Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$207
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast roomsea worldhunter steakhousehotel circleold townfree breakfastyogurtfamily suitesofa bedfreeway sidesink areasliding doorhot tubbeds were comfortableshuttle serviceupon checkmission beach
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had a great time staying at this hotel - nice, clean rooms, comfortable beds. Breakfast is very good taking into account that this is 3 star hotel - definitely exceeded our expectations. Outstanding service everywhere and very friendly, nice stuff. Good location - close to the highway, but room was very quiet. Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ITaveler
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

We would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay and are thrilled to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. Our staff constantly strives for the highest quality of service and we greatly appreciate your acknowledgment of our efforts. We hope we are able to welcome you back during your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff is very friendly. Great size pool and very clean. The breakfast offered a nice selection. Our family used the free shuttle service which was helpful but they were late getting us to our destination. The room did not have a microwave and we had to keep going down to the front desk to use theirs. There is no counter space around the sink and the light above the sink is very dim. The TV had fewer options than other places I've stayed and no schedule to see what will be on the various channels. The little things make a big difference so probably wouldn't stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a microwave. You have to pay to park there and they don't tell you that before you arrive.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ispep51
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for your review and taking the time to acknowledge our friendly staff. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, as we always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. As you say, the little things make a difference, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to earn back your patronage during your next family visit to San Diego.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here for one week in October, 2012. I had no knowledge of this hotel, or input from anyone local. I only chose it by the on-line features and reviews I had read. We happened to stay here right in the middle of graduation for the USMC, so one morning, the breakfast area was full of people wearing red! It was truly an awesome sight for someone (me) who had no idea that was even happening in the area! The weather was something to be desired for being in California (just chilly), athough we were told it was HOT! HOT! HOT! right before we got there, and was forecasted to be HOT! HOT! HOT! the day we left!

Everything at this hotel was fabulous, including the front desk staff (who always greet you every time you walk through the door), the maintenance people, the housekeeping staff, etc. We were on the second floor, and it was a little noisy due to kids jumping up and down, running, etc., BUT... remember, this is a family hotel - and advertises as such with kids suites - so to those of you who complain about that ... shame on you!

It is a little bit noisy if your window faces the pool, but again, it's a family hotel, and the pool closes at 10 p.m.

I would recommend this to anyone who isn't uptight and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want quiet before 10 p.m., ask for a room that doesn't have a window facing the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Biz-e-Momof2

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your week long stay in October. We always strive to provide our guests with great service and make them feel at home , and I am glad to hear we were able to accomplish that goal. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit, and hope the weather provides that great San Diego experience!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had checked into this hotel after having a horrible, horrible experience of having some items of luggage stolen from our rental vehicle. This set us back hours in getting to San Diego and needless to say when we finally got there, we were well and truly over it. When we checked in we had the absolute pleasure of being checked in by Bobby, who was just fantastic. He sympathised with us about what had happened, upgraded us to a Kids Suite and gave us free parking. He also let me check use the front desks computer to check my emails etc, he was just so great. After having such an horrible experience, he really made my day by just being so friendly and helpful, he really went above and beyond. The hotel itself was nice, had a pool, a laundry, a business centre so you can access a computer, coffee and iced water readily available. Our room was lovely, a little small but it had a fridge, microwave, bath, a pretty average room, but it was lovely. The kids suite had a divider that divided the room in half so you had a queen bed and TV in one half and bunks and a TV in the other. I thought this was great as it allowed the adults to have some me time, and same with the kids. But you could still hear them, so you could keep an eye on things. The buffet breakfast that is included with the room was a nice average breakfast of bagels, cereal, eggs, waffles, coffee etc. It was packed though, lots of people, but we still managed to get a seat both mornings we were there and the food was always replaced pretty quickly if it ran out. There will be flyers under your door from the various take away joints around, and I overheard one of the other clerks telling another customer checking in that they don't endorse those flyers, only order from the hotels take out menu, so I was a bit disappointed that this wasn't pointed out to us, and we did order take out the first night we were there, just happened to be out of the hotels take out menu. It's nice and close to Seaworld and a short drive into the main part of San Diego, but it's a bit of a drive if you wanted to maybe go to dinner and have a few drinks. There aren't many restaurants within walking distance, but we had dinner in the steakhouse right next door which was really nice. All in all a nice hotel to stay in, I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel is over the top. From the minute I made the reservation I knew this would be a special trip. My family came from all over the United States to experience the graduation of my grandson from MCRD San Diego. We arrived Wednesday and the hotel had already arranged a shuttle to "Old Town San Diego" that evening for a meet and greet with other parents, family, and DI's of the recruits at the MCRD. The hotel shuttled us to and from the Marine base on Thursday for Family Day and Graduation on Friday. The staff was great from the beginning, they had maps and got directions for places we wanted to go. Our rooms were ready in the late morning and they allowed us to check in early. The shuttle driver, Mr. Jordan, was just awesome, always on time and extremely helpful. He was always friendly, even at 6:00 AM in the morning. The room was exceptional for a hotel room, smelled fresh and everything worked. The hotel was very well sound isolated, I completely forgot it was next to a major freeway. They had a full breakfast in the morning that included waffles, hot and cold cereal. The rooms all had a refrigerator, which allowed us to put lunches together for Thursday at the Marine Base. The staff had a freezer which we could put our freezer packs in to keep our lunches fresh on Thursday. We all had a great time and I will never stay at another hotel in San Diego.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Arthur B

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to contribute in making the special event of your grandson’s graduation a great experience. On behalf of Mr. Jordan, and the rest of the staff here, we thank you for your kind review and hope to see you again soon on your next trip to San Diego.