“Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spaaaaahhhhh!”

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
Ranked #14 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed at The Catamaran many times. I have brought my mother there; my husband; my sister, my daughter. I have recommended the Hotel (and the Spa) every time I hear someone mention they are going to be in San Diego. From a personal, (vacationing) point of view - the property is exquisite! Immediately upon dropping your bags in your lovely, spacious room, you feel yourself easing into a slower gait, a broader smile, and a general state of relaxation. Step outside into the ever-present San Diego sunshine and temperate breeze and just notice the care that the grounds are constantly shown. The plants, the waterfowl, the gorgeous (and talented) parrots, will enamor you. There is a sidewalk behind the hotel that surrounds the bay and is perfect for your choice of walking, running, bicycling, roller-blading...I don't know...there were times I thought I could Cartwheel my way around the bay! From a business standpoint, I've had the pleasure of meeting with the very professional, knowledgeable, pleasant, and lovely Desiree Weyls, Sales Manager, to discuss the possibility (probability) of having The Catamaran host one of our Sales meetings or our International Distributor meeting. They have so much to offer our employees and clients - and they have the dual advantage of being in business long enough to know how to handle any circumstance and having young, innovative personnel to think of new ways to provide the cutting-edge, newest things! I could go on and on (and probably have....), but I think the gist of my review has been received at this point! I would just like to add one other point - EVERYTHING is within walking distance of The Catamaran - the Pacific Ocean (and some really good coffee joints) are literally across the street. There is the bay-walk that I mentioned. A fabulous burrito can be enjoyed a few doors down and there is an amusement park just blocks away. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, smiles, and the most generous and patient residents on earth are right there! Oh, yes.... in the now famous words of former "Governator", Arnold Schwarzenegger, "I'll Be Back"!

Room Tip: Request Bayside or The Tower!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,163)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the catamaran thanks to the wonderful help of the sales department especially to Corey for being so knowledgable. They answered all my questions and made the process for myself seem less. I highly recommend the Catamaran for an overall great experience.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I live locally in the area and I was encouraged by Corey Simone to go check out the water sports at the Catamaran. I walked from my house along the beautiful bike path to where the water sports are located out back by the bay. I decided would try paddle boarding and I'm so glad I did! First of all, i thought it was going to be way more expensive than it was and within a few short minutes I was out on the bay. It was such a great full body workout and I didn't even realize it! The view is spectacular and it's was so peaceful on the water. I highly recommend the water sports at the Catamaran and I can't wait to come back with friends! Thanks Corey for the great recommendation, you rock!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Although the view from our room was the parking garage, we actually grew fond of the view because the Pacific Ocean and sunsets were the vista beyond the garage. And, you don't spend much time in room at this location. Room was a nice size- but beds were doubles, not kings. Nice sofa bed. Sufficient little kitchenette. The grounds and heated pool very nice- beautifully landscaped grounds. The location is excellent- walking distance to many restaurants and shopping. And, about 2 minute walk to the beach and boardwalk along Mission and Pacific Beaches. Staff was super nice. Will return to this hotel as it was so convenient to beach, shopping, restaurants; and (in non-peak traffic times) very close drive to many San Diego destinations.

Room Tip: If you want the "great" view, ask for room in tower with view of the bay. If you don'...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We found the management of this hotel to be extremely rude and not trustworthy when they tell us one thing and then we find their word is no good. They would not stand behind their representations at all. When we tried discussing the matter, management had the nerve to yell at us, as if we were the problem! As they are confused as to who the problem really is, they need to look in the mirror. I certainly will never again do business with them. In my opinion, I cannot see why anyone would want to do business with such an organization and people.

Room Tip: I would not waste my time with any of their rooms. You can find better quality elsewhere in San Dieg...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nadine H
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have been to Pacific Beach many times, but the Catamaran has everything you want. Pristine beach by the bay,lounge chairs, umbrellas, food and drinks served to you on the beach, watercraft rentals,beach towels and fabulous views.They upgraded our room to a room with two beds, kitchen, balcony and views of San Diego lit up at night! The mattresses were so comfortable which means alot to my wife and I.The jacuzzi is large and the pool heated and they serve food and drinks there too.We enjoyed the exotic talking parrots and all the ducks.This hotel reminds me of Hawaii.The ocean is right across the street so you can have the best of both worlds -bay and beach. The staff is very friendly. We will be back. John Epp

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the bay.We like the higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

While I did not personally attend the meeting, I was responsible for all planning. Since I am out of the area and not able to visit the site, having responsive, dependable employees at The Catamaran was essential. In finding an appropriate site, Natasha Grant, the Group Sales Manager, was most helpful. Once we booked the hotel/meeting room, Daria Baxter provided us with excellent service. She was very responsive and most helpful with suggestions, and I felt confident she would be on top of everything once the meeting started--again, particularly important since I was not on site. Those attending the meeting were very pleased and noted especially the service of the staff related to the meeting facility. Also comments that the rooms were fine and clean but starting to look a little "tired" and could use some updating. But most important was the service--thank you, Natasha and Daria!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business