We arrived before advertised check-in time, and were advised rooms not yet available and we should come back later. The receptionist wasn't particularly friendly or welcoming - more interested in chatting in Spanish with her colleague. We stayed put in reception area (too tired after long drive to consider leaving!), and miraculously within 5mins a room became available. It was on 2nd floor in the units across the road from reception. Room was very dark, and a little dingy because of it - as the window gives onto the public walkway, we couldn't leave curtains open for light. Bed was comfortable enough, but the basin in the bedroom was a bit odd.
We sat out by pool area, although wouldn't have been tempted into the pool, as it looked a little bit murky. The guest laundry area was functional if not particularly inviting. Breakfast provided in the 1st floor room was average, nothing special.
We had booked here for proximity to Sea World, which worked out well. We had considered leaving the car at the hotel and using their free shuttle - however the earliest run it did to S/W was 30mins after the park opened, which didn't feel very customer-service oriented. So we packed up and drove to S/W. This was an OK budget hotel, the least recommended of all those we stayed in over 2 week period.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of Days Inn & Suites SeaWorld/Airport enjoy spacious, contemporary hotel rooms and suites that offer modern amenities today's traveler needs and expects while on the road. Take advantage of free high-speed Wi-Fi and and premium TV channels including HBO and ESPN. Enjoy daily complimentary continental breakfasts served each morning in our charming breakfast room, and relax in the heated pool and jacuzzi. Our San Diego hotel is located close to top attractions like the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park, plus we're the closest lodging to the US Marine Corps Recruit Depot. We look forward to welcoming you as one of our very special guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn and Suites Sea World reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn & Suites - Sea World/Airport Hotel San Diego
- Days Inn And Suites - Sea World/Airport
- San Diego Days Inn
- Days Inn San Diego