“Great Stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, United States
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were absolutely satisfied. The front desk was very helpful and our room was very clean. I would definitely stay there again. We were not far from Seaworld. we had a good experience with this hotel. I was happy and had no problems and very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Maria,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased that your stay with us was a success! I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We hope to have you and your family return and stay with us again! Best Regards from everyone at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Turkish first
Ridgecrest, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a great place to stay. It's centrally located, is neat and clean and inexpensive. I loved being close to eating places and shopping, and not having to deal with much traffic. I would recommend this hotel because of the bargain price and more than adequate rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased that our hotel has been so accommodating to your needs. We love to hear what our guests have to say about our property. We hope to have you continue staying with us!
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I'm a returning guest from Hawaii and I really enjoy my stay here at BWM..the rooms was nice new furnitures upgraded TV its great ..thanks to Mr.Manu Patel for assisting me on all my needs especially on my reservations ..keep up d good work..

• Stayed August 2013
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your continued stays with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased to hear that your experience with has been consistent. We love to hear what our repeat guest have to say about staying with us. We will see you soon! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've had my fair share of stays in budget-minded, no-frills motels/hotels, but I must say that this place was the best so far. The Plus in Best Western Plus really does make all the difference.

Upon arriving, we were quickly able to find a parking spot. The property itself exuded safety and cleanliness, with its brown hues and well-kept grounds. I felt comfortable. There was one young asian woman at the front desk who was there for both our check-in and check-out. I remember I had to wait a little longer on both occasions since she was the only one there, but nonetheless, she was polite and accommodating.

She asked us if we wanted a room on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level and we had replied that it didn't really matter. She set us up on the 2nd interior, which overlooked the pool/jacuzzi area. It was a central point. I noticed that all the rooms had doormats, which was a nice touch.

We had booked a double queen. The wooden bed paneling with accompanying reading lamps made the room pleasant and inviting. One note I must add is the noise we encountered. Maybe it was just our neighbors (which had around 10+ people), but we could hear them each time they entered/exited their room. That was my only complaint about this place. It's close to the freeway, but you can't hear traffic at all, just noisy neighbors. Also, both microwave and refrigerator are included in the rooms, as well as a coffee maker, which you won't really need because -

There is a full complimentary breakfast served by the office every morning from 6 to 9! This was definitely the HIGHLIGHT of this hotel. Free food is always a plus, especially if it's not just strictly continental. There were scrambled eggs, sausages, mini waffles (which you make yourself with one of the two wafflemakers), toast and pastries, a variety of cereals, fruit, yogurt, a coffee and tea station, and a juice station serving up some OJ or apple juice. It's quite a selection for a budget hotel. A young mexican man steadily refilled the warm foods and was helpful in getting me started on how to use the wafflemaker. Though the serving room is quite small, there is also some seating outside. Or you could always go back to your room or sit out by the pool.

Overall, the four of us had a delightful experience. Its location is about 15-20 minutes to all the tourist spots. We hit up Old Town for dinner and did the SD zoo the next day. Be sure to ask if they provide any discounts, because we had stumbled upon $4 off coupon each for the zoo in their pamphlet area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I love to hear what guests have to say about the property and how their experience was. I am so pleased that your stay was such a "delightful experience". We strive to offer the best service to our guests and the best quality rooms as well. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar, we hope to have you return and stay with us again.
Carlsbad
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for serval time and every time I am happy with my stay. I seen lots of improvement in last two years. I like to stay top floor and they have two elevetor is good for my old legs. Breakfast is good, belguim waffle, eggs, sousages, fruits and cereals is good enough to start my day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review, it lets travelers learn about our hotel. I have to say I love to hear from guests that stay with us very regularly. I am extremely pleased that your stay with us has been consistent and improving over the years. I appreciate your loyalty to Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar, and we hope to see you very soon!
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The location is convenient to attractions. We went to the Sea World and then took less than 30 minutes to the hotel. The staff was nice and let us choose our preferred room. We took the 3rd floor and it was quiet at night. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Not enough parking to accommodate paying customers. Breakfast area was too small and crowded, and could not keep up with the amount of guests. A little more detail could be paid to the cleaning of the rooms. This place is next to Miramar air base, so there are a lot of Military personnel there on business. It was still quiet for the amount of guests, but far from attractions. Not really any good restaurants, but a lot of trendy shops on the Bvld. Price could have been better for what we got.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family