We stayed three nights post Panama Canal cruise. I called beforehand to ask if shuttle picked up at cruise port and was told to call hotel from courtesy phone outside pier building, which is what we did. We were picked up within 10 minutes.
It was too early to check in but staff stored bags in locked storage room. We spent time walking around the harbor, scouting places to eat and walked to Shelter Island.
We were able to check in about 2 p.m. We got a sixth floor, king sized bed, harbor view room that we booked. The room was clean and spacious with fridge, microwave and coffeemaker.
The breakfast room is small and was very crowded when we were there. Too many families making waffles for the kids, so we grabbed coffees, fruit and muffins and sat on the front patio. Coffee, apples and sometimes cookies are available in the lobby 24 hours.
We caught the bus on Rosecrans Street which is a main road near the hotel. It travels to Old Town transit station where you can catch a bus or trolley to anywhere in the greater S.D. Area. An all day pass cost $7 each. We travelled to Coronado Island, the Mexican border and La Jolla using public transit.
We printed boarding passes ( no charge) and booked the shuttle to the airport the day before leaving. Our driver was so friendly and helpful. Overall, we were happy we'd chosen this hotel because the value is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Harbor views and a great location. New owners have completed millions of dollars in renovations including exterior and public areas and significant room upgrades. With new Sealy mattresses, new drapes and shears, upgraded linens and towels, new bath fixtures and fresh colors on the walls we think you will enjoy our new look and feel in our rooms. Still to come - new furniture and televisions and new meeting rooms. We have smaller budget minded rooms and larger harbor and pool view rooms. Something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Posada San Diego
- Best Western Yacht Harbor San Diego
- Best Western San Diego