WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Days Inn and Suites San Diego Near Sea World

Days Inn and Suites San Diego Near Sea World
Ranked #224 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Sparks, Oklahoma
“very good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Flew in for MCRD graduation, called from airport for shuttle service which arrived very shortly. Rooms were very clean,well stocked with towels and other expected needs. On family day and graduation day shuttles are available to and from MCRD Base. The shuttle drivers were the absolute best with service as well as being friendly and helpful, went way beyond what was neccesary. Also provided service back to airport for departure . Very good breakfast available if wanted .Motel also has security guard who was always easy to spot and very friendly room and grounds staff . Front desk was not friendly but did thier jobs quite nicely. Would stay again if returning to that area,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Indonesian first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

After reading the previous review I was hoping that I didn't have interaction with Michelle. Upon calling to confirm my reservation from Philadelphia, Michelle answered and was most professional and efficient. I was expecting a nasty old lady, in person she was a sweet and helpful person. Keep up the good work Michelle. The hotel itself served its purpose for inexpensive, clean lodging close to the airport. Not sure that I'd want to spend an entire vacation at this location, but am returning there the night before I fly back home. Many stores and restaurants are in the area, so choices abound.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The front-desk was never helpful. The lady was rude I think her name was Michelle. When I called to get help on how to arrive to the hotel she only told me to get a cab. When I finally got there, (I took a bus from the airport. It wasn't hard) she sent me to the wrong room so obviously the key didn't work. I asked the maintenance people and they were rude and sent me to the front desk. I speak spanish so I understood what they were saying. RUDE. Another lady was in the front desk and she told me the right number of my room. She was a little bit nicer. The hotel offers shuttle to the main attractions. Nobody really told us that officially. When we asked for directions, the driver made it seem like he was doing us a favor. He told us that they could pick us up so we reserved a slot. The guy, his name was Chris, dropped us off in a place where they don't normally drop people off so when the next driver tried to pick us up, they couldn't find us. I called the front-desk and I explained where the previous driver had dropped us off. She failed to pass that information so after half hour and three calls later. I insisted that she needed to tell the driver exactly where we were and at the end she finally did so he finally found us. After that first day, everything else was fine. We got two other drivers, Sirilo and Dario. They were both nice especially Dario. He was awesome. Every time he drove us, he gave us a little tour of the places and told us interesting facts and tips of things to do. In general, the hotel is fine. Continental breakfast is fine. They charge $5 extra if you want eggs but nobody liked it. Location is good. There are some stores close. The shuttle thing is pretty cool if they actually tell you so if you use this hotel take advantage of that. The only bad thing is the people from the front desk. Drivers are ok though.

Room Tip: Use the shuttle to take you to the main attractions. Ask for Dario.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

On arrival we were disappointed with the outside appearance of the motel but our suite was spacious,clean and well appointed. the facilities around the motel were excellent as was the pool and the free breakfast and shuttle were unexpected pleasures. The staff on the front desk were all friendly and very helpful and all things being equal we would have used the Day's Inn again. However we had an extension to our check out time, had packed most of our belongings but left the unlocked cases in our room with the intention of putting the remainder in the cases after lunch. On arrival at our next hotel on our trip we discovered the loss of several items of personal clothing which we reported by telephone to the management of the Day's Inn. The manager assured us that she would arrange an audit of the key system to see if anyone had entered our room and would contact us the next day at our new hotel. She did not do this!!!. We can only assume that there is a thief working at this hotel as our room was secure at all times and the cases were locked and untampered with on the onward journey. Had management handled this incident as they said they would we would have given this motel a very good report. We will be reporting this matter to Day's Inn head office.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank john michael l
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was the second annual trip by members of the Alliance of Marine Corps Veterans to attend Graduation Ceremonies at MCRD in San Diego.

The rooms were clean, beds really nice!!!! I hate rock hard beds and this one was very comfortable. I actually got a good nights sleep and for me that's rare when we are on the road. The rates were very reasonable and this hotel offers a full breakfast prepared by staff cooks and served to you cafeteria style in one room and you eat in a separate dining room. This was by far the best breakfast at a hotel I have ever had and we travel a lot.

The location is very convenient to the beach, airport, Sea world, and MCRD.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Way to go folks! Good job!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Apache Junction, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a great room. We were close to the pool on the first floor(which was rather quiet) and we were also close to the breakfast room. The $5 upgraded breakfast was tons of food and the free breakfast was nice also. We would stay there again, it suited its purpose and it was fairly priced too considering it also includes a mini fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Went to San Diego to check out Sea World and the Zoo. Days inn was centrally located to both, so we tried it. I was not expecting much because of the price, but was delightfully surprised. The room set up was awesome. Waled in and there was a separate sitting area and bedroom separated with a wall and a door. The sitting area had a tv and pull out couch. Kids slept on the couch, wife and I in the King size bed.
Breakfast was decent. Do the $5 dollar upgrade and you get eggs, pancakes, french toast and hash browns.

Only down fall was the room needed updated. TVs were small old school CRTs that made the annoying buzzing sound.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family