We (family of 5) stayed at the Catamaran on the recommendation of friends who had stayed there a few years back. We were there 4 nights. The location was absolutely perfect as we went to Seaworld (10 minutes away) . . . USS Midway/Downtown Waterfront (20 minutes away) . . . San Diego Zoo (20 minutes away) . . . Coronado (25 minutes away) . . . La Jolla (5-10 minutes away) . . . Point Loma (15-20 minutes away) so we loved the location. The staff was very friendly and the food at the restaurant was average to above average (we only ate there twice). We had a Bayfront room and loved waking up to the sun coming up over Mission Bay and downtown in the distance. The Catamaran has been around awhile and therefore the negatives were that the room was musty smelling and the furniture dated. Onsite self parking is $17.50 per day (valet is $27.50 per day). Otherwise we enjoyed our stay and would recommend to anybody with kids. Our kids loved playing with all the ducks that walk around the place. They also put out colorful McCaws & Parrots that talk and the kids enjoyed those as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa is a paradisiacal destinationon the shores of Mission Bay and mere steps from San Diego’s famous Pacific Beach. Featuring lush tropical gardens and a private beach, this Polynesian-themed hotel offers 310 guest rooms, studios or suites, each with a private balcony or patio. On-site amenities include signature restaurant Oceana Coastal Kitchen, featuring a surf and turf menu and a patio lined with tiki torches, fire pit tables and lush palms, and the Catamaran Spa, the only beachfront spa in San Diego. Additional activities include bicycle and water-sport rentals and the beach towns of Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, featuring a beachside boardwalk,Crystal Pier and a variety of cafés and boutiques. The Catamaran is conveniently located within 10 miles of major attractions including SeaWorld,the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego