“Average Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area
Ranked #171 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here with my daughter's cheer team for a competition this past March. Hotel is pretty much what you would expect from a Comfort Inn. They were very accommodating for our group and the friendly, helpful staff were great :) I found the room a little on the small side considering it was an upgrade with bunk beds, our friends had the standard room with 2 beds and it actually had more space. The bathroom sink area has no room which seems minor but not when you have a bunch of girls trying to get ready lol! Breakfast included was nice, although I do prefer more variety. Location wise it's fine if you have a car, which thankfully we did, but if you don't then getting anywhere can be very costly. Loved the free shuttle to Old Town offered as well. Overall it was a good stay, however in the future I think I would stay downtown and not worry about a car.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed overnight for a short Sea World/San Diego Zoo visit. Arrived at 8pm, quick check in.
The building format was a little confusing, it looks like 2 hotels joined together in the middle. Staff put us on the 4th floor, which was convenient for going to the breakfast room. Too bad ice maker was completely on the opposite side of the building. Room with 2 beds was spacious. Our room faced the freeway, but at a big tree blocked out some of the traffic coming over the overpass. Room was stuffy when we got in, after we ran the a/c a bit, the temp felt better. They probably gave us a handicap accessible room, which was OK, because it made it easier for us to take care of our 2 year old son in the bathroom. Also asked for a crib for our son, and they delivered pretty promptly. They should just include parking, $10.95, in the hotel price, but I think all the hotels in the area do that to make their base price look cheaper. Overall a good visit.

Room Tip: 4th floor has the breakfast dining area
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank GiantsFanLosAngeles
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Worst hotel ever. Ridiculously loud. Screaming kids and adults all night long. Bathroom floors sticky and filthy. Screens and windows broken. Remote broken. Air broken. Rude, condescending and deceptive staff. Filthy area for breakfast with waffle mix all over the floor causing slipping hazards. Parking nightmare. Nothing good about this hotel at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank lacrac
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Chose this hotel based on the price, and it exceeded my expectations. My family of 6 fit comfortably in the room. The staff was very accommodating. The breakfast was great (just come early or it's crowded), and the location was fabulous! My children loved the pool. I even left an earring in my room after I checked out and called a few days later and it was found and sent to me via mail! I would definitely come again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed while visiting the san diego zoo. FYI - they sell discounted zoo tickets at the front desk!
Pool was over chlorinated and the towel service went unattended for some time and they ran out of towels. We stayed in a family suite with the bunk beds and the Kids loved it. decent for the price. Wouldn't stay there if it was just me and the wife.

Room Tip: get a room on the opposite side of the highway
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed here recently for a wedding I was attending at a close by venue. I was trying to decide which hotel closest to the venue was the best bang for my buck, and seeing the pictures of this Comfort Inn compared to the other 2 close by won, but it's very close to the freeway and we could hear loud motorcycles frequently. Also lots of kids, as most of the people are most likely going to Sea World. I originally paid for a king bed and we had to pay more for 2 queens, while the guy behind us had reserved a king and got upgraded to a suite, lucky him! Breakfast was not in hotel lobby, but on 4th floor, back corner and a zoo! Also we never received our meal vouchers upon check-in to give to the lady at the door but thankfully she trusted we were hotel guests. No conditioner provided. Parking $10/night, but street parking is free.

Room Tip: Choose a room farthest from freeway so it's not as loud!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We arrived late tired and hungry, when I tried to order a pizza our phone would not work. The next day no one came to service our room. I was assured it woukd be corrected by the time we got back from dinner, it was not. The hot tub did not work properly and the breakfast room was incredibly loud and crowed. Not to mention the floors are so slick my four year old fell repeatedly. The blankets are itchy and it was loud every night. The elevator will barely hold a family of 5 and is slow.

• Stayed: March 2014