“YATCH HARBOR DROPS THIS REVIEW”

Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel
Ranked #86 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have always stayed at the Yatch Harbor when in San Diego, and wrote excellent reports because they deserved it. This time, a couple a flaws; one was the bed, horrible, felt like a hammock, laid on the edge, and rolled to the center, you had to fight your way uphill to get to the edge. Breakfast, coffee and items were not replaced constant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hector P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Friday night just after 2am a party bus arrived at hotel for what appeared to be a pit stop so everyone could use the bathroom. Bus idled for over 20 minutes with loud offensive music and drunk swearing before I went down to complain.

When I went down to complain to front desk - I was told "they are just leaving" now 15 minutes later the bus is still idling. Having worked in the hotel industry I do know the front desk could ask the driver to turn off the vehicle or leave. I even pointed out to desk staff that the people were smoking drugs down the hall .... And got a "you can call the police if you have your own phone".

Will not recommend hotel to anyone with children for a weekend stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Heather O
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Only minor complaints by my wife...comfort of the bed and timeliness of refreshing the room on day 2. Wish we would have had a better view. NBD. Everything else was top of the mark. Good restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We found a bed bug on the blanket of the bed just as we were about to get in bed for the night. When we reported it the desk clerk lacked concern. He said they could change our room. I asked if they would find us another hotel. There were several hotels around. He called the manager and then told us that she would not let him use a "walk letter". When I told him to call the manager and say that was not acceptable, he said that the manager told him not to call her back and he said that she was pretty pissed that he had called in the first place. We ended up checking out. When I said that I trust they would not charge us for the night, he said he could not speak to that and that I would have to call the manager...the one that did not want to be bothered. Given the holiday weekend, were unable to find another hotel, so we had to drive home from San Diego to Los Angeles, in the middle of the night. We took pictures of the bed bug and also put it in a small plastic bag and gave it to the desk clerk. He did not even want to touch the bag! I cannot believe that they treat their customers this way. I will never stay in a Best Western ever again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Linda K
seacap, Manager at Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your response and first I would like to apologize for the communication that occurred between you and the front desk agent assisting you. I think it is clear from my management responses below to both positive and negative reviews, that I care very much about communicating with my guests and trying to help/solve any guest satisfaction situation. I understand that you felt the situation wasn't dealt with appropriately once I was contacted, and I apologize for that as I wish I was at the property when this all happened, but it was a Saturday night at 11:30pm and I was off. Our property is monitored for any bed bug activity on a monthly basis and preventative treatment is administered. I was able to confirm Monday that there is in fact no activity present in that room and a cross check was done on rooms above, next to, and below which is the industry standard. I apologize once again for the miscommunication that occurred as I did answer the phone to learn the situation and try to provide some kind of help, however, you let the agent know that moving to an other room was not an option. I hope you choose to return for another stay to experience all of the wonderful things we have to offer and the superior customer service we are known for, as noted in the many positive reviews below.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is an OK hotel near the San Diego Airport. It is an average hotel in every way. Clean, and pretty basic. A good place to stay before or after a flight. It is a reasonably priced hotel and does include breakfast. We were able to park our car in a covered garage while we were on our trip. The hotel shuttle only runs from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. On our return flight, we had to take a taxi to the hotel at a cost of $15.00. It is only a short distance from Old Town San Diego.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moonstone07
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

FRONT OF THE MARINA, best location, super easy to get out, accesible to everything. Very clean, nice costumer service, parking, breakfast, comfortable bed and room, bathroom very clean and nice, in front have places to go to eat, very nice

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lulupr81
seacap, Manager at Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your quick yet thorough response! I am glad that our free amenities worked out for you including the parking and breakfast and I am glad that you enjoyed the room and spectacular location. We are in the midst of making several room upgrades so hopefully on your next visit you will be able to appreciate those changes as well! I will share with my staff that they are keeping up the super customer service we are known for and again, thank you for your response.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed one night and parked our car there for a week while we flew to Mexico. Reminded us of a modern, European boutique hotel--didn't seem like a cookie cutter chain hotel. Nice harbor front location. Note that the hotel shuttle to/from airport only runs until 5pm.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our Park and Cruise offers as we love our cruisers and provide complimentary shuttle transportation to and from the cruise port on arrival and departure. We are also looking into extending the shuttle hours so thank you for feedback regarding its hours. Lastly, I am glad that you enjoyed the true character of this unique hotel and its beautiful harbor front location. It is a true gem here in San Diego and we strive to be different than all of the other chain hotels in the area.