We stayed here recently for several nights. Competent reception staff. We had a standard room, the room overlooked the parking garage, although beyond that we could just glimpse the bay. In our opinion, the ceilings on our floor of the tower made the corridors seem rather dark. The lift had some type of curtaining covering the walls. We felt our room would benefit from a refurb, in particular the bathroom, where the floor tiles had seen better days and the bath outlet and showerhead need some attention. The bathroom was wallpapered on some walls. The bed was comfortable.The room was kept clean and equipped with toiletries and plenty of towels. The young lady who served us in Moray's Bar on our first evening was very pleasant and helpful. The grounds are very pleasant with lots of trees and shrubs. I wish we had been in a position to pay for an upgrade, because I imagine the rooms on the other side of the tower to have a much better view. It is easy to get around by public transport, the bus number 8 takes you to the old town transit centre and we easily visited the USS Midway and Balbao Park from the Hotel. 7 dollars for an all day pass on the bus and trolley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa is a paradisiacal destinationon the shores of Mission Bay and mere steps from San Diego’s famous Pacific Beach. Featuring lush tropical gardens and a private beach, this Polynesian-themed hotel offers 310 guest rooms, studios or suites, each with a private balcony or patio. On-site amenities include signature restaurant Oceana Coastal Kitchen, featuring a surf and turf menu and a patio lined with tiki torches, fire pit tables and lush palms, and the Catamaran Spa, the only beachfront spa in San Diego. Additional activities include bicycle and water-sport rentals and the beach towns of Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, featuring a beachside boardwalk, Crystal Pier and a variety of cafés and boutiques. The Catamaran is conveniently located within 10 miles of major attractions including SeaWorld,the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego