I wouldn't have stayed here if I had read these reviews beforehand.
Apparently we were visiting during a military graduation because the hotel blocked out their free van service for most of the day. They wouldn't pick us up from the airport nor would they take us back when we needed. We spent around $100 is cab fares simply because of this. (we were turned down for rides to more than just the airport) They also don't run the van after 10pm so if you arrive after that, too bad.
When we first arrived, our door opened without inserting a key. The heater made a rather loud ticking noise when it turned off throughout the night. The employees didn't seem to care about our complaints and the management did not return my call regarding the failed shuttle services. I even watched an argument between a shuttle driver and the front desk attendant. Very unprofessional.
The room smelled bad and the equipment (TVs etc) were so old they were worthless. The beds were hard and the sheets not soft. It's a "you get what you pay for" scenario here for sure.
They did have a microwave and fridge in the room which was nice but did not re-supply the conditioner between nights of stay nor was there a lotion.
There was a free breakfast with stay. Scrambled eggs and pancakes were available as well as two types of cereal, apples and oranges, and a couple types of pastries. Apple and orange juice, coffee, and milk were the only drinks.
I would never choose to stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of Days Inn & Suites SeaWorld/Airport enjoy spacious, contemporary hotel rooms and suites that offer modern amenities today's traveler needs and expects while on the road. Take advantage of free high-speed Wi-Fi and and premium TV channels including HBO and ESPN. Enjoy daily complimentary continental breakfasts served each morning in our charming breakfast room, and relax in the heated pool and jacuzzi. Our San Diego hotel is located close to top attractions like the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park, plus we're the closest lodging to the US Marine Corps Recruit Depot. We are also a pet friendly property, happily accepting dogs (see restrictions). We look forward to welcoming you as one of our very special guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Days Inn and Suites Sea World reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites - Sea World/Airport
- Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Days Inn
- Days Inn San Diego