“service is everything. this one has NONE”

Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel
Ranked #94 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“service is everything. this one has NONE”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I didn't stay here. the place looks decent from the outside, but the inside....well, I never got that far.
first, I entered the front desk area to have 2 men behind the desk. One just standing there, the other answering the phone...over and over the phone rang. he wasn't very plesant to the callers either. and after getting off the phone, he would mock and make fun of them. from the TV not working to the faucett leaking to the front door lock not working. his answer seemed to be "maintenance isn't here, I can't do anything." really?? after about 10 mi9nutes, he got to me.
I asked for any room, I'm not picky. he said sure we have one for ya...then I mentioned the corporate card I travel for business on and was told, he would see if he had a room.(card is for discounted rates like AAA) I then mentioned that I had a rewards number I wished to use and he handed me back the rewards card and said that the rewards points would not be awarded on discounted rates. (I have received rewards points on EVERY hotel I checked into with this same card including BW plus, Holiday inn, comfort/quality...every one! ) he then answered the phone again and interupted our conversation without even saying "excuse me" or anything...and after a
few minutes of being ignored I left and told them i would find another hotel that was friendlier.
I went a little farther toward the jobsite and got a room at another Best Western in Santee...where they are friendly and I really liked the empolyees and the location. (and I got the reward points like I have at all other hotels.)
these guys were jerks, and I would rather sleep in my car than stay here. I will never stop here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bernie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Turkish first
CA
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on May 4.
When I checked my hotel receipt when I got home, I noticed there was a $1.00 added for "safe charge".
I don;t use the safe in hotels. I don't bring valuables when I travel.
When I called customer serives, this specific hotel charges for the room safe whether you use it or not.
I've never seen a "safe charge" before so I didn't expect it.
That was disappointing.

JQ
Los Angeles, CA

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jquinio
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Exceptional service from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. I liked the fact it's close to the highway. Hotel was clean and quiet. Almost cancelled d/t reviews I read after making my reservation. I'm very glad I didn't.

Room Tip: Got a ground floor and was very happy with it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Best Western San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased to hear that your experience with us was "exceptional". We work hard to give the best service and quality to all of our guests and I am so happy you took notice. We hope to have you stay with us again soon! Thank you for choosing Best Western.
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at BW Miramar for 7 nights and loved it. The location is perfect..it is about 20 minutes to all major attractions. The hotel was excellent and quite peaceful location. The service and customer service was great and breakfast was food. Only suggestions, if they could have some change in breakfast everyweek in cereal variety. The manager and staff are both very helpful and knowledgeable.

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing the pool on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear guest,
I am so pleased to read that your stay at the Best Western Plus Miramar San Diego was such "excellent and quite peaceful". We are so fortunate to be located so centrally to all attractions that our beautiful city has to offer and I am overjoyed that you were able to enjoy that. It is gratifying as well that our complimentary breakfast was pleasing to you and your party. We strive to serve our guest as best as we can in all aspects. Thank you for choosing Best Western and we hope to see you again soon!
Ventura, California, Usa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family stayed here for a few days while visiting relatives and i've never been disappointed with Best Western. The room was big and clean. The location was great. My kids loved the breakfast also. I'd return here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Solomon,
I am so happy to hear that you and your family had a stay with "excellent service". We strive to give the highest level of service along with the best possible quality of rooms to all of our guests. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Miramar San Diego, we appreciate your loyalty to the brand and hope to see you and your family soon when visiting relatives again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 2, 2013

2nd time staying. Used to stay at hotel across the way. Bigger more expensive. This hotel rooms are a bit bigger, beds just as comfy. Always enough towels. Pool & jacuzzi right by rooms. Spa is burning hot (both times). could stand to be turned down a tad. All in all a pleasant stay. Front desk attendant is always pleasant, didn't catch her name but same person both times. Free Wi-Fi & breakfast. As long as the prize remains as it currently is below its 2 nearby competitors, this will continue to be my preferred place to stay. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
W appreciate your loyalty to Best Western Plus Miramar San Diego. I am so delighted to hear that your recent stays with us have been so great that our property will "continue to be [your] preferred place to stay". We hope to have you return soon and that we may continue to offer you the best of service. Thank you for Choosing Best Western.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great hotel, very friendly staff. Everyone here is always friendly and willing to give advice on restaurants or whatever you need. If you ever need anything, like a toothbrush or another towel, they'll be happy to oblige you...even if it's just friendly conversation. The receptionist Rea is a sweetheart! Complimentary breakfast everyday is a great plus and it's nice to just relax by the pool. Of course...there is always room for improvement, but overall, very good value!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SD_GM92131, General Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank You very much for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus Miramar San Diego. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find our property to be "convenient and Friendly". Here in our hotel, our staff strives to maintain an inviting environment for all our guests and we work hard to give the best service we can. It is also pleasing to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast served every morning. Thank you for choosing Best western and we hope to have you stay with us again soon when in the area.