I have stayed at The Catamaran many times. I have brought my mother there; my husband; my sister, my daughter. I have recommended the Hotel (and the Spa) every time I hear someone mention they are going to be in San Diego. From a personal, (vacationing) point of view - the property is exquisite! Immediately upon dropping your bags in your lovely, spacious room, you feel yourself easing into a slower gait, a broader smile, and a general state of relaxation. Step outside into the ever-present San Diego sunshine and temperate breeze and just notice the care that the grounds are constantly shown. The plants, the waterfowl, the gorgeous (and talented) parrots, will enamor you. There is a sidewalk behind the hotel that surrounds the bay and is perfect for your choice of walking, running, bicycling, roller-blading...I don't know...there were times I thought I could Cartwheel my way around the bay! From a business standpoint, I've had the pleasure of meeting with the very professional, knowledgeable, pleasant, and lovely Desiree Weyls, Sales Manager, to discuss the possibility (probability) of having The Catamaran host one of our Sales meetings or our International Distributor meeting. They have so much to offer our employees and clients - and they have the dual advantage of being in business long enough to know how to handle any circumstance and having young, innovative personnel to think of new ways to provide the cutting-edge, newest things! I could go on and on (and probably have....), but I think the gist of my review has been received at this point! I would just like to add one other point - EVERYTHING is within walking distance of The Catamaran - the Pacific Ocean (and some really good coffee joints) are literally across the street. There is the bay-walk that I mentioned. A fabulous burrito can be enjoyed a few doors down and there is an amusement park just blocks away. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, smiles, and the most generous and patient residents on earth are right there! Oh, yes.... in the now famous words of former "Governator", Arnold Schwarzenegger, "I'll Be Back"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa is a paradisiacal destinationon the shores of Mission Bay and mere steps from San Diego’s famous Pacific Beach. Featuring lush tropical gardens and a private beach, this Polynesian-themed hotel offers 310 guest rooms, studios or suites, each with a private balcony or patio. On-site amenities include signature restaurant Oceana Coastal Kitchen, featuring a surf and turf menu and a patio lined with tiki torches, fire pit tables and lush palms, and the Catamaran Spa, the only beachfront spa in San Diego. Additional activities include bicycle and water-sport rentals and the beach towns of Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, featuring a beachside boardwalk, Crystal Pier and a variety of cafés and boutiques. The Catamaran is conveniently located within 10 miles of major attractions including SeaWorld,the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego