“An excellent hotel in a good location”

Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel
Ranked #98 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 30, 2009

A no problem hotel. Good clean rooms, nice breakfast. A little pricey though.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnaheimRobt

Reviewed September 27, 2009

The room was really nice, enough facilities, friendly manager and a good breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank magali182
GMMiramar, Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2009

Let me start by thanking you for completing Survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that comment will help other people choosing our hotel.this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 858-578-6600.

Reviewed August 16, 2009

Booked one night on priceline since my usual hotels were full and didn't feel like using Hilton points. Will never make that mistake again. Pulled into hotel lot on a Saturday night about 10:00 p.m. Lot was COMPLETELY full even at that fairly early hour, lot spaces are very inadequate to the number of rooms. Finally managed to find a place after circling four times. Just as I was only pulling my bags out, three cars in the lot, all vehicles carrying "gangbanger" types drove by (looking to park at the hotel, not leaving), looking at me and scoping out my car. Similar type patrons in the lobby and around the exterior corridors of the hotel. I am not shy about travel, I have walked and worked in rough downtown areas, but I do expect to feel at least a modicum of safety for my person and belongings/vehicle. As I was walking to the lobby, two police cruisers came into the lot, one to circle, the other to park for awhile. At that point, I had it -- I informed the management that I would rather waste my priceline bid and go stay somewhere else, which I did. I am very disappointed that a Best Western would allow this activity on its property. The police did not seem to act like this was an isolated incident, but rather one of their regular patrols. I do not leave a negative review unless I feel it really warrants it, and this one wins first prize for me. I will never book this property again, let alone stay here. It is unsafe-feeling, and I would never take a family here.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
GMMiramar, Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2009

On behalf of myself and the entire staff here at the Best Western Inn Miramar, we are saddened to hear that a guest was displeased with his recent experience at the hotel. We pride ourselves on excellent guest service, beautiful and comfortable accommodations, and a safe and pleasant experience.

The location of this hotel is in close proximity to the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar and is a very safe location. One of our most respected accounts is one that is with a Marine Division on this base. During the evening this guest checked in with us we had a large group of this Marine Division staying with us. We feel privileged to have the Marine Division stay at the Best Western Inn Miramar. They are the very men and women who protect our country and we are honored to have them at the hotel. They are often times not in military uniform during their stay at the hotel but are by no means ‘gangbangers”. They are polite, quiet, and very respectable guests. We have a very close relationship with their command and have never had any problems with them in the many years they have used us as their preferred hotel.

To ensure the safety of all of our guests we have area officer’s occasionally do courtesy visits to the hotel as they do other hotels in the surrounding area. The Best Western Inn Miramar is in a very safe area and is located in a county with a dedicated and very courteous police force. There was no activity going on at the hotel and we thank the police for being kind enough to check up on us once in awhile, stop in for a cup of coffee and say hello. We appreciate their service.

We are sorry that the guests experienced anything but absolute satisfaction during his visit – as it is our goal to provide nothing but the best for each and every one of our guests; whether they are business men, military soldiers, sports teams, or family vacationers. Each and every guest is important to us!

Reviewed July 29, 2009

Nice hotel which was reasonably priced for the area. It has 2 restaurants within walking distance. The room was clean and well maintained. Wireless internet was easy to access.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
GMMiramar, Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2009

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2009

My family and I recieved superb customer service from Mr. Patel and staff. We will be happy to recommend this particular hotel to our friends and other family members visiting the San Diego area...without a doubt!

We wish to thank the parties concerned for their care, warmt, and professional attitudes in the service recieved...g-thanks!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 24, 2009

Very clean hotel, friendly staff. Rooms are very new looking. Nice breakfast in the mornings. Room service is great, the maids are very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
GMMiramar, General Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2009

Reviewed February 8, 2008

Check-in was a nightmare due to a computer system being down and thus the clerk being unable to issue a key-card. They need to have a backup system in place as it was very annoying to stand around for 20 minutes while the clerk talked to computer tech support on the phone. The rooms itself are very clean, fairly spacious, and with a good, high-quality mattress. Bedding is decent and new. I did not try the continental breakfast due to time considerations. Nice big pool and jacuzzi. Seems a little expensive for what it is...a mid-range room.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Leonardsworth
BWIM-Manager, General Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2008

Thanks for review. After your visit we have more change done.