5,181 results
All reviews mission bay dave hopper exotic birds banquet captain oceana restaurant pool attendant tower room the pacific ocean bay front grounds are beautiful bahia belle great resort garden view bit dated parking garage sea world family vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We hosted a week long event at the Catamaran Resort for 200+ attendees. The staff who helped throughout the entire week was so thorough and dependable! They made sure that we as the host along with our guests were well taken care of and accommodated. They were very welcoming and truly down to earth folks. A week long event isn't easy when there is a team of 4, but with the help and willingness of the staff, it allowed the conference to proceed smoothly. We are so so so thankful to the team-- Kim, Hollis, Dave Hopper, Pedro, Fernando, Cyntia, Phil, Yewbie, Brenda, MIchael Gottlieb, Sandra M and O, Jon Patros, Tony Selvas, Steve Scarvey, Jorge M, Victor Soto, Ricardo, Marta, Jose Macias, Lupe, and last but not least Miguel!

Would definitely be happy to host another event at the Catamaran!

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank cwn18
Mr-Ryan-Wilson, Manager at Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience of hosting an event at the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa! We are pleased to hear that our staff provided excellent service throughout the planning process! We know our staff will appreciate your recognition of their service and we hope we get the opportunity to host another one of your events!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Writing this on my last day here... reflecting on my time here.

tl;dr IMO, this is more like a 3 star hotel. If I didn’t upgrade my room to a bay-view suite, this would be a one star review. *note* I booked via orbitz and am a platinum member (noting this since this is listed as a VIP hotel, for those taking that I to consideration)

When I checked in they said they didn’t have any more king size bed left but miraculously they found one for me after some nudging and asked me to give a 5 start review with their name since they helped me out so much (leaving out her name since I’m not obviously giving a super positive review).

I started my first two days in the tower room on the fifth floor facing the parking lot. This room and view made me regret booking the hotel. The room is outdated. Outside was noisy (towel trucks and parking lot). The shower had low water pressure and temperature was difficult to control and seemed to jump to scolding hot water randomly (which made showering a baby even impossible). The second day the hot water totally went out and I had to call the front desk. When I talked about the water pressure etc, they made it seem like it was my fault and an annoyance to them.

I decided I need to upgrade the room or I knew the next few days were going to be miserable. I was close to considering moving to another hotel that I usually stay at when I visit SD.

My expertise at the bay view room was totally different. Better view. Better shower. Although the toilet was very week and weird smells came out but at this point, i couldn’t complain and this was a huge change and upgrade from the previous room.

*this part is for orbitz platinum members. The main reason I booked this hotel outside of my normal hotel (few blocks away and not a hotel bookable on orbitz) was because this was listed as a VIP hotel. They usually give upgrades when available or other small perks. But i received nothing. When I asked for a comp upgrade, they said there were none left, yet I had to pay $100+ more per night for the change of room.

I’m a creature of habit and after this experience, although I had a much better time once I was upgraded, I don’t think I’d stay here again (unless my upgrade was free) as it’s not worth the price tag.

Other random notes:
Great family hotel
Great location

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank JasonNewyorkcity

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your most recent stay, Jason. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the resort location and your bayview guestroom! Regarding the Orbitz VIP program, a complimentary upgrade is subject to availability at check-in. We are pleased to hear that you were able to upgrade your guestroom a couple of days into your stay. We appreciate your feedback and it has been shared with our executive team. We hope we get the chance to welcome you back for a much improved stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had remarkable meals at the Oceana restaurant (gourmet dinner with great service by Bradley, and two perfect breakfasts with impeccable, prompt service and smiles), plus possibly the best spa massage ever by the strong, personable Kilian, but I have to say that the soft, badly made bed (a short, sideways twin sheet on a king mattress?) almost ruined the rest of the experience. We'll be back, especially because the front desk staff was terrific, the spa spotless, grounds impeccable, and location superb, but please, folks... can you replace the old lumpy mattresses?

Room tip: Rooms in the 700 building are quiet and spacious.
Date of stay: September 2019
Mr-Ryan-Wilson, Manager at Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your most recent visit, Kirk! We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable beachfront dining experience and had the best massage ever! We appreciate your feedback regarding your guestroom mattress and have shared this with management. We are looking forward to you joining us again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My parents and our daughter stayed at your resort from Friday and are checking out today, Sept 24,2019.
They had some disturbing things to tell me and I wanted to write a review as it should not be happening for a resort of this size and $.
First they talked to a girl named “May” and all she said was “ok”. Didn’t offer to put them in a different room or anything. That’s not acceptable especially when there is a four year old toddler involved.
Amongst the things that were brought to her and my attention were:
• A centipede found on the bed. While you cannot prevent bugs it certainly is disgusting
• The toilet had to be flushed multiple times for anything to happen
• The airconditioning!! Quit working!!! and they had to go without.
• The phone didn’t work to call the front desk! What if you had to call 911?

I am truly disappointed as I booked this trip for them.

Date of stay: September 2019

Thank for taking the time to share your review of your family's most recent stay. We strive to create an exceptional experience for each and every guest and we are truly sorry that you experienced otherwise. We are aware that they were in contact with management during their stay. Thank you again, and we hope we get the chance to welcome you and your family back for a much-improved experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I once again had the pleasure of staying at the Catamaran Hotel located in Pacific Beach in the City of San Diego. To say that my experience was pleasant would be a tremendous understatement. On this trip,I traveled with my sister ,who really needed a good vacation and as usual,the Catamaran delivered. I,once again want to commend a numerous amount of people who always make my stay so enjoyable that I return approximately 4 times a year,as I have done for the past 10 Years: First,General Manager Mike Staples,his Hotel Manager Mr Starr and all the Managers who strive and succeed to make my stay pleasant. The following personell have also ensured that I will continue to return:Reservations:Victoria,Desiree,Liz,Cynthia,Kyle,Susie,Greg,Sue and Sam.From Morays' and Oceana: Slobadan,Jeremiah Kuguta,Rosalie,Alysa,Ceili,Jennifer,Paige,Melissa,Melanie,Debbie,Matt,Leopoldo,Shannon,Madison,Ryan,Jordan,Broly and Joanna.Also a nod of thanks to Managers Alex,Robert and Jessica. The Front Desk staff,who always ensures that my stays' are perfect get a well deserved thanks.They are: Anna,Shaina,Deliz,Haley{Best of Luck to You!} Edith,May,Frida,Leslie,Kathy and Cynthia.To the Valets' and Concierge staff: Josephine,Jacob,Albert in Security,Megan,Steven,Pascual,Kevin,Dane and Edgar. I also want to commend and thank: Bradley,Mil,Nelly and Tot Nguyen. Once again thank you to all for another magnificent stay! See you next time.

Room tip: A room on the Bay side ensures the best views
Date of stay: September 2019

Thank you for your continued visits to the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa! We love seeing guests return year after year, always leaving with the most positive of experiences. It brings us great joy knowing that all of our staff always provides you with such a warm welcome! We know our staff will appreciate your recognition of their service, and we are looking forward to you joining us again soon.