All reviews pacific beach living room key fob corner unit beach accommodations rooftop deck second bedroom beach chairs parking spot nice furniture full kitchen pull out sofa pool and hot tub an easy drive parking garage a great place to stay condo
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Very happy with our choice. We had unit 307, and it was great. This particular unit had a well stocked closet with beach chairs, boogie boards, cooler, sand toys...etc. Not sure that each room will have these as they seem to be individually owned. Free parking, awesome beach, lots of stuff within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2013
2  Thank MN_Jeff
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The location is fabulous. Right on the boardwalk, overlooking the rolling waves, with the sound of the crashing surf. I live in San Diego, but during a week last summer at Capri by the Sea, I really FELT like I lived in San Diego. We rollerbladed, boogie boarded, had friends over to go to the beach/pool. Even though we worked during the week, we came back at the end of the day, and felt like we were on vacation.

The unit we had on the 1st floor was nicely decorated, very comfortable w/ both a queen bed and bunk bed in the bedroom (very convenient for the kids) and sofa bed in the living room (even closer to the sound of the crashing waves, but not especially comfortable - sofa beds rarely are).

Only real problem with the unit is that (at least if you're there on a timeshare exchange), it's more like renting a condo than a hotel. No daily or even weekly housekeeping service, except a change of towels and linens mid-week. Also, our microwave broke the 2nd day of our stay, and he basically told us it probably wouldn't be fixed until after we left (and it wasn't), so we were without a microwave all week, which was a bit of a pain, especially during hot August weather when we didn't want to have to use the oven. Also, no shampoo or conditioner in the unit; fortunately, I brought those. There are laundry facilities at the end of each floor.

There's a roof-top deck with a killer view in every direction, which has a BBQ grill on it and one simple picnic table and a couple simple loungers, but it looks like they really aren't encouraging people to use it, bcse there are no furnishings, decorations, or anything to make it look comfortable and inviting. And, in the summer, it's super hot w/ the sun reflecting off the roof, and there's not a single umbrella or lick of shade. Very strange. But, still a pretty awesome view.

There's free parking for 1 car, right in front (the best view of the place; strange place for a parking lot), and you can buy a week of parking for a 2nd car in a lot behind the building for $35/week (a bargain for beach parking - we did it). The pool and Jacuzzi aren't located on the beach side, but behind the building as well. It was a simple pool area, but the kids loved it, and we used it every day, especially to warm up after being in the ocean (there were showers to wash off the sand both near the garage and at the pool).

Overall, it was a great stay, loved the location and being so close to the beach, boardwalk and the fun beach nightlife. This is our second time at Capri by the Sea, and I would definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank SDTraveler01
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is one of the nicest places that we have ever stayed. Upscale furniture, absolutely all of the utensils that you could possibly want to use. Widescreen TV, wonderful beach front view, balcony, gated parking, pool, beach. Who could ask for more? Very reasonable price too.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cva3rd
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We usually spend 4 or 5 days here and try to go every year. Me and my husband sure do talk about it a lot more though. GREAT view. Every unit has one with a floor to ceiling wall of window facing the ocean. There is no balcony but open the sliding door and smell the salt water in the air and hear the waves crashing on the break. Absolutely to best on the beach. The units are condos and while not fancy they are clean, comfortable and relaxing with everything you could need and a lot of extras. The price is always right, typically much lower than surrounding hotel and vacation accommodations. The staff has always been a great pleasure to work with so we have never had a problem. An we recommend it to every one we know. There is nothing between you and the beach but a flight of stairs. Its also walking distance to many eateries (Breakfast on the beach? YES PLEASE). There was an assigned parking space in an automated secured parking garage under the building. A small pool adjacent. Security cards to use the elevator.

I really can't recommend it enough. It was a relaxing, do nothing vacation with just my husband twice and with the kids (babies) once. We live in Northern California so its about an 8 hour drive but so worth it every time.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chantelle916
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We spent 7 nights in a premium 1 Br unit on the 6th floor.

The view and the location are excellent, especially if you go surfing early in the morning.

The unit was a bit outdated but with a very well equipped kitchen just perfect for cooking full family dinners.

We really struggled with the service, which I have found to be not existent. They are supposed to service the unit in the middle of your 7days stay, after day 5, we called the reception to ask to send somebody the next day. Nobody came. After calling again the day after and ask for at list some clean towels we have been told that they had nobody to drop off some fresh towels. We had to go downstairs and get some..????

I strongly believe that when you spend $250 x 7, you should get at least a new set of towels!!!. On my arrival I also didn't appreciate the attitude of the lady telling me that if my car couldn't fit in my allocated car park, I should have parked on the road. Obviously after explaining that I actually paid for a car park in the property, her manager approved to give me another spot.

My advice: If you find a special rate($150-170) stay here, more expensive than that, stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank mjay72
Rudy C, General Manager at Capri by the Sea by All Seasons Resort Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to express your concerns. We make a concerted effort to ensure our extended stay guests are given the extra amenities they need during their stay. I apologize for our failure to expedite your requests and if it caused you to lose any time that you could've been spent enjoying this beautiful city. We hope you will come back and visit us again in the future.