New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn and Suites San Diego Near Sea World

Days Inn and Suites San Diego Near Sea World
Ranked #227 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Odense, Denmark
“Easy drive from airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Picked up a rental car and 5-minutes later we checked in at the hotel.
lots of parking,WIFI woked fine.
Had room 136rigjt by the swimmingpool,and it idnt bother us.
Airconunit was okay,not to load.
Fast food and propper restaurants within walking distance.
Pool is okay,
Breakfat fom 6 , Us style...

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Aaberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Orange County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I got my room on Priceline, and was appalled when I looked at the reviews. Even made plans to bail if it was awful once I got to San Diego and checked in. However, I asked for and received a room on the 3rd (top) floor, and was very pleased to also be assigned a room in the building just behind reception (NOT the building near the pool) and at the far end of the building as well. As a result, I had no problems with noise from other customers, could only hear the occasional door slamming. Lots of kids running up and down the walkways on each floor, but nowhere near by room, since I was at the very end of the building.

The furniture in the room looked on the new side, and the bathroom was also clean and in good condition. The carpet looked like it needed to be cleaned and restretched, but nothing horrible. AC worked great! Frig and microwave were fine, coffee maker was broken - good thing Starbuck's was across the street! Didn't take advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast or go to the pool, so no comments there. Location was very convenient to restaurants, grocery stores, Starbuck's, freeway access, etc.

Reception staff very friendly and helpful at check-in, less so at check out, but no problems.

I wouldn't book this hotel deliberately again, but it really was perfect for what I needed - a safe, clean, convenient place to sleep while in San Diego.

Room Tip: For quieter room - ask for top floor, away from elevator
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank B_M_Johnson
Nicoleh79, Manager at Days Inn and Suites San Diego Near Sea World, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
B_M_johnson,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I'm so sorry to hear about your broken coffee pot. I'm the new General Manger and I will be checking all the coffee pots. I hope you will be able to visit San Diego again and will think about staying with us. Please feel free to contact me if you will be needing a room again. Thanks!
Farmingdale, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My friend and I stayed here June 22nd-26th and we had a great time. We are two girls that were just looking to experience San Diego for the first time and this was a good place for us to rest our heads. The beds were comfortable, the staff was great. If there was any problems, they were there right away to assist. The room we stayed in smelled of cigarettes (mind you, we were in a non smoking room) and we were right by the elevator so it was kind of loud. All and all like the title says, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I would most likely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I picked this hotel because they Advertised free airport shuttle beginning at 6 am. Also called to confirm. When I checked in was told shuttle didn't start until 6:30 am. Too late for me. Was also told they would give me breakfast early on the phone when I checked again again said no. Told me the taxi they used to airport was $11 but taxi wanted $ 16 when I got to airport. Ac unit in room ancient. Poor choice for price. Never again

Room Tip: Don't stAy here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank demandingdivatexas

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Belfort, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We spent 2 nights in that hotel.

Positive Aspects: Well located, nice swimming pool, large parking

Negative Aspects: The Mexican lady at the front desk was agressive, not polite, not even answering when we were asking a question. She gave us a room under the standard we had paid for. Each time we were asking something we had an agressive answer (if answer was given) and very dark looking at us.
I think that people like her shouldn't work in commercial activity if they don't respect a minimum
customers.

The place does not look safe, I wouldn't advise it for families.

Regards,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Make sure to read the reviews in here. We showed up late on Wed night planning for a 2 night stay. We checked in and got to our room. When we opened the door we were blown away by the funky smell. The room was filthy, carpets stained, bathroom had pubic hair on the toilet and bath tub. Walls were dirty especially by the light switches. Our room was located right next to the pool where people were drinking, loud and pleanty of cuss words were coming out. This is definately not a family hotel, it's more like a crack hotel. We immediately packed it up and went back to the front desk and told them by no means are we staying here. The front desk acted like this wasn't the first time this had happened and refunded us with no problem. What ever you do, don't stay here!

• Stayed September 2012
Bathurst, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Not a bad stay, despite the problems the room had.

The good: nice big king bed, two TVs, plenty of space.
The bad: leaky air conditioner (still worked, but just wouldn't go below 78F), a couple of dead power outlets.

Breakfast is included, but basic, and the pool was tidy enough. Really convenient location if you're heading to SeaWorld, the Zoo or Little Italy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple