“Best Deal in The Market”

Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina
Ranked #20 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reno, Nevada
“Best Deal in The Market”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Reserved a 2 bed deluxe room through Southwest airlines web site.
Check in was a breeze, The room 525 in the Casa Del Mar building was huge,
We were there for my sons graduation from MCRD. So with my two daughters and my wife the bathroom was even a bigger surprise with the commode and shower having privacy from the vanity area was very convenient with 4 people always rushed to get ready.
Not to mention the room has 2 lounge chairs, a dinner table and 4 chairs a Frig Microwave and a 20 ft balcony with chairs that overlooked the bay. We were sorry that we were so busy with events at the MCRD that we couldn't explore the rest of the properties amenities.
We will stay again. I highly recommend this property especially for families,

Room Tip: Casa Del Mar building on the bayside is my only experience and its great..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mike v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (797)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2014

If I have to write a review every time I stay at a BW, I may think twice about staying there. This is wasting a lot of my time. If I have to answer anything else it will be just to please trip advisor and will have nothing to do with the Hotel. Or blah blah blah. Is that enough characters now?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

San Diego, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This place is great! The rooms are very nice and extra large and extremely clean. After staying here, I am now going to consider having a retirement party at this hotel. The staff was very nice, cheerful and polite. The harbor view is beautiful. The price is very reasonable for this location and it is close to all the major attractions in San Diego - plenty to do nearby. I almost hate to let the secret out about how wonderful this hotel is.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Carey R
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was one of the nicest BW Hotels we've ever stayed at. Scenic views of the marina and tropical décor in the lobby area was a hi-lite of our stay here! Very good breakfast in the on-site restaurant. Staff were friendly, courteous and very helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank terriwithani2016
Ramona, California
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed there one night in January. At check in, I was greeted by the staff and thankfully acknowledged as a Diamond member. The desk agent told me that he had already upgraded us to a Marina view suite. The room was very nice, quiet, and quite comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank EBriz
Los Banos, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I really enjoyed watching the bay all week . I had my 8 year old nephew to entertain without a car and having a view of the base was exciting for us. I liked that we had bikes to ride. The beach down the way was nice not too many people so it was like having our own beach.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Suzanne W
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 5, 2014

USCRI just finished our annual meeting at the Island Palms. As I said to the Director of Sales I have absolutely no complaints nor did I receive any from the 35 people attending the meeting for a week, which is quite astounding!! Everything about this meeting went smoothly - from the initial contract to the last invoice. Some of the things I particularly appreciated as a meeting organizer, was getting a response to every email I sent within 30 minutes, even with the different time zones, as well as genuine helpfulness on late registrants, room choice and menu planning. Everything was well above our expectations. All staff were friendly, had been briefed about the group and went out of their way to assist with any question. I suddenly asked for a microphone five minutes before meeting start and it was provided, tested and functioning within minutes.
Instead of complaints I received compliments on the food and rooms. I highly recommend this treasure of a hotel for your next corporate meeting!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business