“Good room, Great location, Great Service, but very loud A/C unit”

Days Inn and Suites Sea World
Ranked #233 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were a little worried about this Hotel because of some of the negative reviews, but we gave it a try. We reserved thrue a 3rd party website and got a room for about $53 including continental breakfast. When we arrived we were checked in quickly and the girl at the front desk was really nice and helpful. We asked get a room far from the construction noise and we got room 101. The room was nice and clean, with TV, fridge, free wifi and Aircon. We were really tired so we went to bed right away. We were woken up but the super noisy A/C unit. we turned it off and we slept like babies... the beds were very comfortable. The temperarure outside was chilly so we really didn't need the Aircon. The breakfast was really good, cereal, toasts, bagels, pastries, tea or coffee and orange juice. There were many toaster so we didn't have any problems finding one that worked. You can also upgrade to a better breakfast with egg and bacon. Overall it was a really good experience for the price. REALLY GOOD VALUE! maybe try a different and hopefully the Aircon unit is not noisy.

Room Tip: Avoid room 101, noisy aircon unit!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anettebc

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I took a trip to San Diego Ca for my sons graduation from Marine Corp Boot Camp. The staff was very helpful and took us wherever we wanted to go. The place was clean, the food was plentiful. I would recommend this place for the person looking for something close to MCRD, Sea World and the Airport. There were plenty of restaurants close by. I would definetly stay there again if I had the chance.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the pool and breakfast area would probably be better for familys.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Lonnette B
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was travelling as part of a tour group for 18-35's. This is a budget accomodation that was clean and comfortable. The rooms had effective air conditioning, a large fridge, coffee making facilities and a small outdoor swimming pool. It was nice to have to have the option of a dip after a busy day exploring!
There were food shops within walking distance and a garage nearby.
Beds were remade daily and the linen was changed. It was no luxury but perfectly fine as a base for exploring just for a few days.
Personally, I was disappointed in breakfast. The toasters didn't work and the fruit was more than ripe. If I were to visit again I would sort out my own breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank travellintitch
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My granddaughter and I booked this hotel as it was close to Seaworld.
In all my travels I have never stayed in such a dive! I put a chair against
the door, as I was afraid for our safety. I cannot believe they recommend
this as one of the places to stay by Seaworld. We moved across the
way to the Comfort Inn and it was a hundred times better for the same
cost!

Room Tip: Filthy bedding! Afraid to sleep in bed or walk barefoot on carpeting!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Munchdog
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We chose this hotel for the final few days of our trip, looking for something roomy enough for 4, affordable, and with parking and breakfast. The king suite room was a bit type for 4, but certainly acceptable; The price was definitely right; The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but plentiful and acceptable; And the parking is incredibly tight, but there were enough spots that you didn't need to struggle to fit into some wacky space.

Unfortunately there was construction right next door, that woke us up at abt 7:30 am. But we asked to have our room changed and that made it much more bearable.

Two more plusses; The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. And the pool was nice; and generally uncrowded.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the construction
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KWKSUBS
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I have stayed there a few times. The beds are outstanding, clean and comfortable. The breakfast is wonderful with a cook for some fresh cooked choices. I will return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank UncleStevie
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I booked this hotel with the fact I was paying a budget price,I did do my research and knew it had mixed reviews but more positive than negative.

So, with that knowledge in mind, I was prepared for basic, no frills.

Loved the proximity to Seaworld and Mission Bay, the Zoo etc - my main priority. Free parking and internet also a plus.

Free breakfast...interesting arrangement in a separate building across the street - kind of a free for all with broken toasters, tired looking fruit and basic bagels...but hey it was included in the price. What isn't is the hot breakfast - yours for additional $5 per person. Kinda missed that in the booking process...hmmm.

The room though tidy and with newish bathroom and sink fittings, had a carpet I didn't dare walk on barefoot. Enough said.

Details which were just annoying and unnecessary:

Two shampoos and no conditioner.

Missing drawer in the coffee machine for the coffee filter pouch. When I called front desk, they seemed to have prescience on the subject and answered me before I got the word coffee out of my mouth. Apparently this was 'a new thing they're trying'. What? To bamboozle the guest for a simple cup of coffee? Why? I guess if I'd opened the coffee first and saw it was a bag like a tea bag instead of a pouch I'd have worked out that the machine was being 'McGyvered' to fit bags instead of pouches...of course!. Bizarre.

So lesson learnt - overall I got what I paid for and little extra for my trouble.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family