“Great hotel, great service!”

Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel
Ranked #86 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed December 5, 2012

There are a lot of great perks to this hotel! Check-in was smooth and the person behind the desk was very pleasant. Rooms were a good size, clean, and the beds were VERY comfy. There was a terrific view of the harbor and we loved the coffee, tea, and warm cookies in the lobby. It was also nice to be so close to downtown without actually having to BE downtown. Great hotel! Will be staying here when we come back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The room was very nice and clean with a lovely view of the yacht harbor. I always approach hotel beds with trepidation, but we were so pleasantly surprised. Both of us slept like we were at home, no tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable position. It was all good. Also the best hotel pillows - enough fill to keep your head at a comfortable level either on your back or your side. We would reccomend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank VICKI P
seacap, Manager at Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your response about your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that you slept well and enjoyed our new mattress and pillow choices that we have put in the rooms. They are a great addition to our in room features and we all know how much sleep affects one's stay at a hotel. I look forward to your next stay and if there is anything I can do further, please contact me at Ankanovasic@yachtharborhotel.com.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I ended up at this hotel after changing hotels. My first hotel was not great so I looked for a better option. The hotel was a reasonably priced place with free internet, parking, and continental breakfast. The rooms are large and offer a microwave and fridge. All rooms have a patio and floor to ceiling windows though views differ depending where you are in the hotel. I would recommend not paying for a harbor view as it is the same view only on a higher floor, and you can see the harbor from a regular pool view room. There is a small pool, hot tub, and fitness room as well. The hotel could upgrade some of its soundproofing, but overall it was quiet and peaceful. There are food options a short drive away, and downtown and tourist attractions are close by. For San Diego, $~100/night is a very reasonable rate, especially when it includes parking, internet, and a continental breakfast. I would recommend this hotel for both families and business travelers.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms offer a nice view. Harbor view rooms are more expensive and just on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank PsychRN12
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed a few days with my daughter in a lovely harbor-view room with comfy beds, a gorgeous panorama of the harbor, great cleanliness and super service from the staff who helped my daughter find a lost earring. Decent breakfast and coffee plus cookies in the lobby all day. Did some traveling. Then, a few days later I stayed alone in a cheaper room before my early morning flight back to the East Coast. Sent first to the wrong room, then to a dirty room before finally getting settled...rock-hard beds, toilet paper holder torn off the wall, and didn't get my 4 am wake up call. Luckily, since the bed was so uncomfortable, I was awake all night and got to my plane in time.

Room Tip: Top price room with harbor view was lovely - the cheaper room I stayed in later could have been in...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank circa1910
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked this hotel for two nights through Booking.com before our 30-day cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific. We got what I thought was a reasonable rate, about $100 a night, but I mistakenly thought it was directly across from the cruise terminal. I was wrong, but it turned out not to matter. Since we drove to S.D. instead of flying, we took a huge amount of luggage; if we had been right across the street, we would have had to leapfrog our luggage across the road. But Yacht Harbor has a shuttle, which took us and all of our stuff right up to where we had to check in for the cruise. No schlepping, and no hassles!

The room was nice and modern, with a marina view, and was a bit larger than what I was expecting. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful, and the parking lot had easy access.

What made this a stupendous choice for us was the parking. We had made a reservation at a local long-term parking lot that had a great rate for the month we'd be leaving the car. I made the reservation because when I'd called the hotel directly, I was told that we'd have to pay $5 a night to park. But during a conversation with another guest, also on the cruise, I learned that a 2-night stay at Yacht Harbor meant free parking. What a deal!! And not only that, before we left I was given the hotel's business card to call for the shuttle to pick us up at the cruise terminal when we returned. And no charge, except for a tip to the very helpful driver.

If we take another cruise out of San Diego, we'll stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sukki007
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The check in was ok but as soon as I entered the room it was a big disappointment.
There was a strange smell maybe coming from the carpets and I was not feeling very comfortable to sleep in this Motel. The sheets had some black spots. They told me is a walking distance to downtown, but it was 3 miles away. Apart from the marina, there is nothing else in this Motel.
The breakfast was average, but as in the USA you barely get a room with breakfast, it was in the positive side.

Room Tip: I have no idea just stay away from this Motel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Booked in for the night we arrived in San Diego. It was fine, easy to find, clean and surprisingly quiet after we closed the balcony door. For the price we found on 'easytobook' it was a good choice/value.

Room Tip: look for a higher floor room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
seacap, Manager at Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad to hear that the street noise was not an issue for you as I think it depends guest to guest. I am also glad that everything was easy like finding us as we are in a very central to find location by the airport, right in Point Loma. We hope to see you again soon for another visit!