Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town
$209
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $319/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$209
$188
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $305/night.

Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$311
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$200
$183
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$232
$195
$229
  • Beachfront
$326
$249
  • Pool
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$207
$202
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$292
$229
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $280/night.

$219
$161
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

1,239 results
All reviewsshuttle servicefree shuttlefreeway sidefront deskmcrd graduationmarine graduationpancake machinesan diego airportbreakfast rooman early flightfree breakfastunderground parkinghot tubrental carroad noisedesk staffspecial thanks
996 - 1,001 of 1,239 reviews
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Arrived at 11:30 PM at the San Diego Airport and called the hotel for the free shuttle service. I was told that there is none after 11:00PM an I can take a taxi. I did, cost me extra 16 USD.

I don't understand how can an Airport hotel call itself Airport hotel and blatantly disreard the flight schedule of the Airport it is supposedly serve? It is an outrage and misleadng advertsing. Needless to say, I will make sure that neither me nor any of my friends will ever set our feet i this place again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank WojM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear WMajewski,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I regret your experience with our airport shuttle service. I am sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is definitely worth the price. The customer service is excellent, and the shuttle is very convenient. The hotel has been recently updated and is very clean, which is most important. The breakfast is also good. As others have mentioned, the area isn't the nicest, although I wouldn't say it was scary. There just isn't a lot around until you get to Old Town. The hotel is right on the freeway, but we didn't hear it from our room, which was on the other side. The complimentary parking was also a bonus. On the negative side, the wifi wasn't the fastest, but it was definitely better than nothing and was free. My biggest complaint is that you have to call to have the shuttle come pick you up at the airport. This wouldn't be a big deal except it doesn't say that's what you have to do anywhere on the website. After waiting a half hour at the airport, which is the last thing you want to do after traveling for 6 hours, we called and the shuttle came. It would have been nice to know that before though. Despite this, our overall experience was good and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifer1347
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The location of this place would be perfect if you need to be nearby the airport but the neighborhood itself doesn't look very safe. I didn't see any walkable restaurant near the hotel and I suggest for you not to walk looking for one, so with that said, drive a mile or 2 away and you'll see better neighborhoods with good variety of restaurants. I guess that's what they mean by "old town". Also, the hotel is near the busy streets so if you can request your room to be away from the street I think you'll be fine avoiding the street noise . The hotel and the room is very modernized and clean. The staff are very professional and friendly. Overall, it's an ok hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Yen90033
Reviewed September 21, 2012

A walk or 2 mins free bus to the old town and 5 minutes by the free bus to the airport & the San Diego tour bus goes by on a regular basis.

It has a nice quiet pool and Jacuzzi, the rooms were very modern and clean, and reception were very helpful.

Fridge and Microwave in Room, with good internet

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beachboy190928
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Let me start by saying the staff was professional, friendly, and helped me with my requests - they did a great job.

However, the only thing this hotel has going for it is that its close to the airport. It's an old hotel that had a face-lift, its really close to the highway so the rooms on the highway side are noisy, and its in a "marginal" neighborhood. The a/c in my first room didn't work and the staff professionally handled by request for a new room rather than sending up a maintenance guy. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However, I didn't feel comfortable in the area so I just stayed in my room instead of looking around a bit.

If you've got an early morning flight and want a place close to the airport this will work. However, if you're looking for more than that you probably should go elsewhere....

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the highway side of the hotel - noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business