“Million dollar views”

Capri by the Sea by All Seasons Resort Lodging
Surprise, Arizona
“Million dollar views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed on the 7th floor from Dec 26 to Jan 2. The room and location...Great! Awesome views from the living room! The kitchen is supplied all you need. The only thing I wish they would communicate that the supplies are enough to get started for a day or so then you supply your own. Bring your own towels as the ones there are small and rough. If you plan to spend more than a couple of days, bring extra toliet paper and tissues and bring paper towels if you use them. Would we go back? Yes. I would recommend this to a friend? Yes. Just would tell them what I wrote above.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kcbauman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
So. California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2009

We stayed in the timeshares which is on first level of units. The location is fantastic and the views sounds of the ocean were great. The unit we were in was only so so.....pretty worn out and the bedroom was cramped. It was a great value as a timeshare exchange so I can't complain. My wife likes a bit more luxury but we joke that a four star rating is like camping to her. I would go back in a heart beat....we had our bikes and were able to peddle all the way down to Mission Bay with the kids. The beach had a bit too much kelp on the sand and in the water but that did not stop us from having a great time. They used to allow alcohol on the beach but that was banned over a year ago and the area is less crazy than it was. There are no activities and the staff is minimal as most of the units are privately owned. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Fort Collilns, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

My husband and I stayed three nights at Capri by the Sea for our wedding anniversary. Since we had never been to San Diego before, it was hard to know what to expect. I was glad we were not on the first or second floor on the boardwalk. We were on the tenth floor in a one bedroom condominum. It was very nice, clean, and quiet, though if you opened the glass doors to the "balcony" you could hear the surf. The staff was great and we enjoyed the pool. It would have been nice to have more of a deck/balcony but in all of our walking around, I didn't see anywhere that would have been better.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Waverly1
Provo, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

We recently stayed a week at the Capri By The Sea. It is a timeshare type resort. They are all individually owned and decorated. We stayed in a 2 bedroom corner. It was very clean, and very well located. We enjoy places without maid service. I get so tired of locking up all my valuables. Now, having said that, bring your own beach towels, and for us, we brought extra bath towels. We also needed extra toilet paper. It was centrally located, and our trip to the beach was down the elevator and across the path. It is great for a family with small kids. Our particular room was very quiet. We did have a rock star drummer downstairs, but it wasn't that bad...just a few beats in the morning. Check-in was okay. The people are nice, and they just keep to themselves. I like that. That works good for us. The pool was nice. The cons were minimal, and they didn't affect us terribly, they are just something to keep in mind for your situation.

The Pros:
--Location
--Roomy
--Kitchen
--Pool
--Quiet
--No Maid service
--Warm beach wash-off before entering the building
--Security

The cons:
--Parking - we had a suburban...luckily my husband good at tight spaces
--Price was average.
--Check-in was a little strange, but not horrible. We also checked in on a weekend, so the process might be different during the week.
--Never sure what the room is going to be like.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Luv2VacationForever
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

We are baseball fans and decided to travel to San Diego to take in some Padres games (my son's favourite team) in August. There were 5 of us in total, my husband and myself, our (almost 12) year old son, my brother in law and my nephew (age 11). We have been to San Diego many times and prefer to stay at Mission Beach, right on the beach. I searched diligently for a beach front location that would be roomy enough to accommodate all of us and give us space from each other.

I lucked out when I found this place. I found it on line but phoned the company directly to make my reservation. I found the people who booked the reservation to be extremely helpful, friendly and customer-focussed. They were professional and very upfront about rules and regulations etc.

We booked a 3 bedroom, 2200 square foot penthouse condo on the 12th floor. We were able to see pictures of the unit on the internet before we booked. The pictures don't do it justice.

Check-in was efficient. We had a problem with a credit card but that didn't make them nervous or anything. They were patient while we dealt with it. They explained everything very well and were helpful.

The underground parking stall was great except that we had a big Yukon SUV and it almost didn't fit in (we had maybe a 1/2 inch to spare at the top). So if you have a big vehicle, be careful as you park underground. There were luggage carts available (we didn't need them) and the elevators were quick and efficient.

The living space itself was wonderful. This was condo 1206, or penthouse 6. There is a nice patio area (common area) outside the front door of the condo, which is furnished and is nice to relax at in the morning, as the morning sun comes there.

There were two bedrooms with two double beds each. These bedrooms do not face the ocean, but are quiet, away from the living areas and very nice. One has two large closets, the other one had a closet that was locked (presumably with owner's items). The bedroom without the closet had a little tv in it. The bedroom with the closets had a very nice attached bath, with a big shower, double sink and toilet. The bedrooms all have ceiling fans. These two bedrooms are on either side of the entrance hallway, which is also pleasant, with a bench and two chairs and a closet full of beach supplies. This was an unexpected pleasant surprise. THANK YOU!! -- to the owners. The boogie boards and beach chairs were MUCH appreciated.

One step up leads to the dining area and kitchen. The kitchen has been redone and is very nice -- granite counters (as in the bathrooms as well -- there is also a 1/2 bath in addition to the 2 full baths in this unit), stainless steel appliances, plenty of dishes, pots and pans, etc., lots of room for food, a convenient pass through to both the dining area and living room. One step down takes you from the dining area into the living room area, which has a poker table and chairs at the back. We used this area primarily for our laptops. The living area is small but comfortable and cozy with roomy furniture, a big flat screen tv and dvd player, a wall unit and sliding glass doors to the "deck" which is about a foot deep-- enough to stand on and look out. Sure -- it would have been nice to have an actual deck but it didn't really matter because with the sliding doors open, you could sit in the living room and it felt like you were outside. The beach is directly below this unit. The views day or night were terrific. Next to the dining and living areas is the master bedroom and bath. The bath is large, with a huge jacuzzi tub, a tiled shower, a toilet stall and a 2 sink vanity. There is a very large walk in closet between the bathroom and the bedroom -- and there were hangers, which was appreciated. The closet was great to store all of the suitcases and a great dressing room. The bedroom is a step down and has sliding glass doors to the "deck" and faces the ocean. There is a fairly big flat screen tv there too. The curtains block out the sun very effectively when desired.

There is wireless internet in this unit (no extra charge).

All 3 bedrooms have newly installed ceiling fans, which helped keep the rooms cool in the heat. As well, there is a screen door on the front door and you can get a cross breeze going. We had no problem with the heat but it wasn't reallly hot (high 70's) when we were there. I am told that the heat is not a problem due to the cross breeze but they did just install the ceiling fans, so I suspect it must have been a problem at some point. There was also an electric fan in the unit but we never needed it.

Outside the unit, the garbage chute down the hall was kind of grungy and smelly. The laundry facilities (common for the floor) were also not really clean, but I used the washing machine and dryer to wash towels as there is no maid service, and they cleaned well. (They are coin operated).

Make sure you bring beach towels as none are supplied.

The pool was a 1/2 block away and very warm (solar heated). It was a little dated and not as clean or new looking as parts of the condo unit itself but it was nice. We enjoyed it, except it closed a little early (9 p.m.).

The place was quiet. We had no problem with noisy neighbours or partiers or anything.

I would love to come and spend a month or more here -- 4 days was definitely not long enough -- but this is exactly the type of place you could stay in long term. Just remember, there is no one to empty your garbage or vacuum your room (a vacuum cleaner, broom etc. were provided), or make your beds or to give you fresh towels.

As far as decor of the condo went, parts of it were top-notch i.e.) the kitchen -- and other parts are less modern (the oak railing between the living room and the dining room). The floor was all tiled, but covered with large throw rugs throughout. Bedding was okay; nothing spectacular but certainly liveable. The king bed was very comfortable; the other beds were okay. The bedroom furniture didn't all match and the drawers in some of the dressers didn't work right, but who cares? There were other touches like books and magazines in some of the shelves and drawers, alarm clocks and a fair number of plug-ins. Hand soap and dishwasher soap was provided. There was also a cute care package left in each bathroom, containing samples of shampoo, conditioner, gum, body wash, and other personal care items. That was very nice.

The location is on Missouri, just north of that Pier with cottages on it. The waves and beach right outside the unit are very nice. It was very busy on the weekend. If you walk south of the hotel, you go past some beach front hotels, public washrooms and to the restaurants, beach shops and party areas. I am not sure what was north of the property. I didn't really walk north. A grocery store (Ralph's) and drug store (CVS) is about a 10 minute walk.
I will definitely recommend this place to others and look forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank xxhermxx
Denver, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Recently, my husband and I booked a week at condo 609 through Capri Beach Accommodations because you could view pictures of the rental online at their website.

Condo 609 is a 1 bedroom unit with tile and carpeting (some stains), granite countertops in kitchen and bath and fantastic oceanfront view out the living room slider.

We'd definitely stay at Capri by the Sea again, but would rent a 2 bedroom unit instead because we'd prefer a bedroom in the front facing the ocean -- our 1 bedroom faced the back.

Also, a condo without carpeting -- either tile or wood floors is the way to go considering the setting.

We did enjoy having a full size kitchen, the rooftop stainless steel gas grills and the oceanfront location at Pacific Beach.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kimika
Inland Empire, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

First of all I had great experience booking this last minute getaway with the family through Tom Overson at All Seasons Resort Lodgings. The condo unit we stayed in was newly remodled with granite countertops, travertine floors, and a flat screen tv with a home theater system. The views of the ocean and pacific beach from our room was breathtaking. It's in a great location.. just minutes from Sea world and other San Diego attractions. I would definately reccomend this property to any family looking for a fun and relaxing getaway.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family