“The Perfect Hotel for a Relaxing Getaway”

Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel Old Town
Ranked #68 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Kenai, Alaska
“The Perfect Hotel for a Relaxing Getaway”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The friendly staff, the decor, and the cleanliness created the relaxing getaway I needed! The room was comfortable and the furnishings made me feel like I was in a nice hotel in Mexico. The gardeners do a beautiful job of landscaping the grounds and the fountains. I enjoyed a delicious dinner while watching the sunset from the restaurant patio. I definitely recommend this hotel for people who want to explore Old Town and want nice lodging close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Linda T
Ryanaguinaldo, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel Old Town, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for this wholehearted recommendation! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed dining at our restaurant The Old Town Tequila Factory. For those planning travel, we have a great Mexican restaurant at the top of our hotel that offers indoor and patio seating with panoramic views of the area. We hope you return soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
El Centro,
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I would like to thank Dean for letting us check in early. We were scheduled to stay at the Courtyard Marriott for 3 days for the Memorial Day weekend. Well we got a surprise when they slipped our bill under our door for only two nights. I called the front desk, and they notified us that they only had us down for 2 nights and that they were now sold out. So lucky I called the Best Western Pus Hacienda in Old Town. We were able to check in early like at noon. We had a truck and really had not place to store our stuff. So thank God for Dean to the rescue. We stayed in room 806 this is the perfect location right above the parking structure. It is located walking distance to everything In Old Town. We will stay here again and ask to try to stay in this same room or in the 800 building were this room was located. Thanks Dean for all your help :-)..

Room Tip: Building 800 all rooms are walking distance to Old Town.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TravlerElCentro_
We’ll pass along your gratitude to Dean. Thank you for sharing this experience and for choosing to stay with us!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 25, 2014

it's a nice hotel in a wonderful location. Almost a month later i have received no request for an evaluation of my stay; that alone tells me something. Personnel ranged from nice, helpful (most of them) to borderline rude. The housekeeping was casual, to put it mildly, and I saw no evidence of supervision. Overall, I sensed an attitude of 'what we can't do for you' than 'what we can do.'

Room Tip: Some rooms have a magnificent view. I was put in the closest unit, which maybe was more convenient...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank mlr001
Wow. We do send out surveys (via the reservation email address) to each guest so I am concerned you did not receive one. Thank you for putting that on my radar. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail with our leadership team, please feel free to reach out to Dean Featherstone (Asst. Front Office Manager) or myself through the hotel. We want what you want, which means we strive for each guest to have a great experience with us.
Irvine, California
Reviewed May 23, 2014

As you'd expect in "Old Town," this isn't the newest hotel, but even though it's tired in some spots, this hotel, with its vintage California style, is pretty clean and welcoming. Staff was kind and helpful to me. And it's right in the heart of a funky SoCal tourist district. The first thing you have to know about this place is that it's built on a hill, and a map really helps with navigating the place. You'll likely do elevators and stairs getting around. It's an adventure, and parking can be interesting. One thing that was completely modern was the TV remote, which is claimed to be sparkling clean, in its own fresh cardboard holster, not just lying around. Seems like a sealed design and maybe they can put them in a dishwasher. A rather nice feature for hypochondriacs as those remotes can be pretty filthy. Speaking of TVs, you can hear the sound from other rooms, so you might want to pull out those earplugs that you should always pack when traveling. As for location, it's very close to the airport and downtown and much of what San Diego offers. If you plan on coming here, expect a classic '60s/'70s experience, mostly better for tourists, not business types.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, try to ask for a room that's easy to reach.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and recommendation. We hope to welcome you back again!
Houston, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I really wanted to stay at this hotel because it looked nice. It is extremely well decorated. The issue was beyond the surface. I paid for parking but there were no spots. I ended up parking on the street. The room was noisy. I could hear the rooms next to me and whenever the water turned on in a different place I could hear the pipes working.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for pointing out the charming style of the Best Western PLUS Hacienda Hotel Old Town! It sounds like parking and the room noise dampened your enjoyment though. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel if another stay in San Diego is in your plans. I would like to make sure your expectations will be exceeded. Parking availability is hardly ever an issue and we can put you in a room location more suited to your preferences. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address your concerns.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Good location in Old Town, walking distance to main street with restaurants and souvenir shops and very close to many historic sites. Hotel itself is different - built in the mode of haciendas with common walkways outside the rooms in the various buildings - we counted 7 buildings in all. It took a few days to get used to the layout with the elevators tucked away and lots of stairs and steps, we are glad we didn't have to carry luggage to/from our room. Picturesque hotel for sure, large rooms well equipped, quiet. The restaurant in the hotel was called Tequila Factory and buffet breakfast was included in our stay, this was the most disappointing part of our stay - cold food, disinterested staff, we even had to search for cutlery. Having a nice restaurant would have changed our rating to excellent.

Room Tip: If you are older and/or have mobility issues, this may not be the hotel for you, due to the amount o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ryanaguinaldo, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel Old Town, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Cool photos! Thanks for adding to our collection! Your compliments and feedback are always welcome. We hope you join us again soon!
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Most of the time the people at the front desk are rude,there is a big change over with employees at that position,they had a couple of nice girls before.but they are long gone,they double charged me last time,it was thru inexperience,besides the desk it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
: I’m glad your impressions at the front desk this time did not dampen your overall satisfaction. Please don’t hesitate to personally reach out to Dean Featherstone (Asst. Front Office Manager) or myself if you ever have a problem in the future. We want you to have a warm and welcoming stay each and every time you are here!