This is the second time we have stayed at this resort, but the first time with the kids. I'm here to tell you that whether you're on a romantic getaway or with the whole family,this place is great. Yes, it's pricey, but you will not worry about too much when you see how convenient it is to so much!
First of all, it's right on Mission Bay. There is a nice boardwalk that goes all the way around the bay and farther. The condos and houses that line the bay are so cool to look at. Right off the beach in front of the hotel is a rental station for paddle boards, kayaks, and more. You can also charge it right to your room. They have a nice restaurant on the property that has a terrific patio that either sits in a courtyard or overlooks the beach. The fitness center is decent as well, with elipticals that overlook the bay!
The pool here is really nice, but beware the towel police! The kid that has you check in has to tell you about the return policy of the towels, which is $10 if you don't return them, is not a terrible policy, which by the way, they don't enforce. There is a bar, grill and arcade at the pool, and the arcade games are set up so you never have to pay!
The convenience to the ocean, which is 2 blocks away, as well as Sea World, which is a 7 minute drive, is terrific. When you park at the hotel, make sure you have a room key with you always to get in and out of the lot. This includes when you leave for good, because you have to waive down the valet to help if you leave all your keys behind. The hotel has a business center, which requires a special card access, so make sure you get one when you check in if you need to use the center. We got a suite which slept 6 comfortably with a bayside view, but the a/c in the rooms is not so great, which is why the property didn't get a 5 star rating.
The hotel is also home to several exotic birds that they have on display. They reside near the bayside view suites, which can be really, really loud! They go in for the night at sunset, but if you have a room here, and are looking for a quick nap...good luck.
Good times here, enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa is a paradisiacal destinationon the shores of Mission Bay and mere steps from San Diego’s famous Pacific Beach. Featuring lush tropical gardens and a private beach, this Polynesian-themed hotel offers 310 guest rooms, studios or suites, each with a private balcony or patio. On-site amenities include signature restaurant Oceana Coastal Kitchen, featuring a surf and turf menu and a patio lined with tiki torches, fire pit tables and lush palms, and the Catamaran Spa, the only beachfront spa in San Diego. Additional activities include bicycle and water-sport rentals and the beach towns of Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, featuring a beachside boardwalk,Crystal Pier and a variety of cafés and boutiques. The Catamaran is conveniently located within 10 miles of major attractions including SeaWorld,the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and HotelsClick so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego