“Our first trip to Seaworld and the San Diego Zoo”

Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area
Ranked #164 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Edmonton, Canada
“Our first trip to Seaworld and the San Diego Zoo”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went with my kids to see Seaworld and the zoo and we picked this hotel because of its proximity to both. It was about a 7 minute drive to each so that part was great and we stayed 3 nights. The hotel itself was just average. Not the cleanest for sure. We kept finding ants in the bathroom as well but all in all it was ok.
The pool area was clean and met some nice people while there. The hot tub wasn`t working the whole time. The beds were big and comfy. It was an alright hotel room. If I were coming back I might try another one in the area as there was nothing all that great about this one.
Nice breakfast area outside and had pretty good food as well. First time my girls tried biscuits and gravy and they loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Burlington, Washington
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The location for this hotel was great as it is right beside I-8 and close to Old Town and Mission Valley. However, our room on the 3rd floor was less than great when, shortly after checking in we found a cockroach and a spider crawling on the wall next to the sink. When I told the nice folks at the front desk about this they quickly offered another room. Unfortunately that room was in sad repair and had a ripped sofa and squishy, worn out beds.

I'd already prepaid an Advance Rate for another night later in the week, so we were stuck returning to the same hotel. The room this time (#266) had some kind of strange sticky substance on the carpet that made our bare feet completely black. I'd read something about this in a previous TripAdvisor review, but had dismissed it until it actually happened to us.

Finally, after looking over my credit card charge for the Advance Rate I realized that I was overcharged for the room AND charged $9.95 for parking when I'd parked on the street and specifically told them that. I will be calling the manager and Choice Hotels to see about making this right.

Other than the great location, I do not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The king size rooms that are not on the corner do not have a comfortable chair or a couch to sit on. The only chair in the room is the desk chair. This makes it very difficult to sit anywhere but on the bed. I was unhappy that I did not have a place to sit and read.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank estelle B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed the weekend with my friend and her daughters so we could take the kids to Sea World. The drive is literally 5 minutes away from the hotel and all the interesting spots. I will admit I've never stayed at a Comfort Inn, but the suite we got was enough space for 2 adults and 3 children easily. It had 2 dbl beds in the main room with a TV and a separate area with a sofa bed and another TV which was perfect for the kids. Our only gripe was having the sink in the bedroom and the bathroom being so tiny. Parking is $9.95 per night. Breakfast was nice, but crowded but what do you expect on the weekend before school starts for some in Los Angeles. There was hot sausage, eggs, waffle maker, fresh fruit, cereal, muffins, juice and coffee etc...the staff was super pleasant and allowed us to chk-in early which was so appreciated. All in all I would recommend this place for short weekend stays and for whoever wants to see the sights in San Diego with minimal damage to your wallet.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 12, 2013

When we checked in, I killed a roach in the closet so I made sure I didn't hang any clothes in there. I had prepaid for this hotel room plus I couldn't find another during the Comic Con convention. I didn't see any other until the last day and 2 roaches went behind the huge headboards that they have in the rooms. I couldn't imagine how many more were back there but I was just glad we were checking out that day.
The staff was really really nice, but housekeeping was pretty bad. They didn't always empty the trash or leave enough towels. We'd called for more towels but they were never delivered. Supposedly I had an updated room, but the carpet was gross, "gooey" in some areas. The old fashion air conditioner made the room too cold and when you turned it to 'low', there was a musty smell in the room. Perhaps housekeeping didn't have a lot to work with.
There was a full breakfast but too many people for the number of tables in the breakfast area. Plus food would spill all over the floor so it was slippery. The waffle mix was everywhere. There just wasn't enough staff to keep it up. We just preferred to pay for breakfast elsewhere.
I would NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank NoBeachInOK
Province of Bologna, Italy
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because the offer was amazing, the supposed amenities good and the rooms seemed to look nice.
In reality things are very different.
The room was so small we could not move if we wanted to open the suitcases; the awful smell inside the room was unbearable and the forniture was creepy.
Fortunately we had booked throught booking.com and the reservation was not "locked", so we stayed one night instead of 6 and ran away.
Do not trust the pictures!!!

5 Thank giovannaventura
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This is now my hotel for my San Diego vacations!!! Clean..family friendly rooms...amazing breakfast..close to everything...clean..new..A+ service...comfy bed..awesome ac...awesome pool and jacuzzi...good safe area.......

• Stayed August 2013