggs every day (scrambled) and pancakes only (I was told they had waffles when I called hotel when I was booking trip), 1 fruit every day only (very small oranges in a bowl), and only 1 type of instant oatmeal (plain), 1 type of juice every day (OJ), No toppings for oatmeal, no fresh fruit cut up, no variety in cereal, no bacon or sausage, no yogurt, etc. Everything was served on styrfoam plates w/ plastic utensils. I know I am coming off as sounding like a Prima Donna which I am not. But I have stayed at plenty of hotels that have had FREE continental breakfasts and they had so much more variety than this hotel. A couple times I had to go to the front desk at night after dark, and I was very nervous walking across street and through parking lot to the front desk area. I could tell even my kids were horrified at the room and the hotel. The pool area was very dirty (towels EVERYWHERE) and the pool itself was dirty. The laundry room was disgusting also. I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I have traveled to many places and stayed at a wide-variety of places. This is by far the worse place I have ever stayed at. Upon check-in we were told that our room was canceled. Upon explaining to the front desk person that we didn't cancel anything and that we had the reservation information, etc. we were still told, "Well you must have because we didn't do it." The front desk person was the rudest employee I have ever encountered in all my years of travel. After finally being able to speak to someone else, it was soon discovered that it was the hotels mistake. When we got to the room we found the carpet to be filthy; bedding to be nasty; laundry room to have rubbish everywhere; bathroom to be usable (but that's the extent of it); jacuzzi filled with bubbles; pool having to be cleaned because other hotel guests poured something in it; and a woman who appeared to be participating in "adult entertainment" in an upstairs bedroom. Not to mention it was in a shady part of the neighborhood with strip bars galore and we needed to be extra sure to lock everything and hide everything before leaving the room. If you have no standards, and just need a place to stay. This is it. But if you are staying with your family, choose another place. They have TONS to choose from in this area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family