This was my first time in a Comfort Inn in a long time. My last experience was pretty bad, so my expectations were not high this time. On entry into the property, I noticed that the exterior looked nice but the parking was cramped, especially for folks driving in large vehicles. But I can overlook that given where we were. The lobby is nice and seems to have been recently remodeled. The check-in process was smooth and the staff fairly helpful. When we got to the room the first thing I noticed (besides the dozen pizza flyers shoved under the door was that the rooms seemed to have been remodeled too. The decor was newer and the bathroom seemed to have received some updates too. We got a room with two queens and a sofabed. The queen beds seemed comfortable enough except that they only give you four small (what I would consider) throw pillows instead of regular sized pillows. I also noticed that the sofabed had a rather dirty couch cover on it. When I pulled up the cover to see the condition of the sofabed I saw the VERY old fake leather couch underneath. The couch was so old and worn that the cushion and armrests were flaking fake leather. I picked up the cushion to see the condition of the mattress and found mildew on the underside of the cushion. The bed was about what you would find on most cheap sofabeds. The mattress was thin and uncomfortable. Needless to say, my kid did NOT want to sleep on that thing. I found out the next day that another family we were travelling with found that the sofabed sheets were dirty. When they called to complain, someone brought up new sheets and told them that they (the guests) had to make the bed.
Regarding the included breakfast, all I can say is that there were plenty of options, but they need to consider a larger room. They tell their guests to come at 6:30 if they want to avoid the lines rather than trying to find a way to accomodate their travelling guests who more than likely do NOT want to be up that early on their vacations.
I gave this hotel an average rating because I already had low expectations but was pleased to see that they have at least tried to make updates to their property. The old flaking couch is just unacceptable. The proximity to downtown, old town, the Gaslamp, Qualcomm and other places is ideal. The bottom line is that I will never return to that Comfort Inn. I may stay on Hotel Circle again but not at that hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it's for a family vacation, a romantic getaway or when you're traveling on business, you can’t beat the friendly service and comfortable accommodations offered at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld. This Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award winner offers a convenient location, excellent service and extra amenities, all backed by our Signature Guarantee. -Located on San Diego’s famous Hotel Circle, 5 minutes to SeaWorld, Zoo, Downtown and San Diego’s world-famous beaches -Five minutes from the new Riverwalk Golf Course and Mission and Fashion Valley Malls -Free deluxe breakfast buffet includes an assortment of pastries and muffins, toast, fresh fruit, choice of hot and cold cereals with milk, espresso, coffee, tea and a variety of juices. -Winner of Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award recognizing exceptional service, facilities and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area Hotel San Diego
- Comfort Inn And Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area
- Comfort Inn Hotel Zoo
- San Diego Comfort Inn Suites Zoo
- Comfort Inn San Diego Zoo
- Comfort Inn Suite Zoo Sea World