WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #78 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Burlington, United States
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great Staff and Service, specially Restaurant personnel. Best location in the middle of town, walking distance to Old Town and the architecture and décor has great Spanish feel. Was in business and the accommodations were excellent and the attention to detail in the service was remarkable

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ryanaguinaldo, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hacienda Hotel Old Town, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for the pointing the attention our team gives to the details and for specifically complimenting the restaurant staff. Our new restaurant, called the Tequila Factory is now open. We hope your trip was successful!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel is in the middle of everything in Old Town and we had a fabulous stay. We loved the location and the hotel had a lot to offer, we loved the decor too. You won't regret staying here, we were in room 208 and had a great view of the small town at night and we could get to everything within a few minutes. Room was really quiet and cozy. We just loved the nice clean decorated room. We had a complimentary breakfast and on the menu it said ham and I didn't see any on the buffet so I asked could I get some and it was served right away, they had sausage and I can't eat sausage because of the seasonings used in it. They also have a business center where we printed our boarding passes for the next morning. The people at the front counter were very helpful and offered some suggestions of eating authentic Mexican food, it was delicious. Thanks for making our stay pleasant and I sure wish we had more time to stay here. We have plans for coming back and May 2014 and I am sure we will spend a few nights here.

Room Tip: Wonderful location in the center of Old Town
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation and lovely photos (for travel planners, please check-out our large collection here on TripAdvisor). It is so nice to hear that every aspect of your stay was a success. I look forward to sharing your words with our team. See you next May and please let me know if I can ever be of assistance!
Farmington, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 days here and had a great time. No car needed during stay! Short walking distance to Old Town tourist attractions. Great Mexican food as well ! Be sure to take the City Trolley tour..narrated and informative. Toured the USS Midway ..also a wonderful tour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dmartinnetherton
Thank you! We sincerely enjoyed having you as our guest! We do hear frequently that having a car is optional with a stay at our hotel. We appreciate you sharing that helpful tidbit with community members planning travel. Come back again soon!
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Loved the Spanish style of this hotel and that it is steps from Old Town restaurants and shops. We literally walked down one flight of stairs and were in the parking lot of a great little place for drinks and Mexican food. The room was spacious with vaulted ceilings, a King sized bed, couch/sitting area and clean bathroom. The hotel also gave us a free voucher for drinks, a dinner and free breakfast at their rooftop restaurant. The breakfast was a little lackluster (buffet--do it yourself waffles, mediocre lukewarm food). Even though it was free, I would probably venture out of the hotel to eat as we did for lunch and dinner.

We will be back and maybe will even bring the kids next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Courtney C
We’d love to meet your kids! Thank you for this vote of confidence and recommending a stay at our hotel for family vacations!
Covina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hotel nice however not to satisfied with the hotel cleanliness because of hair on the floor and bed-sheets didn't seem to be cleaned, Loud people outside our room, table and chairs are placed right outside for other residences could sit and talk but to close to rooms. completely dissatisfied :(

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Janet T
Thank you for the review with compliments of our hotel. We are known for our cleanliness so your feedback is disconcerting. I am reviewing this review with our Director of Housekeeping in order to ascertain if this was an isolated experience. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Before your next trip to San Diego, please feel free to reach out to me personally through the hotel so that I can assign you to a room in a more private location. With eight buildings spanning the hillside, we truly do offer something for every taste. Thank you again for your generous rating.
Brea, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Have stayed here several times for the past few years and know which buildings we like to stay in (avoid Bld 600) facing Juan street. Of my 3 requests I made while booking the rooms, none were taken into account & I was give a room facing Juan street (again) in the 600 Bld. The most they would do is move my room to the other side not facing Juan street, which turned out to be okay, just disappointed that no one honored any of the early requests I made when booking the rooms. At check out the girl Alex had quite an attitude to my wife and myself practically scolding us about a parking permit, and actually said to us "well dont even bother because its not going to help you now anyway" when I was going to get the parking permit from my car. She really kind of soured our weekend stay as we left

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for alerting us to the issues you experienced. I truly regret we were unable to deliver a responsive experience akin to your past stays. Please accept our apologies for these communication failures which are unacceptable. We are currently reviewing your reservation in order to make swift corrections. Before your next visit to the city, please reach out to me so that I can make sure that your reservation and stay is managed personally. Thank you for being a loyal guest and I hope to hear from you soon!
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Much better than I expected from Best Western. Reasonably priced and the room itself was a better than expected for BW but the hotel overall was great and the location put it over the top. Steps from Old Town and a short walk to the trolley to downtown. This will be our go-to hotel in San Diego from now on.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Jon S
Ryanaguinaldo, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hacienda Hotel Old Town, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We are proud to be your favorite San Diego ‘home away from home’! Thank you very much for giving us this chance to exceed your expectations. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me if I can ever be of assistance!