“Very hard to beat !”

Capri by the Sea by All Seasons Resort Lodging
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Lets be clear: It's not an hotel and the appartments are privately owned.. So I guess that there could be quality variations.. We picked up a 2 bed appartment (unit 908) and were absolutely thrilled as soon as we entered the appartment:

- clean !
- fully equipped .. incl. all kitchen tools .. Kitchen equipment included large fridge (again, perfectly clean) , owen , microwave..
- Each room has it's dedicated bathroom with toilet and shower.. 1TV per room + 1 TV in the living room.
- Wifi router installed in the living room.. so you have free internet
- Living room and 1 of the sleeping room faces the beach .. With the large sliding windows, it's been a joy to watch the surfers outside..
- we felt very safe.. you're using a magnetic key to enter the building, then need to use it again to activate the lift and on top of that, there was always a receptionist or friendly security guard (night) present. Anyway, safety is not an issue as the whole area is quite lively and is very familiy friendly.

Only minor criticism: 2nd sleeping room has has got very small windows (when compared to the "other" sleeping room that faces the beach and which is absolutely gorgeous) and faces the appartment entrance where people walk by.. You might be bothered by the noise of people walking by and possibly starring into your room (although you can use blinds to shield yourself off).

Also note that there's no aircon..

If I had to return..

Room Tip: note that appartments are privately owned.. Can only talk about unit 908 which is a double-bedroom f...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank OCH_10

Reviewed May 19, 2012

The first two floors of the capri are for timeshare renters. Even on the first floor you will have a great view of the pacific Ocean and the beach.The rooms have been updated and really nice and clean. After reading some of the previous reviews, i was frankly quite worried about my choice of properties. I can honestly say that I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the accommodations were. Security is extremely tight, which was fine by me. I found the staff to be pleasant but not extremely friendly. There are many restaurants within walking distance so you would only need the car for sightseeing around San Diego. I would not hesitate to visit the Capri again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank darrowc449
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at the Capri by the Sea, Unit 604, for our family vacation. The Condo building is in a great location right on the ocean. The view from our unit was OUTSTANDING! We woke up to watch dolphins, and surfers, every morning. There are tons of great restaurants within walking distance of the building (be sure to stop by Kono's for breakfast or lunch, and Mad Dogs!) and all of San Diego's main attractions are within a fairly close driving distance. The condo building is secure and depending on the unit, should have parking. The pool is a very short walk away from the building and kept warm enough for even a 16 month old to enjoy. As for Unit 604, the owners Laura and Michael were great to deal with. They were quick with email replies and easy to contact. The condo floors weren't up to my high level standard of clean and Laura sent the cleaning staff out promptly to fix the issue. The condo is equiped with most everything you would be used to in your own home. We loved our stay at The Capri by the Sea and if we find ourselves in San Diego again in the future, we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Anne0014
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is the most friendliest Dog town you will ever see. cold in the am and at night but absolutely breath taking at all times. You can see the pier to the down town lights from a corner view room. We had room 601 and I will stay there again when we travel to San Diego. Must see and stay

Room Tip: Cant really rate the fitness center or Room service this was a condo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dunlee
ASRLodging, General Manager at Capri by the Sea by All Seasons Resort Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I loved this condo! Seems like it was the only highrise condo no Pacific Beach, and the views were breath taking. Falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean...amazing. The condo was updated, with a nice kitchen and a second bedroom with two extra beds. It was very clean and the service was always prompt (it was turned down daily). Walking distance to tons of bars, restaurants and feet away from the beach. The hotel manager/GM (Rudy) was very helpful with any questions we had for him and check in was very easy. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Just ask to make sure the room is update.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Adam V
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The view was AWESOME! I had done enough research on this place that I was willing to risk getting a crappy room...well, I got exactly what I dreaded, but the view made it bearable. My family (of 4) and I spent five days in room 311. This review really is more for that room than it is for other rooms in the building (so take that into consideration).

Room 311 was nicely decorated with a beach theme, though it was DATED.

Cons:
The room only came with 3 bath towels-you have to wash them in the coin op laundry if you want them fresh, two single wash dishwasher detergent, no cleaning supplies (to clean up after cooking), two hand towels, a roll of very cheap paper towel (that might as well be toilet paper), one spare garbage bag. These things REALLY bothered me--but, especially the 3 towels for 4 people and two wash dishwasher detergent supply...that was just mean.

We were situated on the 3rd floor, and though the view was nice (low enough to see the beach, the palm trees, and part of the boardwalk; rather than being up higher and only see the water; or too low to be seen by passerby's), we had to deal with party noise from the next building, but this was only for one night and it didn't last for very long. Also, the other big reason for us getting this place is the fact that it has a kitchen; which was decently stocked with utensils and cookware, however, I quickly discovered that they were not all the clean. In fact, I had to scrub down whatever crap was on the baking sheet because I needed it for something.

Pros:
Awesome view for the money, comfortable bed, good size living room, two beach chairs, a Styrofoam cooler (which we did not get a chance to use), a beach bag, free use of computer/printer. The building was close to everything and a lot of bars, but far enough to not have to deal with the people partying--if you don't want that kind of stuff.

We got the Go San Diego Pass, so we were up really early and back really late, so every time I need to get a hold of their customer service, they are no longer there and had to deal with their not so helpful security staff. However, the one day I needed their CS and they were there, they were very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Hubby and I plan on coming back here for a more laid back vacation (no Go San Diego Pass to kick our butts). I better get good service and a good room next time, or they get to deal with a cranky part of me.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Maybelle A
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Loved the view and the location. Endless views of surfers- pods of dolphins and sand.

The condo wasn't very clean. Kitchen glassware and serving dishes had to be washed before we used them- pop corn left in a dish in the cupboard. Bathroom clean. The carpet in the condo was appalling. Numerous dirty spots that were not recent. Living room was not vacummed before we got there- I swept pieces of food/small papers under the couch and loveseat. Never went barefoot on the carpeted areas.

Excellent parking. Although the pool was a little ways away- loved it- well maintained.

Room Tip: Every room has a commanding view of the ocean. Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple