“Awesome stay at the Catamaran”

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
Ranked #16 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 22, 2014

It was my wifes birthday. We have been blessed to travel the world and stay in many amazing locations. This was a great stay. Not only did they send her a great bottle of wine but they service never stopped. They have great staff people with awesome advice for restaurants and attractions. The beach is amazing as is the bay. The restaurant was great and we can't wait to stay their again. The interior areas make you think you are in Hawaii.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view or Interior of the resort view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric W
There are newer reviews for Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Working with Melissa Armstrong to see if the Catamaran was a good fit for our conference, and then defining the services within our budget was great. Then Victoria Hartwell took care of what we needed. They were as fun to work with as they were responsive and effective.

Room Tip: I ask for a room close to the conference rooms so I could pop in an out as need. They put me on the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I live locally and my friend Kevin Kelly suggested I check out the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa for happy hour/dinner. Upon my arrival I was greeting by the front office manager Thomas M and a sales associate Desiree W. They were kind enough to walk me to the outside happy hour area and suggest some tasty apps! That was so friendly and very much appreciated. While I was there I ran into an old friend who happens to work there, Melissa A. She not only recommended fun activities to do at the catamaran but she was so knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Needless to say, the hospitality from the moment I walked in the door exceeded my expectations. I would not only recommend the Catamaran to out of town guest but locals too!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank I_love2_dig
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We went to The Catamaran for our 5-year wedding anniversary and had an incredibly relaxing stay. The tropical setting was soothing. Melissa Armstrong helped us with our reservation by recommending a beautiful suite overlooking Mission Bay. She also helped us with suggesting places to go for dinner within walking distance. She truly made the weekend even more special.
We visited the on site spa and we're further impressed. We took full advantage of the beach front jacuzzi and other spa amenities. We also enjoyed talking with the exotic birds, paddle boarding and exploring the city. Each night was ended by the fire pits at Moray's.
Overall the entire staff : sales manager, front desk, bell, severs, spa staff and rental desk were extremely helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back with (and without) the kids.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Thanks to the excellent service we received from Melissa Armstrong we were able to enjoy a bay front one bedroom suite, ground floor. Best location in the whole hotel. We never moved our car the entire weekend. We were able to come and go to the beach from our patio door. The hotel staff and service could have not been better. Rather than dinner we had happy hour appetizers and drinks on the patio watching the sunset. We couldn't have asked for anything better. We will definitely make this a repeat visit!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I spent many summers (when I was young) in a cottage close by this resort and learned to sail on their rental boats. It is just as I remembered, with modern upgrades. Quiet, yet close to everything you need, beautiful views and too much to do if you are tempted to leave the beach. The collection of ducks living at the property are very beautiful.

Room Tip: I spent a few extra dollars and reserved one of the beach front first floor rooms. Walk right out t...
Reviewed March 18, 2014

When the pocket book said no can do to a trip out of town, I put on the internet search for a good location to stay in our own back yard, and that is when I thought about Catamaran resort, I lived in Pacific Beach for 10 years and never had a reason to stay there when you live there. But the location of the Catamaran can't be beat, right on the beautiful Mission Bay and less than a block (actually across the street) from Mission Beach, so when I went online to the Catamaran website and found the bed and breakfast special and a good room rate for one night stay, I decide this could be good call, because PB is where our marriage began, so I booked it and made a note to the staff that this was our 21st anniversary and requested the best room with a king bed; all I can say is man-o-man did the staff at Catamaran make the occasion the best it could be... we had a very clean, nicely decorated, bay front room on the 2nd floor with an incredible view and the staff had provided us with a nice bottle of sparkling wine on ice, two glasses and 1/2 dozen chocolate covered strawberries along with a staff signed card wishing us a happy 21st anniversary! WOW! To say the least my wife was impressed and thought I was the one who made it all possible (thanks Catamaran and staff, you're great) and our stay at the resort was simply incredible. Even though the night was for our anniversary my wife wanted to order in rather than go out for dinner, so we ordered from the Atoll restaurant for room service and the food was really good, we ordered a nice Cobb salad and a wood fired vegetable pizza and we enjoyed a romantic night in our room, and it really couldn't be better with the beautiful night views of the bay. The breakfast in the morning was delicious as well, well worth the extra $10 cost to the room. This is wonderful hotel, with great staff, good food, a tropical theme, well landscaped grounds and some fun wildlife to add to the element of an exotic location right in the heart of one of the top 10 best beach towns in America and tons of fun and enjoyment right out the front door of your room. The wife and I will be back, maybe we'll bring the kids (two rooms of course). Thank you Catamaran the staycation was the best anniversary we could ask for.

Room Tip: Room 613 it is great!