We stayed at the catamaran for four nights this past week. It was outstanding and well worth the money we paid.
The property itself is georgeous. Their website photos do not do justice. Every room, unless you get a bayfront room, has a beautiful garden view. The interior of the property is a wonderful garden area with waterways, exotic plants and lush gardens. There are several types of bird, ducks, parrots and what not that call the Catamaran home. At night, they light bamboo torches which adds a nice touch.
The pool area is great as well. Very nice with a bar in the spring/summer months. Large hot tub and a nice big heated pool.
Our room was superb. We stayed in room 601, a bay front room which was great. It had a bayview, the room was clean and nicely decorated. Nice touches, furniture, an actual closet, bug bathroom which was clean. Note: We were attending a wedding and when we visited the bride in her bay front suite, which was located on the bottom floor-it was a little musty smelling. Other then that- nice as well.
Room service and restaurant were great. Good service, good value and excellent food. Try the four cheese pizza-yummmm!
All in all- it was excellent. Would highly recommend the Catamaran and will be back for sure!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa is a paradisiacal destinationon the shores of Mission Bay and mere steps from San Diego’s famous Pacific Beach. Featuring lush tropical gardens and a private beach, this Polynesian-themed hotel offers 310 guest rooms, studios or suites, each with a private balcony or patio. On-site amenities include signature restaurant Oceana Coastal Kitchen, featuring a surf and turf menu and a patio lined with tiki torches, fire pit tables and lush palms, and the Catamaran Spa, the only beachfront spa in San Diego. Additional activities include bicycle and water-sport rentals and the beach towns of Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, featuring a beachside boardwalk, Crystal Pier and a variety of cafés and boutiques. The Catamaran is conveniently located within 10 miles of major attractions including SeaWorld,the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego