WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #140 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California
“Do Not Stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I called for a last minute reservation for the evening of June 26th and I was told that a room was available for that evening and I then asked if they had a top floor room and the lady on the phone said she didn't know if they had a top floor room, which I found strange. I went to check in around 9:30 pm and was told it was $10 to park, which I WAS NOT told about on the phone and there was NO parking in the lot of the hotel only on the street. After having a 10 minute discussion about the fact I wasn't told about the parking fee the reservation lady finally went and talked to the night manager and he told her to waive the fee, The manager should have come out and talked to me personally but he choose to have his employees do it for him. Again I told the reservation lady that I wanted a top floor room and she proceeded to give me keys for a second floor room, this is after talking to her on the phone and in person. I got to my room finally and found the bathroom sink to be leaking, I had to use washcloths to mop up the water, called the front desk, to be told it would be fixed in the am when I was checking out and to top it all off don't plan on having breakfast here, I got up early to get there by 7:15 am, which is supposed to be the "slow time" there were no tables, no coffee and front desk told me it was a sit down breakfast, NOT true, a bunch of cold cereal, NO muffins, they were out as well and COLD biscuits and gravy. I would NOT recommend this hotel to any one I know. I called the hotel and left a message for the general manager and what a surprise NO call back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michelle g
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Michelle G,

Hospitably yours,

Stephanie Downs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is our 3rd time and we still love it. We went as a family to visit nearby San Diego attractions and it's just a great hotel. The front staff is very friendly and helpful upon check-in, the rooms are very comfortable and you can't beat the kids suites. Breakfast is great, it would be nice if it was larger but people move in and out pretty fast. Location is great, you're basically 10 minutes from almost all attractions in San Diego. Love it and will come back again.

1 Thank shanti w
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We went out for the day and came back at 3:30 from the beach and our room was still not clean! I called the desk & the gentleman said they had until 5:30 to clean...that doesn't seem acceptable. They did offer to come clean the room, but we were tired and didn't want t up leave while they cleaned. I asked for clean towels & they came, but our room should have been cleaned. The free breakfast offered waffles, yogurt, fruit, Breads, cereals & drinks. This l offered something for everyone. We did have two queen beds & a pull-out bed for the 6 of us. Would we stay again? I might look around...

• Stayed June 2013
Ajo, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was a less than appealing experience at this Hotel, we are not coming back for sure. The so called morning breakfast included in the stay price is a nightmare. A parade of half asleep,hungry and moody hotel guests will stop at nothing to get to the waffle machines,mind you, there is 2 waffle machines to feed 400 hungry guests in 3.5 hours. You figure it out.
Boiled eggs,toast and some yogurt was the only food you are able to get after a few steps walking around avoiding people who were thinking about only one thing...eat for free!!!! Or so they thought since the price includes the poor breakfast. The towels were dingy and have been not changed in months. The sheets were dingy also and were not changed in in the nights we spent there,just rolled up and flattened. I had to remove some sand myself late at night to avoid calling the maids.
The fitness center was like a walk in closet with one treadmill one very old stationary bike and some old pulley machines with missing parts.
The area where the hotel sits is awful,almost like an abandoned dead end with narrow streets and a view of some bushy hills.
Back in the pool area, the surprise is even bigger,there is not a lot of room to swim considering the size of the hotel, crowded crowded.
The room had no safe, no microwave oven,very small refrigerators and ALL the soda machine outside the corridors were out of order, an indication that maintenance is in the back burner.
Shame on this Corporation for false advertising lies and pictures that do not do justice to the old facade with the run down paint.
I will never be back to this place or recommend it to anybody.

2 Thank Gabe C

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Cockroach in bathroom...
No microwave - asked front desk to help me and they did...but why not have a guest accessible one for guests whose kids are picky eaters?
Room furniture needs attention...especially for high rates charged
Parking is an extra $10 PER NIGHT ...why?
Poor storage and closet space
No guest laundry other than service (takes too long and too expensive)...in San Diego - by the beach...why?
Terrible view of highway curve
Not enough room @ breakfast for guests - honestly will gladly pay next time so we can eat...
This hotel needs a major overhaul - staff were friendly - they were the only good point and relatively close to some attractions. Yuck otherwise.

Room Tip: Cockroach in bathroom...may the force be with you
3 Thank AlisonRa
Placentia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I traveled with my friends to San Diego and decided to stay at this hotel. It was a good choice. We were a little ways from our everything but we were right on the freeway. Minimal noise. Make sure you know they charge you for parking! Overall a great hotel. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here for our trip to Seaworld and found it very convienient for our needs. the room was clean and large. Breakfast the first morning was a bun fight with too many people and not enough room fo all to get their food and find somewhere to sit and eat it. Unfortunately the pool was out of use whilst we were there. Overall I would stay again as it was good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to having you be our guest on your next visit to San Diego.