4,699 results
All reviews mission bay dave hopper exotic birds oceana restaurant banquet captain pool attendant the pacific ocean bay front tower room bahia belle great resort garden view bit dated parking garage sea world family vacation la jolla
Reviewed March 11, 2013

i live in an incredible wildlife sanctuary in the middle of town in florida. the catamaran feels and
looks the same way, but with incredible food and service and beach, family friendly! love it! walk to many restaurants and the ocean, or just walk, bike, run around the bay!

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We only stayed for a night so we didnt really get to explore the place; however based on our short stay, it was a pleasant experience. Got a good deal, thinking it's by the beach and for a saturday night stay.. The hotel crews are nice and knowledgeable of the hotel and what's around.. The place is great, very relaxing.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great place. Sara gave a great massage! I would have gone longer and the folks who were massaged before me also were raving about their experience. My friend was also given a massage. Would definitely come back! The staff were all very nice including the front desk. The grounds are incredible!

Our family of 4 stayed here and really enjoyed it -

Highlights -
Happy Hour - Fireside tables outdoors, friendly waitstaff, good appetizers and cold beer. We went daily, it was very relaxed & fun. Our kids enjoyed being outdoors & we enjoyed visiting with some locals.

Grounds - Koi ponds, parrots, turtles, ducks (great for checking out with small kids), beach right out back along with a nice long path for walks/runs.

Location - Walking distance to many excellent restaurants. Short drive to Seaworld (10 min max), Legoland (30 min), Airport (15 min max). Short drive to Garnet Street which has a TON of restaurants & shops. Surf shops everywhere, bike rentals etc. 2 Blocks from the (ocean) beach. Easy access to most locations, especially if you have a car.

Rooms - Nothing too fancy, you are not getting a 5 star resort here, but that being said - the beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean. Our room had a small kitchen (fridge, oven, stove, sink, microwave, coffee pot, dishes/silverware etc) which I didn't expect, but was very pleased to have. Bathroom showed signs of wear & was small, but functional & clean, which is what mattered to me. We got a port a crib, which I appreciate over a pack n play, and it had a nice comfy mattress on it. Temperature controls worked great. FREE internet!! OH - do know the "doubles" are not queens! They are in fact double (aka "Full") size.

We self parked for $13/day, which seemed reasonable compared to other hotels & the garage was easy to get into/out of.

The pool is great, I didn't get in, but my 4 1/2 yr old was all about it & hubby said the water was warm (it was cool while we were there). Hot tub. Arcade (didn't check it out, but it's right in the same area as the pool).

All in all - a great stay. We would stay here again for sure, the location can't be beat.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this from the beautiful pool area at the Catamaran. It is a cool breezy 55 F day but it feels about 80 F by this well designed pool. My kids are all swimming.

The grounds are lovely and the restaurant very good. Outdoor bar area overlooking the bay wonderful. The spa is nice and I have enjoyed the fitness area --which includes outdoor cardio equipment. The parking is easy and convenient. The wifi works well. It is slightly off the beaten path but you can cross the road for more action on Pacific Beach.

The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable and clean. The rooms are certainly dated and you will find some stains on the carpet and on the wallpaper in the bathroom. The tiles in the shower show their age. This has not bothered me at all given the price and the other amazing aspects which are far more important to me.

My 13 year old daughter, 21 year old son and his girlfriend are all enjoying it thoroughly. I highly recommend.

1  Thank natwill