“good for business trip”

GreenLeadersBronze level
NORTHRIDGE
“good for business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

needed a room for 3 nights for business thu-sat so, after combing dozens of hotels, paid 350 which is a rip-off but its either $500++ or 75/night for murder zone/crackhead properties.

FRONT DESK: Greeted nicely, gave me a room in the #100s. Noticed it was right above very noisy and busy pool, immediately requested one far away, and they stick me it the back of the property in 400-block. That's fine with me, quieter area; if you want to, oh, I don't know, sleep at nights, DO NOT STAY IN 100-rooms.

ROOM: Its compact, but functional, clean and has everything you need; a fridge, a clean hair free toilet and bath tub, nice size bed, good but loud a/c right next to bed, couldn't turn on and sleep, open-able window with screen, free WIRELESS wifi which works good, a substandard tv with crappy picture. Lots of closet space with hangers. Some complained about bugs nothing in my room, a nice welcome after I have cold-sore-like bites on my ankles from my friends stupid patio. They have bottles of water for 2.50, just bring your own stock up in fridge no-brainer. 400-500 rooms, away from freeway noise, but do hear the car alarms clicking, motors running, door slamming shut and open, rolling luggage carts etc. always some kinda noise double edged sword for parking right outside your room. Room smells like mildew big time though. Wanted to sleep with window screen open, but noisy outside even in the back and light sleeper so had to sleep with everything closed and a/c off.

LOCATION: I cant comment on this because, this whole city is a twisted zoo for me. If I didn't have navigation, I would end up in Mexico. Its was very trying even looking for a major supermarket or an established fast food place, I stayed close because its so god-damn dark in this city and the freeways, roads, and exits remind me of twister. Never seen so many over and underpasses intertwined in my life.

VALUE: Anything over $85 night max is too much, they take advantage of summer-time travelers. I am sure prices are around 1/2 during week and winter days. As I said paid 117/night on average, too pricey for a location not close to beach or that doesnt have a view of anything.

Its a solid choice just pricey but everywhere that you don't need a bullet proof vest in this area is pricey, so a good choice for business maybe a bit too far from beach but then again probably $500/night anywhere near that area. Wish I was rich I can stay at those pads....sigh

ON SITE RESTAURANT: didn't try because I didn't wanna spend $20+/meal, so no comment. Room comfort is pretty decent though, slept well.
If you come with expectations this is a paradise getaway ritzy typa place your not realistic. For what it is it does the job.

Room Tip: do not book rooms in 100's unless you want noisy pool keeping you up get 400-500 rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GGZOLA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a nice stay at this hotel. The staff were helpful especially when we needed to borrow scissors and when we had to get the lock on my suitcase removed by force.

The room was adequate in size for the three of us. The bathroom was a little old but it was clean. The free wifi was great and there was ample parking outside our unit.

If we needed somewhere to stay in San Diego and we were on a budget we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
O'fallon, Missouri, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Room was very clean but small. It appeared to be an older property but was being updated. The TV never worked during our stay. It was reported but we never saw maintenance during our time there (explain that to an 8-year old). The airport shuttle driver was very courteous and helpful!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tucson
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked this for myself, my husband and our 2 children. The room was SOOO small we could barely move when the 4 of us were in the room. The bathroom was old and dirty, the bed was hard and uncomfortable and it was very noisy. Although we were in a non-smoking room, there were people up and down the balcony smoking away all day and night. We requested a larger room, which they didn't have, a room on the first floor -since there is no elevator - and they didn't have that either. Luckily, we were gone most of the day on the 2 days we booked but the time in the room was incredibly uncomfortable. This room is not suitable for a couple, let alone a couple with 2 small children.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here if you plan on having more than 2 people(including children/babies etc) i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bw7seasMGR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Seven Seas, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Katie,

Thank you so much for your comments. We apologize that our rooms did not live up to your standards and that we were not able to suit your requests. Our rooms with two beds are all the same size unless you pay to upgrade to a room with two queen beds when we have availability. During summer our hotel is sold out on most nights, and we do our best to accommodate everyone at the property. Please except our apologies and we hope you enjoyed the rest of you travels.

Kind Regards,

Joe Toczylowski
Best Western Seven Seas
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

First of all I read the bad reviews but my experience was good. My room was small but very clean and I had no bad smells. The A/C worked well and it was not loud. Bed was comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows, nice flat screen TV and a small fridge. The hotel has a nice pool area with a hot tub. There is no free breakfast but I ate breakfast there both mornings and found the food to be good. The staff in the restaurant were not the best. They were pleasant and did their job but they didn't go above and beyond. The young lady who checked me in was awful but the young lady who checked me out was awesome, so I have mixed reviews on the staff. Overall I liked this hotel for the price, location and free parking. There is also a free shuttle to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. I would stay here again

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have mobility issues ask for the ground floor. Rooms in the back ar...
1 Thank cbostwick
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've stayed here three times. Bed is comfy. Bar/Restaraunt is decent...for dinner and drinks .Breakfast is marginal. service for Breakfast is terrible. Rooms smell...and the smell stays with you. Mildewy,musty old hotel smell. A/C was loud and rattled. I was in a non smoking area but didn't stop other guests from smoking on the balcony outside which came into my room. Lots of tourists whihc is to be expected in this area...but for a business traveler who wants a little quiet (and no smell)...I wouldn't recommend this . I cut my stay in half and moved to another hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms are as quiet as the next except for poolside which is of course noisier. All smell terribl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
bw7seasMGR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Seven Seas, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Leslie,

Thank you so much for your comments. We agree that you should have excellent service at all times and we apologize that our breakfast staff did not live up to your expectations. In regards to the room smell, we will definitely be passing this information along to our housekeeping staff so we can try and correct the matter. We hope the rest of your travels went smoothly.

Kind Regards,