Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area
$209
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $355/night.

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$200
$183
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$201
$188
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

$232
$195
  • Pool
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$207
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$311
$226
$161
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$229
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $315/night.

All reviewsbreakfast roomsea worldhunter steakhousehotel circleold townfree breakfastyogurtsofa bedfreeway sidesink areahot tubbeds were comfortablemission beachbalboa parkzooseaworldshuttle
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here based on recommendations and convenience to attend the Marine Corp graduation of a family member. The hotel was clean, nothing fancy but adequate. The staff was very accomodating. The shuttle service was very good about taking us to and from MCRD events as well as Old Town. We did not rent a car so had to rely on shuttles and taxi's. The hotel is not in a pedestrian friendly area. Make sure you reserve space on the shuttle ahead of time for drop off and pick ups. The breakfast was included and convenient. The gym consists of a treadmill, bike, and a weight machine. No place to run outside as the hotel is near the freeway which restricts pedestrian traffic. There is no gift shop or convenience store nearby so make certain you pack everything you need. I do want to recognize Dylan, our shuttle driver who offered exceptional service.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We could not have been happier with our hotel choice. We were in San Diego with our 2 and 4-year-old for an 8-day vacation. I chose this hotel because it offered kid suites with a separate room with bunk beds AND a closing door. It was wonderful! We had plenty of space, and the kids could have a normal sleep routine without us needing to tiptoe around in the dark.

A free breakfast was included and we took full advantage of this. We all appreciated having so many choices, including some hot options! Great way to start each day!

The staff were incredibly friendly whether it was 2am (when we arrived) or the middle of the day. We asked lots of questions and got very helpful answers.

The rooms were newly remolded and looked very nice and clean. We had no trouble with noise. We also really appreciated having separate temperature control for the two rooms, since we had the door closed when the kids were sleeping.

The location was fabulous. We were less than 15 minutes away from everything we wanted to see, except for Legoland which was a do-able 35 min. away. Lots of great restaurants close by too!

This hotel was a gem! It made our long stay with small children not just tolerable, but delightful!

Highly recommended!

PS. Definitely park on the street and save $10/night!

Room Tip: The kids suites are easily worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rachel739
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you on your next trip to San Diego!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a 2 night stay. The room was clean however dated. Television only had analog channels available. Staff said they are working on it. Business computer terminals not working. Staff said they are working on it. The breakfast room furniture was old and cheap. Breakfast was ok, however since the hotel was full due to the US Marine graduation, there was a crush of people and the staff could not keep up with the food supply. There is one revolving toaster which takes four complete cycles to get some color on an english muffin. The $9.95 charge to park on hotel property was another negative for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoeB40_13

We are sorry about any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay with us. As for the TV we have updated our channels and taken care of that situation. Our business center computers have since been fixed. We do hope that you visit us in the future as we are constantly working on improving and doing what we can to make our guests stay a pleasant experience.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed for four days after a cruise. We were very happy with the shuttle service. They were very accommodating to take you where you wanted to go, We did not rent a car so was very helpful. Disappointed that there was no restaurants to walk too. The staff were so helpful with directions. The breakfast was good, it worked for us for these few days. The rooms were clean and made up in good time each day.
Marilyn - Canada

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response regarding your stay with us. We are constantly working on improving our standards and making sure that each and every one of our guests have a pleasant stay with us. Any issues are a priority for us and we like to resolve them immediately. We do hope you consider our location for future stays.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I'd give this hotel 3.5 stars if I could. It seems better than an average 3, but I hesitate to call it "very good".

The room was large and included a refrigerator. The room was sparkling clean -- no issues whatsoever.

Others have said the rooms have been recently remodeled -- they must have missed mine (room 222). The sink had a granite countertop, but nothing else about the room indicated to me that it had been remodeled recently. The beds were clearly in need of replacement.

Lighting is one of my pet peeves -- plenty of good light throughout the room, including above the sink, but the separate toilet/shower room was poorly lit and when you turn on that light the noisy fan kicks in. Plenty of hot water with good water pressure in the shower.

Internet was a problem. My PC could see the hotel's connection, but it was very weak and my PC would not connect. I didn't complain about this to the front desk because fortunately I have an ATT card and that link was excellent. My t-mobile phone worked well from the room too.

Others have left mixed reviews on the free breakfast -- there was a crowd, but the serving area is spread out over a wide area in two adjoining rooms and there are a reasonable number of tables. I had to wait for a person or two, but I don't see that as an issue. The servers were really friendly and helped guide the guests to whatever they wanted. It's the first time I recall seeing 3 waffle-makers. Scrambled eggs were freshly made and quite good. Juice was decent, not watered down too much like many other hotels with free breakfast. The complaint about the green bananas, though, was spot on. I took one on Tuesday morning and it wasn't edible until Friday!

My biggest complaint is the $10 they charge for parking. This wasn't clearly indicated on the hotel's website, at least not where I noticed it, nor did the front desk agent tell me about it when I checked in -- she only asked me if I had a car. I was suspicious about the way she asked me, so I asked about a fee. There is a sign, but it was turned the other way when I checked in. Anyway, I parked on the street, though I suppose if both of the hotels on that street were packed then maybe there wouldn't be spaces on the street. I have stayed on Hotel Circle before and (contrary to the some other reviews) I've never been charged for parking before.

Room Tip: park on the street to avoid the $9.95 daily parking fee
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business