Quality Suites San Diego SeaWorld Area
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$181
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$262
$169
$662
$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$219
$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$213
$159
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsparking feeking suitebreakfast roomhot tubsitting areayogurtlarge bathroomhousekeeping staffbalboa parkdecent hotelflat screenconvenient locationfreewaybunkbedsmicrowaveseaworldsofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is old and needs an upgrade. I have stayed at this hotel couple of times on business. It's conveniently located from the convention center.........just outside the hustle and bustle of the city.

the rooms are old and musty. furniture can use an update.

there are enough places around to eat. the breakfast area was clean. had to pay separately for parking and the parking area was crammed and narrow.

• Stayed: March 2013
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Quality Suites San Diego SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking your valuable time to provide us your comments on your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and choosing to stay with us. We are glad you like our convenient location close to downtown, attractions, shopping, and restaurants; you also have the choice to enjoy our extensive free breakfast buffet, or choose from many fine dining establishments nearby. Having stayed with us a few times, I hope you have noticed the upgrades that we done; that includes, new high definition televisions, carpet, our new fitness center and business center this are just to name a few; many more upgrades are to come within the next six months. Our property like those that surround us do have a parking charge, however we feel that we can more than make up for that by offering great room rates, outstanding staff, great location, and free breakfast, among many others. We are certain if you continue staying with us you will be able to see the changes for yourself. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to continue to earn your patronage in the future

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at this motel for 1 night with my daughter. The location was good and easy to find. We did not have a problem getting to Sea World, it was a quick trip.

The hotel does need to be updated. We had a suite with a separate living room, and a refrigerator and microwave, which was very nice. However, the living room furniture was very old and worn. The room was clean but given the conditions, I can't say that it looked nice. The beds were comfortable and everything in the room was working so it was fine for 1 night. I would not really recommend staying for an extended period of time.

No problems with the desk staff. Everyone was pleasant but the maids continued to knock on my door until I checked out, which was very annoying.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We very much appreciate your comments about your stay with us last month and that you were able to enjoy nearby Sea World with your daughter. Even though I have been to Sea World many times myself, I am fascinated each time I get the chance to go. Our guests do seem to like that we are located very close to all the major San Diego attractions and just a short drive to downtown. It is also nice to hear that you liked our suites with separate bedroom and living room, and our mattresses. We apologize that you found that some of the room fixtures did not meet your expectations, but we do want you to know that we are in the middle of a project to upgrade our room furniture. I apologize if you had a room that was not up to our usual standards. The new furniture will takes up less space, giving even more room for our guests. We are excited about completing all the rooms because combined with our new high definition televisions, new linens, carpet, and our breakfast buffet, we feel our guests will have even more reasons to stay with us. I do appreciate that you mentioned you liked or front desk staff as they work tirelessly to ensure guest satisfaction. Our housekeeping staff works just as hard at this, but I have reminded them to just make one attempt for service if guests have not displayed the do not disturb sign. We sincerely hope you consider staying with us again on your next visit to San Diego and are able to see for yourself all the great changes we are making here at Comfort Suites Mission Valley!

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room on the phone at 3:30pm at comfort suites on camino del rio in san diego. We arrived at the hotel at approx 4:00pm and checked into our room. As soon as we walked into the room we smelled a strong odor. My husband immediately went to the front desk to complain. The front desk clerk informed him the manager was in a meeting but would send housekeeping to spray the room with deodorizer. When he returned to the room we called the front desk again to tell her it smelled like sweat or body odor. She said to wait and she would call us back. She was not calling so we went back to lobby. She stated the manager was still in a meeting. We waited in lobby till manager came out. It was approx 4:30 at this time. Immediately the manager said since we had been in the room for 30 min she would still have to charge us cleaning fee plus a full night stay since the 24 hr cancelation was expired. She went to the room with us and said that the smell was the deodorizing spray used by housekeeping. She insisted it did not smell otherwise. Upon our return to the lobby another customer was complaining about the same problem In her room. The manager refused to help either of us and said we were still being charged whether we stayed or not. I have two children and was not going to stay in that hotel with that smell. The mgr said we should have waited outside if we didnt like the room and that she was not in a meeting like the clerk said so it was our fault for being charged since we did not leave the room. I would like a full refund for this room I did not stay in and for yhe bad customer service we received

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank lvjojola
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Quality Suites San Diego SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

We appreciate very much that you took the time to provide us your comments. I apologize if you did not understand that the rate you booked also required you to cancel 24 hours or more before you arrived, or one day is charged. At check in, you indicated to our front desk agent that you wished to cancel your reservation in order to say at a different hotel. When our agent explained the cancellation policy, you decided to check in. I personally value the safety and comfort of our guests and certainly would not have allowed you or any guest to occupy a room that had a problem. I accompanied you to all the rooms we offered you and there were no observable problems. The other customer you mentioned concerned a different issue and had nothing at all to do with the problem you described. Unfortunately our hotel (and all others) are not able to modify the cancellation policy for these extremely low rates and caution travelers to make sure they plan to either check in or cancel 24 hours or more before arrival. We wish you had chosen to stay with us because we feel you would have seen that our property in Mission Valley is genuinely focused on providing our guests with the best in service, quality, and value. I hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I will preface this by saying I am generally very easy going and optimistic with regards to hotels, and attempt to find the good rather than the bad. My stay at this location, however, made that extremely difficult.

I stayed here mid-late June 2013 with my parents for a night. The accommodations were alright. We did have a room that was very quiet, however, it was very small. It's pretty clear at this hotel they've taken normal-sized hotel rooms and put up dividers in order to call them suites. When we set up the pull-out bed, it actually became impossible to walk into the room as there was nowhere to put the coffee table except the entrance.

What bothered me greatly here is the staff. In the morning my mother and I went down for breakfast around 9. There was absolutely no milk. Another woman asked a lady working if they could get more milk out; the employee said no. I had already poured cereal and ate it dry, but I actually saw some children throwing away their bowls of cereal because there was no milk to put on it.

Later, when we were returning from breakfast, we saw a woman asking a maid for more towels- the maid seemed to have no understanding of English, and asked for Spanish. In the hospitality and service industries, an employee should always be able to competently speak the main language of the country they are in. This hotel however does not seem concerned with how well their staff can communicate with their guests.

What disturbs me most is the way the hotel manager treats her guests. Her concern is clearly saving face and attracting new customers, rather than keeping and treating well those she already has. My father, several days ago, posted a review on the breakfast being closed early. The hotel manager never contacted us, despite my father trying to contact her. Instead, she replied on TripAdvisor with an outright lie. My mother and I were present at the time, as well as several other families. The manager claims he arrived after the closing time, and that there were no other guests- the time was around 9:30, and when my mother and I left, well after 9:30, there were still many people. From this incident as well as other responses I've seen on TripAdvisor, it seems to me the hotel manager would rather make excuses, and almost blame her guests, rather than rectifying situations.

Overall, the facility itself is decent. But the staff appear to be incompetent, and the hotel manager seems entirely unconcerned with customer service. Stay here only if little to nothing bothers you, as if anything at all goes wrong, you'll get nothing more than excuses on TripAdvisor.

1  Thank silversky333

I very much appreciate you taking the time to provide us your comments about your stay with us. We do apologize if our breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations. We have continually refined our serving procedures and times to accommodate our guests while providing the best service and food quality we can. Our staff serves 500 plus guests and families in a 3 hour period each day, which is more than many restaurants. While our process allows for this volume, occasional problems sometimes occur.
Our staff is extremely focused on assisting our guests and receives numerous compliments. Most do understand English, and a few understand basic questions and answers but know they can always ask another staff member to assist if needed.

I truly enjoy taking care of all of our guests and use personal interactions and comments as a learning tool to continually improving our service and operations. I feel I would be cheating myself and our property if I did not take them seriously. I do wish I had the opportunity to speak with you in person when you were here, and I am sorry that I was unavailable.
Again, I thank you for your comments and I sincerely hope that you and your family consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We rented a 2-room suite for 5 days. Sadly, we expected more from Comfort Suites. This is the third hotel I’ve stayed in this month, where I’ve needed to provide the hotel with a list of maintenance items. It took Comfort Suites Mission Valley SeaWorld two days to clear a list of four items. Most disappointing was two days to repair the deadbolt lock. The two-room suites have two TVs, yet the hotel policy is to provide one remote. I found this policy absurd. The rooms are kept very clean. The WiFi always had a strong signal. The breakfast is fantastic and the staff does an excellent job of keeping the food refreshed. The front desk staff is very friendly. Like most hotels in the area, you will be charged extra for parking, here it is $8.00/day. The cable TV selection at this hotel is about the worst you can find at any hotel – we’ve even had better channel selections at casino hotels. This hotel is beginning to show its age. A little upkeep would make the place more inviting. The first towel I picked up was frayed with strings at least 6 in long. The shower curtain barely fit into tub and was frayed. The wallpaper was discolored, stained, and curling up at the seams in the bathroom. The mattress for the king size bed was sagging. There were five pillows, but they were so small and flat that they did not provide any support. We’ve previously stayed at the Comfort Inn on Hotel Circle and it was a far better choice that this Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: If you have a room near the pool, expect to hear kids playing and screaming until 10 or after.
1  Thank Debra K
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Quality Suites San Diego SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. As you noted, our property is focused on cleanliness and customer service and while we try to ensure everything is always perfect, we occasionally miss some things. We are glad you pointed these items out to us for us to correct. We recently added to our engineering and maintenance staff in order to have more attention to preventative maintenance. We apologize about the delay in repairing your deadbolt lock. Our breakfast staff appreciates your comments about their service and quality, as they are committed to offering a daily variety of foods as well as ensuring everything on the free buffet is stocked and fresh. We are also glad you found our front desk staff accommodating and outgoing. We are in the process of upgrading the linen and the furniture in the room; this will enhance our guest experience. As you mentioned, most of the surrounding hotels do have a parking charge, however we feel we more than make up for this fee by being able to offer great rates, outstanding service, free breakfast buffet, and a location central to everything.