“Very enjoyable, a little pricey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Sea Beach Hotel

Blue Sea Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Minnesota
“Very enjoyable, a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife, 2 kids and I stayed here in June. Just like most of the other reviews have stated, the location is fantastic. There are restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.
Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable and everything worked as it should.
Check-in was a breeze and all throughout our stay the staff was very friendly.
The parking situation is a nightmare but they only have so much space so it is what it is. I do think for the price you're paying for a room that parking should be free for guests.
My only other suggestion is that the pool should get cleaned more frequently. There was quite a bit of hair floating around right as you walk into it. During our 3 night stay it never went away which was a little gross. All in all I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank cam01209

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were three adults, one handicapped, a 1 yr old and a car. This was our third hotel in as many nights and this was by far the best (others were name brand i.e. Embassy, Sheraton. Great remodeled and clean room. Bedding was lovely, even the crib. Pool area is nice and I think there is a "view" from every room. Great when those Marines run by! But please, if you are over 250# male - PLEASE WEAR A SHIRT! Can we just say EW!!! Sadly our room faced the whirlpool. Access to this fun fun beach is perfect for the vacationer. I probably should take stars away for the elevators which were a bit jolty but the parking and close-by shopping and restaurants make up for it.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the sea :), maybe be upstairs ….
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Pelligrino
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband was attending a Conference in Downtown San Diego, and I took our 2 girls (5 & 10) to go surfing. Easy cab ride, great room, great for kids, walking distance to CVS, grocery store, many eateries. Having the microwave & fridge in the room was a huge plus. Surf lessons are right in front of the hotel and lifeguards were great about keeping everyone informed about tides/currents and swim surf conditions which was great w/trying to keep an eye on both kids in the water. We probably would have stayed an extra night, but they were booked solid through the weekend. Staff was helpful and worked to get us a late check-out, so the kids could wrap-up surf lessons w/time to go back to the room. Easy, convenient and fun!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
3 Thank Kelly W
SLC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

If you are looking for a hotel right on the Beach, this is the place. Not only are you right on the beach, you are within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. This is not a large chain hotel, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms have been recently remodeled, they have a modern, bright décor including a microwave and compact refrigerator. A great destination for a family vacation or just a weekend get away.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean front if you like to hear the ocean or sit on the balcony and watch the waves.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Randy C
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was a family weekend trip. The hotel has a small cramped feel, from the parking lot to the lobby, and into the room. The location was the best part about it - right on the beach and very close to everything you could want for a beach weekend. I dont know that I would stay here again. I'm not convinced its worth the money. I could have stayed somewhere nicer for a little more money. We tried to sleep with the sliding door open, but the neighborhood around us over powered the sound of the ocean.

Room Tip: We had a side room that had a partial ocean view. I'm sure we would have had a better stay if we...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank W P
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I'm so disappointed this place has changed, no longer friendly nice place to stay, run by complete idiots. Air conditioning sounds like a train in the night by your bed, the unit is right beside your head in the bed my friend got a chest infection. Absolute rip off for a less than average place. Every bit of charm is gone (stayed here two years ago). Decor is trying so hard to be cool, but is just completely random without function unless you are a 12 year old boy who likes to play tetris, half of the lobbey is taken up by an ugly games table . Absolutely no comfort in the lobbey, especially not when speaking with the fake robot ladies who work behind the desk who charged over $1200
To a current account card on check in despite us double checking they were not charging for the stay until checkout. Unfortunately when we politely brought up the issues we essentially got no help from the staff or management.
Beautiful location though, and I absolutely love pacific beach,il just stay somewhere else next time!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank eils_dublin
Ruben G, General Manager at Blue Sea Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay with us. I would also like to apologize for the misunderstanding at check-in with regards to the $1200 authorization on your friend’s card. It is a common hotel industry practice to authorize (hold funds) for the total amount of one’s stay on a credit card at check in. At check-out, guests are more than welcome to settle their account in any manner they choose. Whether one chooses to leave the charges on the credit card that was used at check- in or split the charges on multiple credit cards, we provide those service options at check-out. Again, my sincerest apologies to you and your friend for the inconvenience that was caused as result of the credit card authorization. If I can be of any other service to you, I can be reached at rgarza@blueseabeachhotel.com. Thank you so much for staying at the Blue Sea Beach Hotel.
Ruben Garza
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

But then, I'm easy to please. All I want is a beach hotel next to the surf and sand, a view of the sea, the sound of the waves and no alarm clock! I have taken my 2 granddaughters here 5 times in the past year and am scheduled to return for one last summer "hurrah" in 2 weeks. The hotel is on a fantastic street with a great restaurant nearby, tee shirt shops down the boardwalk, ice cream stops here and there and 360 degree views. There is the Crystal Pier a few blocks away with a great corner cafe where people line up into the street to have breakfast. The grocery store (Ralph's) is close by too and with the amenities in our room, we can make breakfast and lunch. Sea World is about 20 minutes away, as are the zoo and other attractions. You will love this place and remember your stay there for years to come.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mini-bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Auntfannie
Thank you for those wonderful comments! I am so happy to hear that you and your granddaughters enjoy staying at the Blue Sea Beach Hotel and we most definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit! Thank you for staying with us !

Regards,