“Home away from home”

Days Inn and Suites Sea World
Ranked #230 of 278 Hotels in San Diego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Temple Terrace, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Arrived at 9pm for airport pickup--please be aware that 10pm airport pickup stops and the Days Inn is not that close to the entrance of the airport. Also, they do not start airport service until 0630, which means that if you have an early flight you pay $17.00 to get to the airport--they called for my transport and the person didn't have a meter????
Upon arrival I had to go out the back door in the almost dark and go across through the parking lot to get to the elevator. All rooms have outdoor access. In the morning, I again had to go through the parking lot and there was security in the parking lot, but the lobby door from the parking lot was locked--guess they didn't feel secure in the lobby. Not exactly the environment that is desired for a single traveling female.
The breakfast was not available for early departures. Truly not a hotel that should be advertising airport pickup and airport in their name.
The lobby carpet was just plain nasty and stained.
The only positive about this hotel was the Wi-Fi.
The bathroom lights must be on a timer, because while I was in the shower they went off--scaring me to death plus putting me in the dark.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great price, location and customer service. The room was to have been smoke free, however, the smell of smoke was extremely strong. It was necessary to keep the patio door opened to attempt to air out the room.

• Stayed August 2013
Nicoleh79, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Greetings!

I hope and trust this message finds you well. Firstly, I would like to thank you for your review and for choosing our establishment as your place to stay in San Diego, Ca. We utilize tripadvisor as a platform to better our services to all of our valued guests, so thank you for your honest review. I do apologize for the experience you had at our hotel but am very pleased to hear that the team at the Days Inn & Suites made an impression on you.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. My information is listed below. Again, I do apologize for the bad experience you had with us.

"Our Promise as sure as the Sun"

Best Regards,

Nicole Hohenstein - General Manager
Days Inn & Suites Sea World San Diego
nicole@pacificahost.com (email)
619.224.9800 (phone)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed here two nights and our three adult young ones stayed an additional night.

Let me say that Joseph, Nancy and everyone there are the just the best. While on our vacation in SD and north we stayed at 5 different motels.

We never had better care ,a nicer breakfast, or cleaner accommodations than our stay here, and that includes compared to a modern upscale (high $$) hotel downtown. No surprise damage deposits, no weenie day old pastry breakfast, no sense of imposition if anything did come up.

If you want quality, have halfway reasonable expectations, and appreciate awesome value, this is the place.

And our ride to the airport was very pleasant.

Pancakes and eggs were cooked to order, fresh fruit ,muffins and yogurt were abundant and the coffee bar was contiguously stocked. Nice pool, adequate parking, access to great restaurants and all the Sea World area attractions.

Thanks again, on helping our winter bound getaway. We will definitely stay with you again

Room Tip: North side, upper floor, corner seemed quiet, spacious
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jamie S
Nicoleh79, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Greetings Jamie!

I hope and trust all is well with you and your family. Firstly, I would like to take the time to "thank you" for your kind words on your review about our staff, our hotel and your experience. I will make sure to inform our team of your experiences. I am sure Nancy and Joseph will be delighted to hear about the impression they have made with you. Here at the Days Inn & Suites we take pride in servicing all of our valued guests with quality service.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. My contact information is listed below.

"Our Promise as sure as the Sun..."

Best Regards,

Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Kings Inn San Diego
Kings Inn San Diego
#30 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Days Inn and Suites Sea World? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn and Suites Sea World

Property: Days Inn and Suites Sea World
Address: 3350 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92110-4228 (Formerly Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport)
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#30 Spa Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn and Suites Sea World 2*
Guests of Days Inn & Suites SeaWorld/Airport enjoy spacious, contemporary hotel rooms and suites that offer modern amenities today's traveler needs and expects while on the road. Take advantage of free high-speed Wi-Fi and and premium TV channels including HBO and ESPN. Enjoy daily complimentary continental breakfasts served each morning in our charming breakfast room, and relax in the heated pool and jacuzzi. Our San Diego hotel is located close to top attractions like the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park, plus we're the closest lodging to the US Marine Corps Recruit Depot. We look forward to welcoming you as one of our very special guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Days Inn and Suites Sea World reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport Hotel San Diego