“Convenient and affordable”

Best Western Seven Seas
Ranked #145 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 10, 2012

It appears to be a remade motel but it's upgraded enough to make it a great deal. On sale for less that $80 and very close to all attractions. Room a little musty and air conditioner spelt a tad bit off but overall clean. Although I didn't use amenities there's a cafe, laundry service on site and lots of free parking. Bed linens are white and appear very clean.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Seven Seas

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is clean. It's not modern but they are clean. Not many outlets which was ok because it was only my boyfriend and daughter however if it would of been all girls it would of been terrible. If you need to blow dry your hair you need to unplug the fridge so you can only use one appliance if you're getting ready. The bed had clean sheets. However the mattress was so HARD. My back hurts and my boyfriends back is killing him. I will definitely need to get adjusted. If it wasn't because of the beds I would stay again but never will I stay there because I mean you get a hotel to SLEEP and I did not sleep well at all. We regret staying there. Overall it is an ok hotel for the price and if you like super rock beds then go for it.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights for a stop in to see family before heading to work in Tijuana. It's clean. Check-in was a bit of a fiasco, but manageable. I'm not one to pick things apart. Overall a 3+. The bed was comfy, clean and quiet-except for the a/c.
Worth the price.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The runt of Best Western's litter. And this was vacation! Disappointments from the git-go: Stopped-up sink, broken electric outlet, faulty faucet, frayed carpets and warped doors. The cold water quit one night, the soda machine was broken, and even the bartender turned us away--he was sold out. The place stank. Remind us never to call again.

rwdenver@aol.com

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was pleasanty surprised that the room did not smell musty from the humidity. My room was clean, and nicely appointed; very comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very helpful, even with my luggage! The restaurant staff was great; especially Patrick, Javier, Armando, Ina, and Senad. The night barmaid on Thursday 09/18, (I believe her name is Betsy (she is short, very thin, with short red hair) was very rude. I was sitting at the counter and asked my waiter, Senad, for a Belvedere on the rocks with a twist, she jerked around from the kitchen window and harshly said "We don't have Belvedere!" she didn't bother to offer anything else. I asked for Grey Goose with a twist; repeated it twice so she could hear. When she brought the drink, no twist; I had to ask her twice again before she said "I didn't hear you." When she did bring the lemon on a napkin one piece was very old and slimey, the second piece, a twist, was dry . I asked her to give me a piece of lemon served with ice tea; shse didn't bother to make a twist; and acted as if I was bothering her. She was, however, very attentive to the male customers!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Charlotte G
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in room 128. Very nice room with king size bed. Very clean and updated. Smelled like new carpet. Staff was very friendly. Located near beaches and attractions. We did not eat at the restaurant. We were traveling down the coast. This was the nicest hotel we stayed in on our trip and by far the cheapest. It is nothing luxurious, but if you are looking for a family friendly and clean place to stay, this works!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LovetheSun857
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night for chargers game. Close walk to trolley. Nice clean rooms. Has a restaurant and bar in main lobby area. Good food and very friendly staff. They have a free shuttle from the airport plus certain attractions they take you to for free also. Would definitely stay here ahain

• Stayed: September 2012