WINNER WONDERLAND

BEST WESTERN Seven Seas
Ranked #135 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Easy check in, clean rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I checked in for one night over a July weekend and found the staff at the front desk to be very helpful. The clerk asked me where I'd prefer my room and I asked for somewhere quieter. She was able to put me in a room further away from the pool/stairs which was very great. The room was clean and smoke free as promised. The AC also worked very well. I would recommend earplugs if you go to bed early or want to sleep in, as other guests come back late and leave earlier for the near by attractions. During the night I couldn't hear anything from either neighboring room which was very nice!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank Stacie A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Dimas, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We booked a room here and it was not what they said it would be. They advertisted it would be a double room and it was a single room with double beds. We asked why they would do that and they blamed booking.com. I called booking.com and they confirmed that everything put on their website is from the hotels themselves. It was an hour of going back and forth over the room that we paid for and didn't receive. They put us in a room that smelled of B.O.. I'm happy that booking.com was able to get us a refund and to a better hotel (Courtyard by Marriott). Which was only two hotels away and just $20 more. I will be sure to tell everyone I can not to book a room here.

Room Tip: A different hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Charles M

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Stockton, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I am being nice rating this place average, this hotel is stuck in the 70s as far as decor, the room noise from room to room is bad, everytime your neighbor open and closed thier door it felt like they were in your room, not good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Sid C
Anaheim, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Nice facility and staff. Center of all San Diego attractions. Great location. Check at noon which was appreciated. Comfortable bed and my room was very quiet. Will consider staying there again. San Diego is a great place for vacations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank Mousiedog W
Thousand Oaks, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed one night, on a business trip. Tried to get a late check out which was declined, even when I offered to pay for it. Said they were too busy. Ok, I understand. I called the same day to book the night's stay as I was in a hurry. I was quoted $134.00, I had checked a couple of days before online and it was 89.00 so was surprised. The staff member said well it might be less on line. So I went back online and got a AAA rate of $90.00! Oh well glad I had checked as would have been upset if I had paid that much more. Room was ok, a bit small but as it was only myself that was fine. Shower in the morning was lukewarm. Room was quiet, was on the 2nd floor in 300 building. Pool looked nice but I did not use it.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from highway. I did not see any elevators, so get bottom floor if you don't li...
Green Features: I have no idea what you are asking here. I only stayed one night so I i saw notes about reusing sheets and towels. Most hotels do that anyway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank eabarrdvm
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

One word to describe or experience...HORRIBLE! We booked the hotel through Hotwire.com. Best Western gave us a one queen size bed room for my husband, my two children and I. They would not work with me to change my accommodations and kept blaming hotwire for the 1 bed booking. To make our horrible long story short, after many attempts with Best Western and Hotwire.com, my son slept on the floor the first night and my husband, daughter and I slept on the queen bed. To compound our experience, the second night a giant bug was running around in our room and we were not able to catch it, so all 4 of us slept on the queen bed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Laila S
bw7seasMGR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Seven Seas, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Laila S.,
Thank you for you review and for being our guest. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we're sorry to read that you had an unsatisfactory stay. We do our best to accommodate every request from our guests. Unfortunately we were unable to satisfy for your request for a room with two beds due to the fact that your Hotwire reservation was for one bed and the hotel was full during your stay. Hotwire does not guarantee room types and if we had the accommodations during your stay, we certainly would have taken care of your request. Thank you again for your review and we do welcome the opportunity to be of service to you and your family during your next visit to San Diego.

Best Western Seven Seas Management & Staff
Santa Clarita, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Rooms very small compared to other Best Westerns I have stayed in. Rooms seemed to have been designed for one King bed not two Queen beds. 200 characters: la la la la, how annoying I am not writing a doctoral dissertation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family