“One overnight”

Quality Suites Mission Valley SeaWorld Area
Ranked #170 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed just one overnight at the Comfort Suites. The night receptionist was very friendly and very accomodating, even though he was in training for the job. A very good value for money spent, room with a decent size batroom, king size bed, large fridge, complimentary Internet connection. I definately reccomend the place when you travel with business

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Quality Suites Mission Valley SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you very much for you comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our staff helpful and professional, and that you liked our accommodations. Many of our business travelers enjoy the complimentary Wi-Fi Internet, HD televisions, refrigerators and microwaves, as well as our expansive and ever-changing free breakfast buffet. I hope you also noticed how close we are to downtown and all the other business locations too, and most importantly that we do provide excellent value for your travel dollars. I look forward to you staying with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Quality Suites Mission Valley SeaWorld Area

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I had not stayed at this property before - but will definitely return on our next trip. We stayed 2 nights and, now knowing its excellent location, would use it as a "hub" for a much longer stay. Everything is reasonably close by - given city size and traffic flow.
Check In was smooth and courteous. Staff were very helpful throughout our stay.
Our room was very clean and well equipped - although there was no t.v. station guide to help one choose channels (but we weren't there to watch t.v. anyway!).
The design of the building lends itself to a beaufiful inner courtyard with pool.
The Business Center was well equipped with speedy computers.
Parking was an "extra" - which caught us off guard at Check In but wasn't an issue as to whether or not to stay.
Great location ! High recommend travellers stay here. Excellent restaurants within easy drive.
One aspect at this property that needs attention - the clanking elevator that, initially, might give on "second thoughts" about riding in it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor close to the front of the hotel - a nice, quiet location.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Don W

I am pleased that you greatly enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Indeed, you observed that we not only are very conveniently located close to downtown and all the attractions but also very close to mall shopping with numerous great restaurants. It is nice to know you also enjoyed our grounds and courtyard areas surrounding the pool. Our staff puts a great deal of effort into maintaining these areas and we recently completed some new plantings of wonderful flowers and trees. We do have two elevators on the property and one sometimes does have a noise, but is certainly safe, however this is on schedule to be upgraded. All the hotels in our immediate area charge for parking however we more than make up for that with our attractive rates, free breakfast buffet and superb location. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a great time. the bunk bed suite was oerfect for our small family of 3. The hotel was close to everything we did. (Sea world, beach, shopping). We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

So many families that stay with us at Comfort Suites Mission Valley just LOVE our suites with bunk beds for the children. The kids feel like they have their very own room even though it is separated from the parents by sliding French doors. I am glad you noticed how convenient our location is to everything and I do hope you and your family were able to enjoy or free breakfast buffet and had time to use or swimming pool. I look forward to you and your family staying with us again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a decent property, a bit of the ways from SAN Airport and the other attractions.

The hotel staff was polite and nice. The rooms are great. The layout of the hotel is a bit of a "U" shape, so there is a walk if you are located on the farside of the hotel. Also, this hotel has outdoor corridors and some "inside" but they retain the outdoor feel due to the doors being open consistently.

The rooms are nice, but the A/C unit is located in the living room area which is at the back of the room. The rooms have a circulator fan in the wall above the bed to draw in the A/C cool or heat from the other room, which can be bothersome.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeremy M
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Quality Suites Mission Valley SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you so much for staying in our hotel while traveling to San Diego. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers to describe our beautiful property. I am very fortunate that I have found team members that love taking care of our guests as you can tell by the smiles on their faces when they see you. The hotel does have an unusual setup. Our corporate travelers love the indoor corridors and our families love the outdoor corridors, especially during the summer. I was walking through the hotel today and I was looking at the landscaping from the third floor and it was so beautiful as we welcome our spring. You can see every thing begin to bloom!

I hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again in the future on your next visit to San Diego and you will find our new upgrades in our continuing effort to increase the quality of accommodations and services. Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am traveling for business and this hotel fits my minimum four requirements: wifi that works, microwave and refrigerator, and an exercise room that is usable. Meets them well. The parking is extra, nut when rolled into the total price it is average to a little less than average on cost. There are plenty of place to eat nearby also. The walls do seem to be a little thin, I could plainly hear conversations from two rooms adjacent to me. In the early morning 4 am, it sounded like several hundred gallons of water were moving through the piping. Other than thatnthe hotel is acceptable versus cost.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Don B

Dear Don,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your business accommodations. I love to hear from our corporate travelers as we strive to make you feel at home while you stay with us. I understand that the quality of accommodations and amenities are very important. At the same time, affordability comes in handy. I, too, do business travel and I know how nice it is when you find a hotel that treats you well. You are able to conduct your business while enjoying your stay. As you know, we do offer special corporate rates with great value, yet we can till offer the quality of the amenities. As a business traveler, I would love to hear from you. I hope that you will share your experience with other business travelers and please know that your business is very much appreciated. I look forward to seeing you back to our hotel. I wish you a successful year!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms are Nice, Staff -- Friendly, Heated Pool -- Nice

TV Channels -- No CNN , No Lakers = No Good

Let your customers choose what they want to watch not a group of corporate geniuses.

a suggestion from a Diamond Member

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nick V

Dear NicSrt8,

I do remember the night when the game was going on and I am sorry about that. Our cable company decided to do an upgrade right in the middle of that game. Recently, we changed televisions and we added HD channels as one of our amenities. Each individual TV needed to be programmed with all the new channels. If I could ask of a favor and email me the reservation name or the room your were staying in, I will personally review the programming of that television to make sure that CNN was also included in there. Although we have a limited number of HD channels, CNN is one of the selections. It sounds like you did enjoy the rooms and our friendly staff. Our pool area right now is so beautiful with our wonderful spring weather. Everything is so green as the flowers are beginning to bloom. Please do keep us in mind on your next visit to San Diego.

I wish the Lakers a successful season!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

i stayed there in april 2012, i had my daughter 10Years pick it out, she said some friends loved it. well Loved it we did. I have a family of 4 than we asked my mom to go with us. The room we recieved was on the 2nd floor, it was clean, smelled good and big, we each got privacy that we wanted. The location was close to the other attractions around there. We decided to check out the breakfast they offer, they didnt let us down. the room was big, and lots to choose from, the fresh fruit, cereal, to different types of breads and meats, when there was a mess it was cleaned up fast, when food was going low it was replaced with hot food. The pool and hot tub was awesome. I loved the locked doors before you go to your room. The laundry was small but we did ours late at night so it wasnt busy, we also were gone for 12 days, if a small trip laundry wouldnt be a problem. When I do go back to california i am going to book my vacation here and always. I LOVED that place very much. The staff were friendly even when we asked questions over and the wifi great.

Room Tip: first time at hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank christyholm

Dear Christy,

One of my greatest joys working in the hospitality business is seeing the smiles we bring to you and all of the other families while on vacation. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. We take pride in the accommodations that we offer as well as the options that we offer to our guests. I am constantly looking for something new to bring into our breakfast room to make our hotel is unique from others. Although the breakfast is free, I assure you that I spare no expense on the quality of the items that we serve. I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy the pool, hot tub, and our beautiful courtyard. I also do get many positive comments about how the guests enjoy the French doors dividing both rooms. I look forward to your next visit with us! As you will see, many new upgrades will be here to welcome you.

I wish you a wonderful summer and lots of joy to you and your family.