“Beyond dirty”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, United States
“Beyond dirty”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was by far the most unkeep Best Western we have ever stayed in. Not only was there garbage under the bed, there was debri on the floor in the bathroom, rugs were dirty, bath tub did not drain. Simply horrible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SD_GM92131, General Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. We also appreciate your feedback as it is valuable to us. Thank you also for bringing up your concerns. Guests like you only make our job easier to address the items to our staff immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay and we hope you reconsider and stay with us in the future. Thank you again for reviewing the Best Western Plus Miramar.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
Rohnert Park, California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We traveled from Northern California to San Diego for a state Harley Owners Group event. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. Eggs, sausage, waffles, assortment of pastries and breads, juices, etc. Very filling to start the day off. In the evening, we would relax by the pool and socialize. Staff was friendly and provided options for our various requests and questions. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing your stay at the Best Western Plus Miramar. We are so happy to hear that our staff was “very accommodating and friendly.” We strive to work hard in providing exceptional quality service and are glad that you took notice. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are glad that you took advantage of that. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and staying with us during your visit to San Diego. We appreciate you recommending our hotel and we hope to see you in the future. Thank you!
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 6, 2013

So as you can tell from my previous reviews, I am a frequent guest here. Usually stay every two weeks for a weekend. For one, rate def got a major hike for summer time, which I was okay with, considering. However, pool got dirtier as summer progressed, rooms cleaned less thoroughly, parking became a def hassle, no ice on the bottom floor machine during my whole stay. After staying there every two weeks for about a year now, I got 86'd!! Someone stole one of my room keys while at a party & apparently there was a raucous that I knew nothing about until the next day. Keep in mind, this came on the heels of me complaining 3 times during the same stay (about the above) when I had never complained before. Apparently the new front desk person, who is not very efficient may I add (don't remember his name, but is only male at front desk), didn't appreciate it & I got cut. I have easily thrown a grand or more at this hotel. Oh well, I guess that's what loyalty gets ya. Hotel next door, here I come...lol.

Room Tip: I'd be scared of catching something if they don't clean that pool SOON!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for investing some time in reviewing our hotel. We also appreciate you bringing up your concerns to our attention. Guests like you only make our job easier to address the items and fix them. To hear what has happened to you is very upsetting. What you experienced is the exception and not the rule for the kind of service we provide. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and please know that your issues are being addressed with our staff so that we are able to improve our guest service to future guest. Again, I thank you for bringing this review to my staffs attention and hope that you will re-consider staying with us in the future.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were absolutely satisfied. The front desk was very helpful and our room was very clean. I would definitely stay there again. We were not far from Seaworld. we had a good experience with this hotel. I was happy and had no problems and very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Maria,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased that your stay with us was a success! I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We hope to have you and your family return and stay with us again! Best Regards from everyone at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar.
Ridgecrest, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a great place to stay. It's centrally located, is neat and clean and inexpensive. I loved being close to eating places and shopping, and not having to deal with much traffic. I would recommend this hotel because of the bargain price and more than adequate rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased that our hotel has been so accommodating to your needs. We love to hear what our guests have to say about our property. We hope to have you continue staying with us!
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I'm a returning guest from Hawaii and I really enjoy my stay here at BWM..the rooms was nice new furnitures upgraded TV its great ..thanks to Mr.Manu Patel for assisting me on all my needs especially on my reservations ..keep up d good work..

• Stayed August 2013
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your continued stays with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased to hear that your experience with has been consistent. We love to hear what our repeat guest have to say about staying with us. We will see you soon! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've had my fair share of stays in budget-minded, no-frills motels/hotels, but I must say that this place was the best so far. The Plus in Best Western Plus really does make all the difference.

Upon arriving, we were quickly able to find a parking spot. The property itself exuded safety and cleanliness, with its brown hues and well-kept grounds. I felt comfortable. There was one young asian woman at the front desk who was there for both our check-in and check-out. I remember I had to wait a little longer on both occasions since she was the only one there, but nonetheless, she was polite and accommodating.

She asked us if we wanted a room on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level and we had replied that it didn't really matter. She set us up on the 2nd interior, which overlooked the pool/jacuzzi area. It was a central point. I noticed that all the rooms had doormats, which was a nice touch.

We had booked a double queen. The wooden bed paneling with accompanying reading lamps made the room pleasant and inviting. One note I must add is the noise we encountered. Maybe it was just our neighbors (which had around 10+ people), but we could hear them each time they entered/exited their room. That was my only complaint about this place. It's close to the freeway, but you can't hear traffic at all, just noisy neighbors. Also, both microwave and refrigerator are included in the rooms, as well as a coffee maker, which you won't really need because -

There is a full complimentary breakfast served by the office every morning from 6 to 9! This was definitely the HIGHLIGHT of this hotel. Free food is always a plus, especially if it's not just strictly continental. There were scrambled eggs, sausages, mini waffles (which you make yourself with one of the two wafflemakers), toast and pastries, a variety of cereals, fruit, yogurt, a coffee and tea station, and a juice station serving up some OJ or apple juice. It's quite a selection for a budget hotel. A young mexican man steadily refilled the warm foods and was helpful in getting me started on how to use the wafflemaker. Though the serving room is quite small, there is also some seating outside. Or you could always go back to your room or sit out by the pool.

Overall, the four of us had a delightful experience. Its location is about 15-20 minutes to all the tourist spots. We hit up Old Town for dinner and did the SD zoo the next day. Be sure to ask if they provide any discounts, because we had stumbled upon $4 off coupon each for the zoo in their pamphlet area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I love to hear what guests have to say about the property and how their experience was. I am so pleased that your stay was such a "delightful experience". We strive to offer the best service to our guests and the best quality rooms as well. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar, we hope to have you return and stay with us again.