“Consistency is a good thing!”

Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley
Ranked #162 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Consistency is a good thing!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I like staying at Marriott Courtyard! I've stayed at this chain in Alexandria, VA, Detroit, and North Carolina. The consistency is comforting when I'm traveling a lot. While the service hasn't been consistent, everything else has been. Here, service was excellent! The layout of the rooms is convenient, beds are comfy, I like the desk for doing a little work in my room. At this Marriott, the food was pretty good. I had a fried egg and bacon sandwish with avocado that was so tasty. Thanks for being my home away from home!

Room Tip: Shuttle service picked me up from my office each day! I really appreciated that.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Daiseymae66,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel.

I'm thrilled to hear that we met your expectations in what you've come to expect from your other stays at Courtyard hotels.

I look forward to sharing the comments with our staff at our next daily meeting.

If there is anything else I can personally assist you with for future reservations at our hotel, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Charlie Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here for two nights to attend a nearby wedding. The hotel was attractive and had a friendly staff. The room was a good size and having a separate room for the bed in the larger room was a nice touch. Windows in all rooms are double sets so you can get a silent night's sleep.

Room Tip: Get the suite. It's usually $25-$50 more per night but gives you two rooms. One for sleeping and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Rick H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel while attending a wedding in the area.

I'm thrilled to hear that our hotel and it's staff exceeded your expectations and you were able to have both a productive and relaxing stay with us.

I look forward to sharing your comments with the team and if there is anything I can personally assist you with for future reservations when traveling back to San Diego, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a decent hotel. We came here to visit the Del Mar Fair, it was very close and had no issues with traffic. The room was clean and spacious and even had a patio. There isn't much within walking distance as it seems to be in the middle of a business area, but we had a car so that wasn't an issue for us. There is a cute little outdoor area near the pool with couches and a fire pit. The pool was in use each time I looked with families. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello AllisonCA,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel.

I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire team and appreciate your valuable feedback about the location of our hotel.

If there is anything I can personally assist you with for future reservations at our hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I had a great experience! The front desk staff was exceptional. I had a package delivered via FedEx and they went above and beyond to make sure I got it. Good location for offices in Mira Mesa and easy access to La Jolla. They had plenty of parking even on a sold out night. Even being sold out, they still gave me a late checkout. They delivered beyond my expectations!

Stayed June 2014
Hello JoshCory,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel, the Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Mesa. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us to ensure we are meeting and exceeding our guests.

From your comments, it appears that we exceeded your expectations from the level of service our Front Desk staff provided. I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire team here!

If there is anything I can personally assist you with in regards to future stays at our hotel when traveling to the San Diego area, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed for business over the past weekend. The room was spotless and appeared to have been recently renovated. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful recommended nearby restaurants. The hotel is in a business area but there was a fun microbrewery across the street that we would not have found if they had not recommended it. Great food and great beer in a relaxing atmosphere. For the price, I would definitely stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hello lyndakos,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us at the Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Mesa. You feedback is extremely valuable to us.

I'm thrilled to hear that our hotel and staff met and exceeded your expectations and were able to recommend the wonderful Karl Strauss brewery located across the street from us.

Your feedback will be shared with the entire team at our next daily meeting and we all look forward to your return trip to our hotel.

If there is anything I can do personally to assist you with future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

A wow in service. We did stay for just one night. Service was great since registration to check out. They made sure we had everything we need and assure a great experience while in La Jolla. Christine at the lobby went further suggesting ud restaurants and even making reservations and making sure we had a fabulous time.

• Stayed June 2014
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Fpaillie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review about your stay at the Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Mesa.

I'm thrilled to hear that you thought our hotel had amazing service and went above and beyond to ensure your short stay with us was a great one. Thank you for mentioning Christine as one of those employees that stood out and she will be recognized when we share your comments with the entire staff.

The team hear looks forward to your return visit to our hotel and if I can ever be of any assistance for future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Michigan
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This Courtyard hotel was not a bad place to stay. I ended up staying here as I had a certificate from Marriott to use and this was the nearest hotel to San Diego International Airport without going into Mexico. I arrived late due to my flight and obtaining a rental car. When I arrived, the man who served me was excellent and even recommended a good place to eat at a late hour. He also helped me get toothpaste as I could not carry any on the flight. The room was clean and the bed was great to sleep on as I fell asleep within 2 minutes of my head laying on the pillow. Since I had to leave early in the morning, I did not try out anything else, which I rated as I did. Overall, I had a very positive experience in comparison to past Courtyard experiences throughout the chain.

Room Tip: Don't arrive here at a late hour, otherwise, the parking near the hotel entrances is limited.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MichiganTonyabbott
Dear MichiganTonyabbott,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Mesa. Your feedback is extremely important to us.

I'm thrilled to hear that we met your expectations during your stay and from past experiences at previous Courtyard hotels.

I look forward to sharing your comments about the staff service and overall amenities with the team.

If I can ever be of further assistance for future reservations at our hotel, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally.

We look forward to your return trip to our hotel when visiting the San Diego area.