“some nice, some bad....”

Days Inn and Suites Sea World
Ranked #240 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed October 18, 2007

I spent night on Oct 14, sunday. it was cold weather...

I haven't go to other hotels or inns in San Diego...
so I can't compare... but ...

I know that hotels in San Diego is very high.
but Days Inn suite was little bit lower than others.

so I don't want to complain this Inn for Price.

I just want to write quality of this Days Inn.

(pro)
good location
low price for (suite).
free breakfast (not great, but better than nothing^^just basics)
toast,egg,hotcakes,muffin,creal,coffee,apple,orange
I saw people swimming so I asummed pool was warm.

(bad)
old furniture.
noise from car street (keep close window helped)
terrible view from balcony(but better than nothing)
bath tub ( ok for shower, don't want to take bath...dirty...)

Days Inn suite makes me feel cheap person... Suite doesn't help me at all. Just gave me little more space.
just for night sleep is ok.

I'm not sure for recommandation Days Inn,
people who looking for just sleep at low price,
please, check dolpin motel. It is much smaller than Days Inn.
But I,m sure dolpin motel is much cleaner...and lower price.
I haven't go there...but sounds ok to me.

I will try dolpin motel next time. or other expensive hotel if I can.
I don't think I will go back to Days Inn.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed October 9, 2007

I booked this hotel thru [--]. I got it for much cheaper than any what any other website was offering it for. Other sites offered it for 189, i got it for 139. And plus I reserved the Suite. I was looking forward to experience this hotel. My previous stays have been at the Hampton Inn in Las Vegas & San Francisco and they were both wonderful stays there, plus their continental breakfast is wonderful. I expected the same here. This place was horrible. In the front dest they made me sign a form stating that if we smoked we would be fined 300 dollars. When we arrive the the room, it stank of cigarretes!! The courtain had a cigar hole burned on to it. There were ash trays everywhere! Why would they make me sign that agreement then? The bathroom/shower was so tiny and the sink was outside. The beds could of been more comfortable. I expected more for being a suite. They consider it a suite because there is an extra wall and couch. They didn't even have soap in the room. I had to go down and ask for hand soap. And the CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST was horrible. They gave me two little pieces of paper and it said I can only choose from two options. The options were: Eggs, Pancakes, Muffin, and I forgot the other one. So I go downstairs expecting the Continental Breakfast buffet I've been to with other hotels, but this was not even close. It a small kitchen/Cafeteria and there was this line coming out the door. Only one lady making the breakfast. Besides her was a table with machines to disperse Orange Juice, Milk and Cereal.So waiting 15 minutes in a line that doesn't move I decided to just get some Orange Juice. I pushed the button, pure water came out. They were out of juice and no one came to refill it. So then I opted for cereal they had on that same table. The options were Fruit Loops and Total. They were out of Fruit Loops. I just decided to leave. It was horrible. We went out to a restaurant for breakfast instead and enjoyed our breakfast. Never again will I stay in a Days Inn. You want a nice hotel with comfortable beds. Nice decor, White sheets and white fluffy comforter, All you can eat continental breakfast. Stay at the Hampton Inn!!

Reviewed September 14, 2007

From the outside it doesn't look like much and the lobby does not look like the photo? But the room was great. We had a balcony (not a great view) but the having the patio door open at night provided some great fresh air. We were also very impressed with the hot eggs and pancakes. This was much better than the standard danish, coffee, juice and mealy apples at most hotels. Beds were extremely comfortable. Would stay here again. Yes there are some seedy joints around the area, but did not see or hear any police cars or problems at night. Slept with the windows open and very quiet considering a light sleeper is writing this.

1  Thank Quiet_comfortable
Reviewed September 11, 2007

This place was old, the parking a joke (I'm just happy my car didn't get broken into overnight) and breakfast just barely edible. Other than that, you get what you pay for if you get a $75 a night rate like we did. We were there for 2 nights to see friends graduate from the Corps. One of our friends was charged $125 for the same room. They seem to up the rates near graduation time. The shuttle's are old and run down and only seat 9. Waits at the base and hotel were up to 1 hr.. The neighborhood's full of strip clubs and bars but close to the base.

Time for a complete renovation!

PS: Somebody may want to complain to San Diego PD about all the bums camping on the street and sidewalk between the hotel's buildings.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank zmanis
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We found this hotel quite nice. We were only there for a two night stay but the room was clean and bright and the air conditioning was great. You can hear people next door which didn't really worry us. Also, you can hear the planes occasionally. The free wireless internet in the room is nice. The breakfast is OK but nothing to write home about. The hotel isn't in the best area but it is centrally located and easy to get to anywhere you need to go. The staff isn't overly friendly but when there was a problem with the TV cable, they were quick to get notes out to all guests letting them know that the matter was being attended to.

Next door is the Tio Carlos Mexican Restaurant. It is nothing much to look at from the outside but inside is lovely and the food is brilliant. Remember to bring your appetite. Also, make sure you have a map before you go anywhere. Sites like San Diego Zoo are not well marked.

1  Thank fluffybundles
Reviewed August 16, 2007

After Staying at a different Hotel and not liking it. When i found this with its great Rate i took it. I liked the room they had more room to move around. The bathroom was abit tiny (get in, get out). The Sink for the bathroom was outside so was the light switch. They have about 25inch TV's.
The Ac in the room does actually work. Keeps the room really nice and chilly. This location is actually close to all the attractions and beaches. That was a big plus.
FYI: They don't have WiFi but some place near by did so picked up the signal and it was strong.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank djfred
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Finding accomodation in San Diego was difficult for a family with two teenagers so when we chose the Days Inn Suites it was because of the two room layout. The rooms were a little tired but fairly clean....some unidentifiable stains on the bedsheets made the girl a little squeamish. The maintenance staff were friendly, the front desk - not so much. The biggest drawback to the arrangement was the breakfast provided. You were allowed two items from the hot breakfast selection ie: two pancakes or two muffins or one pancake and one muffin. There was cold cereal and some apples/oranges but, definitely no other healthy choices. No Yogurt, or other fruits available. Reminded me of the Dan Akroyd movie where the aliens ate "starch disks". Locationwise...we were close to anything that we wanted to get to. In summary, its no 10 but it's not a fail either.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family