“Stay was ok.”

Ranked #138 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Room was very clean but small. It appeared to be an older property but was being updated. The TV never worked during our stay. It was reported but we never saw maintenance during our time there (explain that to an 8-year old). The airport shuttle driver was very courteous and helpful!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked this for myself, my husband and our 2 children. The room was SOOO small we could barely move when the 4 of us were in the room. The bathroom was old and dirty, the bed was hard and uncomfortable and it was very noisy. Although we were in a non-smoking room, there were people up and down the balcony smoking away all day and night. We requested a larger room, which they didn't have, a room on the first floor -since there is no elevator - and they didn't have that either. Luckily, we were gone most of the day on the 2 days we booked but the time in the room was incredibly uncomfortable. This room is not suitable for a couple, let alone a couple with 2 small children.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here if you plan on having more than 2 people(including children/babies etc) i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
bw7seasMGR, General Manager at Best Western Seven Seas, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Katie,

Thank you so much for your comments. We apologize that our rooms did not live up to your standards and that we were not able to suit your requests. Our rooms with two beds are all the same size unless you pay to upgrade to a room with two queen beds when we have availability. During summer our hotel is sold out on most nights, and we do our best to accommodate everyone at the property. Please except our apologies and we hope you enjoyed the rest of you travels.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

First of all I read the bad reviews but my experience was good. My room was small but very clean and I had no bad smells. The A/C worked well and it was not loud. Bed was comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows, nice flat screen TV and a small fridge. The hotel has a nice pool area with a hot tub. There is no free breakfast but I ate breakfast there both mornings and found the food to be good. The staff in the restaurant were not the best. They were pleasant and did their job but they didn't go above and beyond. The young lady who checked me in was awful but the young lady who checked me out was awesome, so I have mixed reviews on the staff. Overall I liked this hotel for the price, location and free parking. There is also a free shuttle to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. I would stay here again

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have mobility issues ask for the ground floor. Rooms in the back ar...
1  Thank cbostwick
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've stayed here three times. Bed is comfy. Bar/Restaraunt is decent...for dinner and drinks .Breakfast is marginal. service for Breakfast is terrible. Rooms smell...and the smell stays with you. Mildewy,musty old hotel smell. A/C was loud and rattled. I was in a non smoking area but didn't stop other guests from smoking on the balcony outside which came into my room. Lots of tourists whihc is to be expected in this area...but for a business traveler who wants a little quiet (and no smell)...I wouldn't recommend this . I cut my stay in half and moved to another hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms are as quiet as the next except for poolside which is of course noisier. All smell terribl...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
bw7seasMGR, General Manager at Best Western Seven Seas, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Leslie,

Thank you so much for your comments. We agree that you should have excellent service at all times and we apologize that our breakfast staff did not live up to your expectations. In regards to the room smell, we will definitely be passing this information along to our housekeeping staff so we can try and correct the matter. We hope the rest of your travels went smoothly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Well first of all there was a dead cricket in the bathroom and also the freakin toilet paper was only like ten feet away from the toilet. Also there was another live cricket on the wall which I had to viciously murder just to make it shut up. And also there's some weird stain on the ceiling which is really bugging me because I can't figure out how someone managed to step on a bug while it was on the up there.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Staff and managment very inconsiderate, the rooms are very small and I saw review of the rooms not stinking well my experience was totally opposite, the room had a smell and the sheets had some kind of stain. We asked to be moved so they did and still a smell,(not sure what the problem was) but atleast the sheets were clean until I noticed the towels were soaking wet still on the bathroom floor... shake my head who hires managment these days....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
bw7seasMGR, General Manager at Best Western Seven Seas, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Jason,
Thank you so much for your review. We agree that you should have outstanding service provided to you at all times, and we apologize that our service and rooms did not live up to your expectations. We will definitely pass these comments along to our housekeeping department so that they can take the proper steps in resolving the matter.