Lets be clear: It's not an hotel and the appartments are privately owned.. So I guess that there could be quality variations.. We picked up a 2 bed appartment (unit 908) and were absolutely thrilled as soon as we entered the appartment:
- clean !
- fully equipped .. incl. all kitchen tools .. Kitchen equipment included large fridge (again, perfectly clean) , owen , microwave..
- Each room has it's dedicated bathroom with toilet and shower.. 1TV per room + 1 TV in the living room.
- Wifi router installed in the living room.. so you have free internet
- Living room and 1 of the sleeping room faces the beach .. With the large sliding windows, it's been a joy to watch the surfers outside..
- we felt very safe.. you're using a magnetic key to enter the building, then need to use it again to activate the lift and on top of that, there was always a receptionist or friendly security guard (night) present. Anyway, safety is not an issue as the whole area is quite lively and is very familiy friendly.
Only minor criticism: 2nd sleeping room has has got very small windows (when compared to the "other" sleeping room that faces the beach and which is absolutely gorgeous) and faces the appartment entrance where people walk by.. You might be bothered by the noise of people walking by and possibly starring into your room (although you can use blinds to shield yourself off).
Also note that there's no aircon..
If I had to return..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Capri By the Sea, an idyllic setting for your next active vacation or quiet retreat. Located just north of the historic Crystal Pier along the famous boardwalk that parallels an endless sunswept beach, guests enjoy carefree seaside living in spacious and modern 1- and 2-bedroom condominium suites. Each condo faces the ocean and offers stunning panoramic views through double-sliding glass doors and from private Juliette balconies. An endless number of dining, shopping, entertainment, and nightlife opportunities begin right outside your door and await you in nearly every direction. Three miles to the north lie the eclectic neighborhoods of La Jolla and San Diego Underwater Park. Three miles to the south you'll find Mission Bay, home to Mission Bay Park, picturebook marinas, and of course, Sea World. Wake up each morning to the sound of seabirds and gentle waves. Cook breakfast in your fully furnished kitchen, then relax in our private swimming pool or jacuzzi, or step out onto the sandy shoreline for a swim or some beachcombing. Return in the evening to prepare a meal on the outdoor grill or retire to the rooftop terrace to take in an ocean sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Capri by the Sea by All Seasons Resort Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capri By The Sea Hotel San Diego