4,046 results
All reviewscasa del mar buildingblue wavefishing piernavy shipspoint lomajunior suitewalking pathwater viewhotel restauranttennis courtshot tubfull kitchenshort driveclose to the airportsea worldcoffee makerthe san diego area
Reviewed June 17, 2011

It was my families 1st vacation in the US, so I was delighted that our 1st hotel of the trip was so hospitable and enjoyable to stay in.
The room was large, comfortable (the beds were fantastic), with a large bathroom attached. The room had a "clean" feel to it and the balcony outside faced the marina.
The only slight criticism would be that the balcony (on the ground floor) was next to a washroom used by the marina. This however did not detract from our stay.
Staff were friendly and helpful and given the opportunity we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room to the rear.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ColiniNorfolkUK
Reviewed June 15, 2011

been there after my trip from Disney Anaheim, driven for close to 4 hours before reaching San Diego.... (some stop overs for sight seeing and meals!!)

Room
One word, AWESOME room and location, the bed is great!
TV is huge 40" LCD screen, coupled with HD contents really make my stay worthwhile!

Location
Quiet and my room is opposite the bay area. Sea gulls and occasional boats will pass thru the area. Car is a must.
At night the hotel area is peaceful and no worries about noise.

View
Do not bother getting rooms with views cos you can move around the hotel easily and admire the views around it :)

Suggestive Improvements
Have a bigger Best Western logo for easy recognition.

Meals
Didn't try their breakfast or dinner in hotel hence I cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: Got this room last minute a day before! good luck!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank soochie
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Best Western Island Palms on our honeymoon on the recommendation of one of my co-workers. At first I didn't think a Best Western would be nice enough for our honeymoon (we had money to spend and wanted something nicer than we can usually afford), but after looking at their website, we were excited to stay there. We were not disappointed! There are three sections to this hotel: Island Palms, Casa Del Mar, and Casa Marina. We stayed in the Island Palms section, which is a bit older but has a very charming atmosphere. We had a beautiful, comfortable suite with a huge patio and a lovely view of the marina. The staff members we encountered were courteous. The grounds are gorgeous and the hotel is very close to Sea World, Balboa Park, the San Diego Maritime Museum, the USS Midway, and more. The only negative comment I can make is that in the future we won't be paying for the breakfast package. The food was good but pricey and service was on the slow side. We would have been just as happy getting something at the McDonald's or Starbucks a block or two away. We'll definitely be staying at this hotel again, though!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chiwawa4556
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at this great hotel in May for our anniversary on a quick overnight stay in beautiful San Diego. The location is great being right in the marina and all. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the grounds were lovely with 2 pools in different areas. A good thing to know ahead of time is that this resort used to be 3 seperate resorts and now is one so it is very sprawling and each building area is definitely different in its age and style. We had a ground level room with little patio area facing the marina in the Casa del Mar building which was great. A very tropical/caribbean flair to the decor. My only complaint was my first impression coming down the hallways was "This building must be oid". It was a little rundown and not as clean (especially the windows and doors) as I would have expected. However, our family stayed in the newer building, Casa Marina, which, I must admit, was nicer as it was very modern and fresh. The restaurant was great! My husband said it was the best steak he ever had and that is quite the complement! The hotel next door has live concerts throughout the year--some big names so that would be worth checking out too. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be staying here again if we get back down to San Diego!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank sunnygirl0524
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Nicest hotel I have stayed at in San Diego. Beautiful location. Clean modern and very spacious suite in the Casa Del Mar building. Good value for money

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple