“Nice hotel”

Ranked #157 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were in San Diego for my grandson's graduation at MCRD. Rooms are reasonably priced, clean, and staff is friendly, and professional. Free shuttle to MCRD, Zoo, Seaworld, and the airport. Also a very nice complimentary breakfast. You cannot walk to anything from this location. Other than the Hunter Steak house, there are no restaurants in the area. If you don't have a car, you will need to take a cab to enjoy the area, or dine out. Also, we had to dispute the $9.95/nite parking fee, because we did not have a car.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your visit to San Diego to see your grandson graduate. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I apologize if you were miss charged for parking I am glad that we were able to fix that for you prior to your departure.
We hope to have you as our guest again on your next visit to San Diego!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for my son's graduation from Marine boot camp. There was a shuttle available to us during our entire stay. The front desk staff were always approachable and went above and beyond with our requests for additional shuttle service. I have to add that the shuttle drivers were the friendliest bunch I have ever seen. Very personable and informative with attractions around the area. Loved those guys! Our rooms were clean and a very good size. The breakfast was your standard free continental hot buffet. I would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Chloe761
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your visit to San Diego to see your son graduate. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will be sure to pass onto the Front Desk and Shuttle Drivers your comments regarding the service they provided. Congratulations to your son on his graduation, hopefully you will choose to stay with us again if you return to San Diego.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here early in the summer and liked it so much we booked again on our second trip back at the end of summer! We found the rooms to be newer, clean and the beds comfortable (by the way, we did not see any bugs at all on either trip!). The hotel staff and housekeeping team were attentive and friendly. We used the pool/jaccuzi and found both to be clean and well maintained. We were worried about the breakfast, we had read some reviews that it was crowded and hectic - but we found it to be the highlight of our mornings. (Advice: do go early and work together, one person save the table while others get food, have patience, etc.). The breakfast had quite a few different hot/cold options, we were very satisfied! Just a few mins from everything. Definitely staying here again. And for those that HATE paying the parking fees, there was lots of free parking on the street that was very close to hotel and safe.

Room Tip: If you stay near the breakfast room be prepared for a little hallway noise early in the mornings - d...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I wanted to take a moment and personally thank you for choosing to stay with us at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld. I know you have a lot of hotel choices in the area and it's my privilege to have had the opportunity to host your stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again on your next visit to San Diego.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

First of all, the room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast advertised was pretty good. hard boiled eggs, not hot eggs, but lots of waffles, pastries, yogurt etc. There are so many kids, though, who come to this family-friendly hotel that you'd better eat at 6:30 AM if you don't want to feel like you are fighting for your life. We had to pay 10 bucks a night for parking. I thought that was not cool. With a different hotel we could have saved the ten bucks and gone to Denny's for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during you recent stay in San Diego. I know you have many hotels to choose from. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed the breakfast we offer.

We hope you choose us again for future visits to San Diego.
Quad Cities IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a Comfort Inn, not a 5 star hotel. From our experience, it was really nice! Check quick in, after almost 8 hours to get there. Never saw ANY bug in our room, the 'black gunk' was a poor interior design choice of a metal frame in the bathroom. A little corrosion on the welds of the frame corners. Inside of the fridge was clean, didn't use drawers or wardrobe. The only 'bummer' was the hot tub seemed to quit working the only evening we used it. Anyone heading to this area of San Diego must realize that with the attractions and Marine Corps graduation every 2 weeks, this is a well used hotel. For being well used, looks good, runs well, clean. Breakfast was the usual fare for this level of hotel, a little croweded, but we were there early and found a place to sit. Parking is extra, but less than in some other areas. Would stay again if in the area!

1 Thank K-INKStat2
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during you recent stay in San Diego. I know you have many hotels to choose from. I am glad that your overall stay was a good experience. I am apologize that the hot tub was not working the evening you tried to use it. It has since been repaired; unfortunately we had a pump go out one evening.

I am glad to hear you plan on staying with us again. We look forward to having you be our guest during your next San Diego visit.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went with my kids to see Seaworld and the zoo and we picked this hotel because of its proximity to both. It was about a 7 minute drive to each so that part was great and we stayed 3 nights. The hotel itself was just average. Not the cleanest for sure. We kept finding ants in the bathroom as well but all in all it was ok.
The pool area was clean and met some nice people while there. The hot tub wasn`t working the whole time. The beds were big and comfy. It was an alright hotel room. If I were coming back I might try another one in the area as there was nothing all that great about this one.
Nice breakfast area outside and had pretty good food as well. First time my girls tried biscuits and gravy and they loved it.

Burlington, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The location for this hotel was great as it is right beside I-8 and close to Old Town and Mission Valley. However, our room on the 3rd floor was less than great when, shortly after checking in we found a cockroach and a spider crawling on the wall next to the sink. When I told the nice folks at the front desk about this they quickly offered another room. Unfortunately that room was in sad repair and had a ripped sofa and squishy, worn out beds.

I'd already prepaid an Advance Rate for another night later in the week, so we were stuck returning to the same hotel. The room this time (#266) had some kind of strange sticky substance on the carpet that made our bare feet completely black. I'd read something about this in a previous TripAdvisor review, but had dismissed it until it actually happened to us.

Finally, after looking over my credit card charge for the Advance Rate I realized that I was overcharged for the room AND charged $9.95 for parking when I'd parked on the street and specifically told them that. I will be calling the manager and Choice Hotels to see about making this right.

Other than the great location, I do not recommend staying at this hotel.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels