“Great service and tampsphere”

Yanni's Bar & Grill
Ranked #138 of 5,675 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Yanni's Bar & Grill has fulfilled the need for a great restaurant in the Poway and Scripps Ranch area. A loyal following of guests comes from Rancho Bernardo, Ramona and Escondido, even traveling from as far as Rancho Santa Fe, La Jolla, Julian and Point Loma. Yannis MusselsThe feeling at Yanni's Bar & Grill is elegant and sophisticated without being stuffy. Simplicity is the focus: delicious food served in a comfortable, spotlessly clean environment. Proprietors Yanni & Denise Pihas are veterans in the hospitality industry, and owned a very successful restaurant in Sherman Oaks. Previously they worked for the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company in several locations throughout the United States. In keeping with Yanni's and Denise's heritage, the menu reflects a fusion of northern Mediterranean cuisine with predominant influences of Greece and Italy. The open kitchen allows the guests to enjoy the view of the culinary action. A wonderful terrace complements the dining room and is perfect for dining al fresco. A very extensive wine list was designed to complement the menu and has a very good balance between old and new world wines with some hard-to-find wines and vintages from Yanni's private cellar. Yanni features his own wine label called "Grano Greco" (Yanni's nickname), along with a large variety of wines by the glass. Quite often Yanni will open an exceptional wine to make it available by the glass. Come and visit Yanni's Bar & Grill for a gourmet lunch or a memorable dinner! Yanni & Denise
Reviewed January 25, 2019

Our group had two meetings there and dinner. Large group and they handled it very well. Most said that the food was very good.

Date of visit: January 2019
yannisbarandgrill, Owner at Yanni's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2019

Thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you back.
Cheers!

Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

Walked from the Marriot for dinner. Three of us shared the large Mediterranean platter. Everything on it was excellent. Roasted red pepper, tomatoes, cheese, beets, eggplant, olives, (prosciutto- though we don’t eat meat and had them remove the huge portion piled on top). For dinner I had the “Special Salad”. Everything was fresh and perfect. They have a nice wine menu with lots of wine from California, Italy and even Greece. Service was excellent. I’d definitely eat there again.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 28, 2018

Another wonderful meal with friends at Yannis Bar and Grill - I love to come here for dinners with friends, family - to conduct business , celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or even come for special events !! I love the outside patio too on a lovely warm day - feels like you are in Tuscany - from food, to servers to the owner - Yanni - all top notch and friendly - Once you eat here - you will make it a tradition !!

Date of visit: November 2018
yannisbarandgrill, Owner at Yanni's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Thank you so v very much for your wonderful review! We love you back and thank you for your continued support over the years, we truly appreciate it!
Cheers,

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Four of us went here for dinner. Plenty of parking, good service and excellent food. They also had several gluten free choices. We'll be back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 17, 2018

We were staying in the area with family. I had dinner with my 22 yr old son on Tuesday, October 9th. He found the place on-line (based on reviews, pictures, etc...) Rosendo (Rose') was our server and he was great! They made me an excellent cocktail and the menu was extensive so it was hard to decide what to order but everything was abundant and delicious. we were very happy here. We sat on the front patio. Then on Friday, October 12th, my 25 yer old daughter arrived (my son had left) and she found Yanni's on-line as well. I had told both of them to find a place for us to eat and they both found the same place, too funny! Anyway, this time we sat on the back patio and it is much cozier. Chris (Kris?) was our server and she was fabulous as well. Again, the menu choices were diverse and it was difficult to decide what to get but everything was abundant and delicious. I would highly recommend ordering the Brussels spouts when you go. We actually met Yanni this time. I told him how impressed I was on Tues and then how equally great it was on Friday. Thank you!

Date of visit: October 2018
yannisbarandgrill, Owner at Yanni's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Thank you so very much for your very kind words and writing about your experience. I will pass on the review to our staff in the kitchen and to Rosendo and Chris. We do hope that when you are back to San Diego you will come join us again.
Cheers!